Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Something that concerns me...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I've never been one for bedrest but a few weeks ago me and my brother were talking about it when I realized something horrifying.

The max companion order time is 2 weeks
After a while of leveling that will happen to bedrest, meaning if we're out of gold and most of our companions are dead, unless we could go on with our current companions to get gold to revive those companions/Progress with the story, we can't use the dead companions for 14 WHOLE DAYS. Turning "Dang it I lost! Oh well, I can try again tomorrow!" to "Dang it I lost! Oh well, I can try again in a fortnight!" So if those companions you have left die, you're pretty much stuck and can't go on for 2 weeks. You could try and farm the chests in Aquila for more gold, but if that doesn't help then you can't really do much on that pirate for 2 weeks... So please, limit the companion bedrest to a day at most. That's something I can agree on, now I know some people are going to say
"Well it's your fault your companions died cause you must be bad at the game!" No matter how good your strategy, dodge, armor, companions are, you WILL lose sometimes, you can't control luck, you can't control super hits from the enemies and no matter how high their accuracy is, you can't control if a companion will hit or not.

I just wanted to talk about this cause I do not want this to happen.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
darkmoordude on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
I've never been one for bedrest but a few weeks ago me and my brother were talking about it when I realized something horrifying.

After a while of leveling that will happen to bedrest, meaning if we're out of gold and most of our companions are dead, unless we could go on with our current companions to get gold to revive those companions/Progress with the story, we can't use the dead companions for 14 WHOLE DAYS. Turning "Dang it I lost! Oh well, I can try again tomorrow!" to "Dang it I lost! Oh well, I can try again in a fortnight!" So if those companions you have left die, you're pretty much stuck and can't go on for 2 weeks. You could try and farm the chests in Aquila for more gold, but if that doesn't help then you can't really do much on that pirate for 2 weeks... So please, limit the companion bedrest to a day at most. That's something I can agree on, now I know some people are going to say
"Well it's your fault your companions died cause you must be bad at the game!" No matter how good your strategy, dodge, armor, companions are, you WILL lose sometimes, you can't control luck, you can't control super hits from the enemies and no matter how high their accuracy is, you can't control if a companion will hit or not.

1. Max level pirates have no trouble earning gold -- 40,000 just from doing the Party Barge quests? Tower of Moo Manchu? Sinking cutthroat ships in Westminster Skyway is easy and gives both gold and Scrip.

2. Max level pirates have two pages of companions. You would have had some SERIOUSLY BAD luck to have all of them on Bed Rest at the same time.

3. Bed Rest is NOT a must. Wake them up and play with them wounded.

4. Find other pirates to play with -- boost their companions, and hope for Group Plunder (see #1 above).

Bed Rest is not the issue to fear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

"The max companion order time is 2 weeks."
That only applies when giving more than 9 or 10 companions orders on a single task, it has nothing to do with bed rest. Bed Rest and Brawlin' are handled individually per companion. For example: say you set 3 of your companions to Brawlin' to gain experience for the next level. Say it takes 5 hours to brawl, it will be 5 hours for each companion, not 5 hrs. plus per every companion set to that task.
I don't see Bed Rest going much higher. In any case, your scenario is most unlikely to happen ( unless our pirates get to level 500. )

I never say to someone that you lost your companions because you're bad at the game. I say that over-use of a single team and one set strategy is a major cause of players losing their companions.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011

Wow, I didn't know it could reach this long. Strategies can only get you so far when so much luck is involved. A companion should never unable to be used for more than a day or two at most. Maybe the more companions on bedrest the less time for the more recently defeated ones? I just don't believe a companion should be in bedrest for that long.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
What if I told you, I never lost a battle on my buck?

Then I would be lying. I lost to Kane

And what you can do is give it scrapper talent 5 or 4 idk

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
What if I told you, I never lost a battle on my buck?

Then I would be lying. I lost to Kane

And what you can do is give it scrapper talent 5 or 4 idk
4 ranks of "Scrapper" cuts the time by 25%.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
frostednutella on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know it could reach this long. Strategies can only get you so far when so much luck is involved. A companion should never unable to be used for more than a day or two at most. Maybe the more companions on bedrest the less time for the more recently defeated ones? I just don't believe a companion should be in bedrest for that long.
It doesn't for bed rest. It's only about a day that you'd be without that companion, and that's if the companion was at game max. Lower level pirates with lower-level companions are only out a short time.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

When companions are doing tasks that net YOU something, the time goes up as additional companions are assigned to a task. Think about a time when someone tried to help you with something and it slowed you down. That's why the extra time for those tasks.

Bed rest gets you nothing; it allows your companion to recover from his/her wounds. As the name implies, they're lying around in bed doing nothing. Someone on another bed, also doing nothing, isn't going to affect the effectiveness of say, Baar's resting. You can't help someone rest, so the time doesn't increase, even if more companions go on bed rest. Baar's still going to need his 12 hours or so, but Bonnie Anne needing to lie down isn't going to matter. She's in her hospital bed and he's in his. They may both be grumpy patients, but the nurses assigned to Bonnie Anne aren't going to also be assigned to Baar, so both recover in the same time frame, assuming both were wounded in the same fight and both are the same level.

If you're a low enough level pirate that you have less than a page of companions, I doubt any of them are going to be on bed rest long enough for you to run out of companions unless you really aren't using any strategy other than "throw my companions between me and the bad guys and hope for the best."

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
Scrapper Rank 4? That is news to me! I thought Scrapper Rank 3 was the current highest rank you could give a companion?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
There aren't 4 ranks of Scrapper right now - only 3, but yes, the result is 25% faster healing. I never use Scrapper (there is always someone else ready to fight), but perhaps a 4th Rank will eventually become available.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
There aren't 4 ranks of Scrapper right now - only 3, but yes, the result is 25% faster healing. I never use Scrapper (there is always someone else ready to fight), but perhaps a 4th Rank will eventually become available.

, you're right. ( I seem to be getting ahead of the game... )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
When companions are doing tasks that net YOU something, the time goes up as additional companions are assigned to a task. Think about a time when someone tried to help you with something and it slowed you down. That's why the extra time for those tasks.

Bed rest gets you nothing; it allows your companion to recover from his/her wounds. As the name implies, they're lying around in bed doing nothing. Someone on another bed, also doing nothing, isn't going to affect the effectiveness of say, Baar's resting. You can't help someone rest, so the time doesn't increase, even if more companions go on bed rest. Baar's still going to need his 12 hours or so, but Bonnie Anne needing to lie down isn't going to matter. She's in her hospital bed and he's in his. They may both be grumpy patients, but the nurses assigned to Bonnie Anne aren't going to also be assigned to Baar, so both recover in the same time frame, assuming both were wounded in the same fight and both are the same level.

If you're a low enough level pirate that you have less than a page of companions, I doubt any of them are going to be on bed rest long enough for you to run out of companions unless you really aren't using any strategy other than "throw my companions between me and the bad guys and hope for the best."
I always imagine my wounded companions lying in their beds being tended by Nurse Quinn or the Crab Hermit ( he has a very nice bed-side manner ).
If El Toro goes down, Mustang Sally, as a devoted wife, is there by his bed feeding him nourishing soups; and of course, El Toro does the same for her ( although he's not as good at this as she is. )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
I always imagine my wounded companions lying in their beds being tended by Nurse Quinn or the Crab Hermit ( he has a very nice bed-side manner ).
If El Toro goes down, Mustang Sally, as a devoted wife, is there by his bed feeding him nourishing soups; and of course, El Toro does the same for her ( although he's not as good at this as she is. )
LOL!