Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ridiculously over powered enemies.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
So I'm on the second to last chapter in the final book, and I'm on the step where you have to fight six Voidfish for some dude.
It's impossible.
I'm a level 68 Musketeer, with a lvl 69 Rooster Cogburn, lvl 68 Bonnie Anne, and a lvl 68 Hawkules as my main companions. In one round, the Voidfish can bring me to half health, and kill Bonnie Anne. In one round. The next round, I'm dead, and I just flee as it's not worth getting my other two companions dead. Oh, and did I mention that they're only level 64, four levels below me
They have endless Blade Storm, Relentless, Second Chance, and Flanking. And more than half of their hits are Epic or Mega hits.
I would do it with friends, but they're never online at the same time as me. And I can't find anyone to make new friends. How has anyone ever beaten this quest step
Sorry if I seem annoyed, but I am. This is ridiculous.

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
Can anybody plan to meet up with me to beat this quest? Or is that not allowed on these message boards?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Annoying Quinn She... on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
So I'm on the second to last chapter in the final book, and I'm on the step where you have to fight six Voidfish for some dude.
It's impossible.
I'm a level 68 Musketeer, with a lvl 69 Rooster Cogburn, lvl 68 Bonnie Anne, and a lvl 68 Hawkules as my main companions. In one round, the Voidfish can bring me to half health, and kill Bonnie Anne. In one round. The next round, I'm dead, and I just flee as it's not worth getting my other two companions dead. Oh, and did I mention that they're only level 64, four levels below me
They have endless Blade Storm, Relentless, Second Chance, and Flanking. And more than half of their hits are Epic or Mega hits.
I would do it with friends, but they're never online at the same time as me. And I can't find anyone to make new friends. How has anyone ever beaten this quest step
Sorry if I seem annoyed, but I am. This is ridiculous.
Sorry, but you're using the wrong companions for such a battle. You need heavy hitters for this instance, preferably those that have Hold the Line ( so that the Void fish won't swarm you ).
RATBEARD!! I don't know how many times I have recommended this companion - he hits hard, can take hits and if you've given him HtL3, is a powerful defense against other bucks. Giving First Strike to him is also useful as well as Repel Boarders ( though not for those who are Swashbucklers ).
Gracie Conrad also comes with HtL and her summons has HtL as well, not to mention her nifty booby trap!
These 2 companions can form a bulwark for a few rounds while you and another musketeer companion shoot the living hoo-ha out of them!
And why not use Chantal or Louis? They're much better than Rooster.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Annoying Quinn She... on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
Can anybody plan to meet up with me to beat this quest? Or is that not allowed on these message boards?
Where and when? Give day, time ( & time zone ) and server.
I will personally be glad to help you beat these fish. Mind you, these fish are easy compared to the Stiletto Fish that are part of 2 side quests.....

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, but you're using the wrong companions for such a battle. You need heavy hitters for this instance, preferably those that have Hold the Line ( so that the Void fish won't swarm you ).
RATBEARD!! I don't know how many times I have recommended this companion - he hits hard, can take hits and if you've given him HtL3, is a powerful defense against other bucks. Giving First Strike to him is also useful as well as Repel Boarders ( though not for those who are Swashbucklers ).
Gracie Conrad also comes with HtL and her summons has HtL as well, not to mention her nifty booby trap!
These 2 companions can form a bulwark for a few rounds while you and another musketeer companion shoot the living hoo-ha out of them!
And why not use Chantal or Louis? They're much better than Rooster.
Thanks, I'll definitely try those ideas. Also, is HtL Hold the Line?

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
Holy cow, it worked Thanks a ton for emparting your wisdom upon me.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
perhaps you need to go back and do side quests /
no reason you should not be level 70 before you even get to Valencia 2 if you do them all

and take the time to upgrade the companions you use to 70 so that you have the right chances

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Another idea is to use a ship with a smaller deck surface so that the voidfish have less space to move around and swarm your crew. Squeeze everyone into a corner to protect your ranged fighter, and use tougher melee crew on the front line.

Calabria Skyway challenged all of us to change our thinking.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Annoying Quinn She... on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Holy cow, it worked Thanks a ton for emparting your wisdom upon me.
You're welcome, I'm very glad to hear that it worked! Good Luck going further in Valencia!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Sometimes, your class has difficulty against certain enemies. Whether you have the wrong type of companions, you keep getting crit, whatever. Sometimes the game just isn't on your side.

However, it's NEVER impossible. Sometimes it may seem like that it really might. If you lose over and over don't just hit yourself in the brain and say "dang this is impossible!" Maybe think about it for a second, rearrange your doubloons, call a friend, or even use a raft boat so you can hit everything easily.

There's LOTS of things you can do and especially as a musketeer there's lots of tricky things you can do. Have you tried using old scratch and boosting your spells? This will boost your bomb damage. Have you tried bringing a swashbuckler team and chantal and boosting your agility by loads?

The two ranged classes are all about outsmarting your opponents and attacking them in ways they could never expect. Think a little and take a chance!