Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One wish

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
So once you get the golden claw from the crescent cavern in Diablo cut(still my favorite dungeon) it's a real disappointment since only monquintans can make wishes... even though donkey hoto was able to wish for a million bananas again. So the only monquistans can make wishes thing was probably a lie to keep us from making disasterous wishes. So if you still had the monkeys paw what would you wish for? Of course wishing for more wishes is against the rules but otherwise you got it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
So once you get the golden claw from the crescent cavern in Diablo cut(still my favorite dungeon) it's a real disappointment since only monquintans can make wishes... even though donkey hoto was able to wish for a million bananas again. So the only monquistans can make wishes thing was probably a lie to keep us from making disasterous wishes. So if you still had the monkeys paw what would you wish for? Of course wishing for more wishes is against the rules but otherwise you got it.
Donkey Hotay was once a monkey and even though he's a donkey now, he's still a Monquistan - that's why the paw worked for him.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
Donkey Hotay was once a monkey and even though he's a donkey now, he's still a Monquistan - that's why the paw worked for him.
Then this claw is a racist.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Donkey Hontey as a companion would be my wish, downside is I doubt he would be that effective as a companion though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
Then this claw is a racist.
First thing its a paw not a claw. It's also a holy relic of a martyred saint - St. Bonzo the Unfortunate. Do you really want to mess with this relic, seeing how if your heart isn't pure in its wish, the paw will twist your wish?
I don't believe that Gortez or Eleanor have used it yet, simply that its known that they own it is probably enough to impress the Monquistans.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
Donkey Hontey as a companion would be my wish, downside is I doubt he would be that effective as a companion though
I already have a companion described as "crazy", nope, I don't want another one.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Not wanting to turn into a deranged donkey, I would make a wish so simple, so simplistic, impossible to misinterpret or evilly twist against the wisher. I wish... FOR THE SHAOLINQUAN VESTMENT from Friar Sand to just miraculously appear in my pack after a run. Please, please, please Friar Sand just drop the stupid outfit so that I can advance with the storyline on my swash and not have to spend hours on end farming. I know this request is a bit unusual but I've been farming for nearly a week (not straight through of course but usually between 20-45 minute periods pretty much every day) for that one item to give to my level 51 swashbuckler. I have pretty much every other item I might want from Friar Sand (including multiple copies of his weapon, his medallion, and 3 or 4 gourds.) but not the outfit that grants revive. I have to keep my hopes up else I might give up this pursuit entirely and that'll just make it hard on my swash. sigh.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone073 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Not wanting to turn into a deranged donkey, I would make a wish so simple, so simplistic, impossible to misinterpret or evilly twist against the wisher. I wish... FOR THE SHAOLINQUAN VESTMENT from Friar Sand to just miraculously appear in my pack after a run. Please, please, please Friar Sand just drop the stupid outfit so that I can advance with the storyline on my swash and not have to spend hours on end farming. I know this request is a bit unusual but I've been farming for nearly a week (not straight through of course but usually between 20-45 minute periods pretty much every day) for that one item to give to my level 51 swashbuckler. I have pretty much every other item I might want from Friar Sand (including multiple copies of his weapon, his medallion, and 3 or 4 gourds.) but not the outfit that grants revive. I have to keep my hopes up else I might give up this pursuit entirely and that'll just make it hard on my swash. sigh.
Let's see how my nefarious mind can twist that wish:
1. First, this is a selfish wish - a wish for an item to make you more powerful. Therefore, the wish isn't "pure".
2. You wished for the Shaolinquan Vestment to "miraculously appear" in your pack.
BOOM! Wish granted: it's in your pack, however, you neglected to mention that you would like to wear this item!
Hehehe, it stays in your pack, never to be worn!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I wouldn't use the wish at all honestly. A relic like that with power left in it? I'd instantly equip it to my witchdoctor so that she could channel her mojo through it to amp up the power of her spells tenfold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
I wouldn't use the wish at all honestly. A relic like that with power left in it? I'd instantly equip it to my witchdoctor so that she could channel her mojo through it to amp up the power of her spells tenfold.
I believe that would generate a curse of Epic proportions ( probably involving locusts. )

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
1. First, this is a selfish wish - a wish for an item to make you more powerful. Therefore, the wish isn't "pure".
2. You wished for the Shaolinquan Vestment to "miraculously appear" in your pack.
BOOM! Wish granted: it's in your pack, however, you neglected to mention that you would like to wear this item!
I should have known...

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
lololol I am still giggling into my coffee... lololol I can so see him struggling with the backpack.. trying to get it out.. maybe to be pulled in xD lolol

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
hmm what would you wish for? you never said :3

one of my all-time favorite story-line quests just KI really did extremely well on this one.. combining several nods to other stories in history and movies both as well as along the way some bits of goofiness :3

stormy jen silver

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I would wish for 1 billion bananas just to see what would happen (probably a war across all Monquista over who would have control over such a supply, but that's a whole post in itself)

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
lololol I am still giggling into my coffee... lololol I can so see him struggling with the backpack.. trying to get it out.. maybe to be pulled in xD lolol

stormy jen silver
Lol, yes well my "impure" wish never came true. A couple days later, my pet granted me rally, and I received another outfit that gave an agility buff. I figured that combination was just as or better than what the vestment was offering, revive. At that point I decided to give up farming Friar Sand entirely.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2016
I don't know...

If I was able to use the Monkey's Paw to wish for something, I would probably use it to wish to be a respected pirate captain

~Scarlet Devereaux