Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The massive Skull!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
At skull mountain there is a massive skull, I get that its completely aesthetic but my friend suggested here should be some sort of lore behind it?

Would make an amazing side quest unlike any else

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Well you have the prawns in skull island right?
So you could think it probably is the skull of a fallen Storm Titan or Ice Giant. Those two are the ones that are humanoids, while dragons aren't, obviously.

Just a thought I had, since the Prawns were the favored of Storm Titans, according to The Master dialogue, and while I reminded myself of Wizard's lore, of that war that created the Spiral, between Dragon Titans, Storm Titans and Ice Giants.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
At skull mountain there is a massive skull, I get that its completely aesthetic but my friend suggested here should be some sort of lore behind it?

Would make an amazing side quest unlike any else
It could be the skull of a fallen Titan, or a natural formation from erosion.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ricardo6802 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Well you have the prawns in skull island right?
So you could think it probably is the skull of a fallen Storm Titan or Ice Giant. Those two are the ones that are humanoids, while dragons aren't, obviously.

Just a thought I had, since the Prawns were the favored of Storm Titans, according to The Master dialogue, and while I reminded myself of Wizard's lore, of that war that created the Spiral, between Dragon Titans, Storm Titans and Ice Giants.
That's a good explanation, I have never played wizard so I don't get all of what your saying but I am sure it could be made into a low level side quest, I believe such a side quest would help keep W101 players over here at P101 with so much content relating to W101 such as the aztecosaurs we encounter early on with Manny's quest

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
That's a good explanation, I have never played wizard so I don't get all of what your saying but I am sure it could be made into a low level side quest, I believe such a side quest would help keep W101 players over here at P101 with so much content relating to W101 such as the aztecosaurs we encounter early on with Manny's quest
Long story shortened, Bartleby and Grandmother Raven sang the first world into existence. Their first children were the Titans of Fire, Ice and Storm. Their feuding shattered the First World into the fragments now known as the "Spiral".
The Titans of Fire looked like dragons, Storm Titans like tritons, Ice Titans looked like human giants - if the Skull Cave is the remains of a Titan, it may be an Ice Titan.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Long story shortened, Bartleby and Grandmother Raven sang the first world into existence. Their first children were the Titans of Fire, Ice and Storm. Their feuding shattered the First World into the fragments now known as the "Spiral".
The Titans of Fire looked like dragons, Storm Titans like tritons, Ice Titans looked like human giants - if the Skull Cave is the remains of a Titan, it may be an Ice Titan.
Actually I think it can also be a Storm Titan if I'm right, I mean, I believe that Storm Titans are the Storm Lords, like the spell from the Storm school, and not the Tritons.
And it seems to be so according to the Storm Teacher dialogue when you do the quest for it.

You can check on the W101Central wiki.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
That's very cool indeed, side quest material!

"Or a natural formation from erosion"

I highly doubt it and it's hardly side quest material

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
The skull could be a cultural artifact, carved by hand from the giant rock by some long lost civilization. Possibly the Prawns, or maybe from a civilization that existed in the First World, before the Spiral was formed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jan 18, 2017 wrote:
The skull could be a cultural artifact, carved by hand from the giant rock by some long lost civilization. Possibly the Prawns, or maybe from a civilization that existed in the First World, before the Spiral was formed.
Well, the Prawns did claim to be the children of the Storm Titan, so that's a possible.