Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor pvp help!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
Hi. I do not have the moo manchu imperial robes and I feel like i am not ready to start doing pvp. This is my gear for the moment.

Hat-Corrupted Wushi Hat/Scout Headband

Robe-Robe of Houdini

Boots-Gladiator Boots/Corrupted Wushi Boots

Wand-Nefarious Staff/PhuleWand

Eyepatch-Soul Shroud

Totem-EyeGlass of Reverence or whatever it is

Charm-Spirit Walker's Charm

Ring-Wranglers Ring

Pet-webs,scent2, rally, trition song
Also, what are good strategies for spar 1v1? I know for ranked, but what are some good strategies for each class? witch vs buck spar, witch vs musket spar, etc.

I also would like to know any tips since I do not have the moo robe for ranked.

Thanks

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Thefirstchum on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
Hi. I do not have the moo manchu imperial robes and I feel like i am not ready to start doing pvp. This is my gear for the moment.

Hat-Corrupted Wushi Hat/Scout Headband

Robe-Robe of Houdini

Boots-Gladiator Boots/Corrupted Wushi Boots

Wand-Nefarious Staff/PhuleWand

Eyepatch-Soul Shroud

Totem-EyeGlass of Reverence or whatever it is

Charm-Spirit Walker's Charm

Ring-Wranglers Ring

Pet-webs,scent2, rally, trition song
Also, what are good strategies for spar 1v1? I know for ranked, but what are some good strategies for each class? witch vs buck spar, witch vs musket spar, etc.

I also would like to know any tips since I do not have the moo robe for ranked.

Thanks
Your gear looks really good! My future witch is using that gear as well, except with moo robe and earthen charm, as well as fall champ weapon, so he'll be done by winter lol, and levy patch. However, you need a grant elusive from pet

Witch vs Buck
Gracie strategy, which uses Gracie, Bonnie/Scratch, and Nausica/Scratch/Bonnie, works well vs bucks. Although, with the new epics that everyone has, ratbeard could also work, but gracie has her summon and mine. Basically, you hide in a corner, with gracie on the outside, to stop units from getting to bonnie. Your opponent will have to kill at least one companion to get to you. This allows you to play slightly more offensive vs bucks, as well as buys some of your companions some time to do a little more damage.
Witch vs Buckler
Contessa with FS 3 and Riposte 2 generally works well vs them. Her gallant defense and FS 3 allow her to somewhat counter fog, and with your scent pet, can easily destroy or delay a fog rush. Again, you're in a corner with contessa in the gracie spot.
Witch vs Musket
IDK if you have nausica, but I HIGHLY recommend that you get her. She's almost a staple for Privy, Musket, and Witch. Just fort and scratch absorb nausica and rush her in. Bonnie allows you to support her if her health drops low from the other side of the field. Spam them with Mournsong, and such. Phule's wand is also quite helpful.
Witch vs Privy
Summon spam, and use toro. This allows you to tie with summon war, if not win. Mojo Burn pirate if unprotected. Take down any possible buck units, if not nausica or bonnie, or an unprotected pirate. When it comes to late game, reduce their spell power, and spam them.

Witch vs Witch
Mojo Burn, don't use scratch, since mojo burn does A LOT of damage. Instead, go for bonnie, goro nausica, which tends to work well vs witch. Spam them and reduce spell power. Rush in goro and nausica, and try to gurantee as many kills as possible with them.

Hope I helped and good luck!

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
This sounds very good. Thank you for the help. However, what if I am in spar and they ban scratch or summons? Do you have any tips when it comes to that? Also, do you think barricade is viable in spar vs buckler or buck?

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
Also, I do not have moo manchu robe or the fall champion staff so what do I do vs bucks in spar who highland first round. Should i hide since i sometimes use glad boots so like put gracie in front? idk ;p

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
So sorry I am not putting this all on one reply but could you also explain if the privy says no summons or scratch? what would you do then? (privy would then be melee with vicious fort and assassins).

Furthermore, what would you suggest (this is for spar) if the privy bans summons, scratch, and nausica? Thank yu so much for the help man.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
Thefirstchum on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
This sounds very good. Thank you for the help. However, what if I am in spar and they ban scratch or summons? Do you have any tips when it comes to that? Also, do you think barricade is viable in spar vs buckler or buck?
If they ban scratch, then go for bonnie, nausica, and some other unit, depending on the class. Buck would be some unit with hold the line, buckler would be a first strike unit and barricade (which is viable in spar). If they highland first round, the best play that you could make imo is to corner with your pirate right at the edge of the board, since it will force them to attack gracie more, this will protect one unit from a pete or something. Normally, if they highland first, they won't rush in their pirate as it will be unprotected, so you only have to worry about the companions for now. bonnie helps a lot witch gracie, since that reduce from overwatch 3 will allow her to dodge more, so I recommend give gracie Accurate 4, Spirited 4, Tough 4, and Dodgy 4 with Rough 1, since even with a toro buff, they'll be missing gracie quite a bit. In the end, you may only have 1 or 2 units left, just try and take out Pete and any other buck unit, but focus on them each, Juju buffs to help you try and chain more vs them. If not, you can always use your gracie summon which helps a lot if you have more time when they rush. If they ban summons, then this really doesn't favor you, but vs privy, summons don't really help anyways, since discord. But if they ban summons scratch and nausica, you are very limited to what you can do, but either go offense or defense. Phule's Wand, bonnie, ratbeard, and some other unit that has a lot of burst damage will help you the most. If melee, spam them first with mourns and if you can reach with that 7 range, start mojo storming them. Ratbeard should provide a lot of protection from the first rush with his knockback and HtL. Bonnie and your other unit can spam them down with juju buffs, since they don't have very high agility. Reduce their spell power, and spam them down with your powers and bonnie, and try and make it you vs the privy, since you'll win that match up most of the time.