Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Rant about Difficulty Complaints

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
There are SO many posts talking about difficulty increase in Valencia part II, so I just decided to reply to them all at once. Valencia part II has a sudden jump in difficulty that people `are saying is "too hard" or "you need to hire henchman" or "it's turning into wizard where it's impossible to solo" and things like that. This is a list of reasons why the difficulty increase is a GOOD thing.

"Too hard" : This is the end of the first arc. We shouldn't be able to breeze through it and win battles without any thought. Before this, only a few points in Pirate have been this challenging. We haven't had a world besides this that has pushed us too and beyond our limits every single battle.

'You need to hire henchman" : You will not need an extra hand if you keep the hands you have alive. Be more defensive, change up your strategy. The way I play has changed DRAMATICALLY because of Valencia part II. Instead of just buff first round then charge, I have been utilizing my powers and thinking much more strategically.

"It's turning into wizard where it's impossible to solo" : Some parts of Valencia part II are VERY hard to solo (the Duomo, Kane), and when I can to places like this, I praise KingIsle for adding team-up.

While this world is definitely a step up, with a little bit of strategy, it can be overcome. Feel free to share your thoughts, and see you in the Spiral.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
Alex the Pirate on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
There are SO many posts talking about difficulty increase in Valencia part II, so I just decided to reply to them all at once. Valencia part II has a sudden jump in difficulty that people `are saying is "too hard" or "you need to hire henchman" or "it's turning into wizard where it's impossible to solo" and things like that. This is a list of reasons why the difficulty increase is a GOOD thing.

"Too hard" : This is the end of the first arc. We shouldn't be able to breeze through it and win battles without any thought. Before this, only a few points in Pirate have been this challenging. We haven't had a world besides this that has pushed us too and beyond our limits every single battle.

'You need to hire henchman" : You will not need an extra hand if you keep the hands you have alive. Be more defensive, change up your strategy. The way I play has changed DRAMATICALLY because of Valencia part II. Instead of just buff first round then charge, I have been utilizing my powers and thinking much more strategically.

"It's turning into wizard where it's impossible to solo" : Some parts of Valencia part II are VERY hard to solo (the Duomo, Kane), and when I can to places like this, I praise KingIsle for adding team-up.

While this world is definitely a step up, with a little bit of strategy, it can be overcome. Feel free to share your thoughts, and see you in the Spiral.
1. Agreed, there was only 1 hard fight in Aquila (The Hydra) and no hard fights at all in Marleybone.
2. One time when I was doing "Bob's Your Uncle" on my WD, all my main companions had 3 wounds and I still had 4-6 fights left, instead of summoning henchmen, I just continued to use them and I did just fine with the quest. Proves that henchmen are not needed.
3. Agreed, I didn't like how wiz made Azteca impossible without a life mastery, without any crowns I struggled soling it and had to duet it but I'm glad I don't have to pay any crowns to solo Valencia part 2.

Lvl 70
Lvl 32

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Valencia 2 is very punishing for those who are not prepared. I soloed the clockwork dungeon and it was very intense, I did use a few doubloons though. It took a lot of determination and will. It amazing how the clockworks super hit and block like crazy. I know how it feel to be defeated, it does not bode well.Witch motivate me to become a better player.

Here is what I did as a , always have a companion in handy, like Bonnie Anne, Zeena, if you have the Crab Cannoner from the crown shop and the centaur queen, if available from the Empire's bundle. companions have long ranged attack, witch is handy.

Then have two powerful companions, like Goronado, Contessa, Hawkules, Kobe, El Toro, Lucy, Goat monk from the crown shop, Tamujin, Peter Quint, Thunder Hoof etc. To team up with your pirate, and don't stay in one spot for too long, use more guile tactics in other words and keep moving.

I prefer using the Monkey King,he was very helpful as a companion with the help of El Toro.

If you have use Terracotta Army, from Moo's Jacket or my favorite trap blood's flame from Captain blood's jacket.Just farm for these boss items they help a lot. or use your scrip gears, these gears are legendary and may help even out the odds.

Until then best of luck,pirates.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
I personally enjoyed the little burst in difficulty. As a privy, my team was Rat Bonnie and Bill/Zeena. Ratbeard is very helpful. Slap on a fort and put him out front and he'll be able to handle all the hits. Knock them back or just move back, and during that time, spam forts, heals, and bombs and let bonnie and Bill spam the opponent down. The only part that I didn't solo was the final dungeon, I've had very little loss in terms of companions with this team and strategy.

The ones that say "you have to hire henchmen" are not innovating. They buff and rush, and companions get destroyed due to the increased amount of epics, accuracy, and dodge. By playing defensive, imo allows you to make Valencia II simple. It's very simple to beat Valencia, but it isnt easy. There cam be quite a lot of grinding involved.

On a side note, is it just me or are all of the assassins that the unicorns do always an epic? Justcurious

Petty Officer
Mar 23, 2011
I soloed up to Kane with no trouble, most dungeons I failed on were because I didn't pull my key power and then we all died, honestly I struggled most with duomo, clockworks was pretty easy. Now I'm farming for my gear to solo Kane!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I soloed all of valencia 2 with entirely random companions with a single glaring exception: Kane. it just seems that no matter how i planned and what I did, even breaking my companion rule, I could not solo him. I tried several times, even resorting to doubloon spamming (though never to hiring henchmen) but it was only with a team up that I finally found success.