Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Drop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 27, 2016
A while ago, I was farming cutthroats in Skull Mountain (I can't for the life of me remember why), and after I had finished the battle, I received the Holly Jolly Roger companion. I have no idea if it actually was from that battle, or if it was sheer coincidence. Can someone please explain to me what might've happened? Thanks in advance!

Silent Sam Sharp, Level 70

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Seems like someone gifted it to you. Companions don't drop from battles, so this is the most likely assumption.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2020
I'm not sure. As far as I know, no companions are dropped by enemies(as intriguing as it sounds). This particular companion should be a crown shop purchase.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silent Sam Sharp on Nov 24, 2021 wrote:
A while ago, I was farming cutthroats in Skull Mountain (I can't for the life of me remember why), and after I had finished the battle, I received the Holly Jolly Roger companion. I have no idea if it actually was from that battle, or if it was sheer coincidence. Can someone please explain to me what might've happened? Thanks in advance!

Silent Sam Sharp, Level 70
That is weird. You can't get a companion as a drop; you could get one as a recruit but not the Holly Jolly Roger.

Are you sure it's the Holly Jolly Roger and not Bones MacGee (witchdoctor recruit)? He's very similar in appearance.
@ LookIt Light: I don't think companions can be gifted. Also, Holly Jolly Roger is only available during Christmas and Christmas in July.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2016
anecorbie on Dec 1, 2021 wrote:
That is weird. You can't get a companion as a drop; you could get one as a recruit but not the Holly Jolly Roger.

Are you sure it's the Holly Jolly Roger and not Bones MacGee (witchdoctor recruit)? He's very similar in appearance.
@ LookIt Light: I don't think companions can be gifted. Also, Holly Jolly Roger is only available during Christmas and Christmas in July.
I'm 100% sure it's the Holly Jolly Roger, as he has the candy cane and the whole Yuletide outfit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silent Sam Sharp on Dec 2, 2021 wrote:
I'm 100% sure it's the Holly Jolly Roger, as he has the candy cane and the whole Yuletide outfit.
OK, unless you bought him yourself (and forgot), does anyone else have access to your account? Because that's the only way I can think of you getting Holly Jolly Roger as a companion.
Companions don't drop and can't be gifted.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silent Sam Sharp on Dec 2, 2021 wrote:
An idea occurs to me: did you enter a contest or free give-away from a fan web site? This is one of the ways you might have got that companion.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2016
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2021 wrote:
An idea occurs to me: did you enter a contest or free give-away from a fan web site? This is one of the ways you might have got that companion.
No, but I recently learned that something sort of similar could (allegedly) happen with the Ruined Lighthouse Old Scratch fight, where there is a chance for a skeletal companion to be recruited. Also, this was around the Yuletide 12 Days of the Spiral event (I can't remember which year but I believe it was 2016.)