Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Thoughts Returning Years Later.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd give my thoughts on the current state of the game after returning years later. I'd say I originally joined... when the game was first released and then dropped off a bit until the Marleybone and Aquila update brought me back with excitement. I was ecstatic, Pirate101 was finally getting more story, and I was eagerly excited to see our journey inch one step closer to El Dorado. However, after that update, the wait went on for years. It did not take long for me to say goodbye to my old Swashbuckler, as I had given up hope. Now I return years later, beginning a new journey as a Witchdoctor. But to my dismay, only ONE world was expanded upon, Valencia Part 2. To be honest, that was not the only thing that began to eat away at my charisma. The population for every single realm is listed as "Perfect". Absolutely none of them are crowded, indicating that most of the fanbase had given up. When it comes to MMOs, eye-catching updates are absolutely critical to help keeping it healthy and alive. That is where I think this game went wrong, I apologize, but as an old and recurring player, I needed to get this off my chest. I have heard about the new acquisition from another company, but the fact that the entire game is essentially empty with almost no players is so depressing to me, and leaves me with almost no hope. I wish I could understand what exactly happened, and that I could foresee a future for this 8 year old MMO filled with potential. It especially upsets me due to the fact that at this current state of the game, we will never be able to experience that wish of seeing El Dorado, and how the game has evolved over the years. That is all I wish to state, if I could change things about the state of Pirate101 with a simple magic wand, I would in a heartbeat. Thank you to the remaining community members that have kept the game alive for so many years, as to be honest I cannot foresee this game lasting much longer. Also just wanted to share my feedback, and thank you Message Board Moderators for allowing me to vent some criticism. I hope eventually you guys will strive to make the current state of the game different.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Well, thanks for coming back. I don't disagree with your points, but as a pirate who never really left, I have to answer why all of the Realms may be Perfect. (And, you don't say whether you were playing on a weekend or what time of day...)

Many of us play our own individual games, NOT in Avery Realm. The Spiral is a vast place, where our ships often sail solo through the skyways simply because we prefer it that way. There is no reason to crowd into Avery unless you are a pirate looking for help.

I don't know at what point the population in a Realm goes from Perfect to Crowded, and I wonder if Bat Masterson would tell us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on May 5, 2021 wrote:
Well, thanks for coming back. I don't disagree with your points, but as a pirate who never really left, I have to answer why all of the Realms may be Perfect. (And, you don't say whether you were playing on a weekend or what time of day...)

Many of us play our own individual games, NOT in Avery Realm. The Spiral is a vast place, where our ships often sail solo through the skyways simply because we prefer it that way. There is no reason to crowd into Avery unless you are a pirate looking for help.

I don't know at what point the population in a Realm goes from Perfect to Crowded, and I wonder if Bat Masterson would tell us?

Avery Realm may be "perfect" but I still see a lot of pirates there. Even on weekdays.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Jonathan Mistwalke... on May 5, 2021 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd give my thoughts on the current state of the game after returning years later. I'd say I originally joined... when the game was first released and then dropped off a bit until the Marleybone and Aquila update brought me back with excitement. I was ecstatic, Pirate101 was finally getting more story, and I was eagerly excited to see our journey inch one step closer to El Dorado. However, after that update, the wait went on for years. It did not take long for me to say goodbye to my old Swashbuckler, as I had given up hope. Now I return years later, beginning a new journey as a Witchdoctor. But to my dismay, only ONE world was expanded upon, Valencia Part 2. To be honest, that was not the only thing that began to eat away at my charisma. The population for every single realm is listed as "Perfect". Absolutely none of them are crowded, indicating that most of the fanbase had given up. When it comes to MMOs, eye-catching updates are absolutely critical to help keeping it healthy and alive. That is where I think this game went wrong, I apologize, but as an old and recurring player, I needed to get this off my chest. I have heard about the new acquisition from another company, but the fact that the entire game is essentially empty with almost no players is so depressing to me, and leaves me with almost no hope. I wish I could understand what exactly happened, and that I could foresee a future for this 8 year old MMO filled with potential. It especially upsets me due to the fact that at this current state of the game, we will never be able to experience that wish of seeing El Dorado, and how the game has evolved over the years. That is all I wish to state, if I could change things about the state of Pirate101 with a simple magic wand, I would in a heartbeat. Thank you to the remaining community members that have kept the game alive for so many years, as to be honest I cannot foresee this game lasting much longer. Also just wanted to share my feedback, and thank you Message Board Moderators for allowing me to vent some criticism. I hope eventually you guys will strive to make the current state of the game different.
Alas, this is a common feeling for us longtime/returning players. My hope is that KI's acquisition will breathe some new life into Pirate101 because it genuinely deserves a QOL update or two and a continuation of the story.

As for the player population, it is significantly smaller than Wizard101's, so it makes sense that most realms are quiet. As others have said, Avery realm is somewhat populated, but I've found a lot of players (myself included) prefer a more solo experience.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Numbers certainly have fallen off. For years I maintained (and played) three member accounts and had a couple of pirates active on a one-member account. But as the % of my pirates who had continued the game climbed, and there were no new chapters on the horizon, I eventually stopped playing. After a year or so of not playing, I deactivated two of my three member accounts (I kept one, even though I am not saying, sort of as an ongoing "thank you" to KI for all the fun I had with Pirate). If the acquisition of KI does lead to new material for Pirate101, I will be back in force. It is an awesome game.

-Indigo