Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

macOS Big Sur Now Supported for Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We're happy to inform you that Pirate101 now supports Big Sur!

Depending on your exact setup, you may need to reinstall the game before it will let you log in, especially if you updated to Big Sur before Mar. 10th.

Please post any technical concerns related to macOS Big Sur in the comments below. If you have any general account related questions, please read our FAQ and knowledgebase first and then contact customer support and they will be happy to assist further.

Thank you for your extended patience as we worked to implement this compatibility.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2014
I tried to play it but it still closes instantly. Already tried re downloading. What do i do?

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
After several attempts to fresh install Pirate101, the game still will not even open to the login page as it crashes instantly. The computer in question (for me) is the M1 MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.2.3). I have noticed others are having this issue as well on Twitter though I am not sure which model computers they are using. Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013
Hi! I've been attempting to install Pirate on my mac with Big Sur. I've tried it several times and it successfully installs, but fails to initialize when I open the launcher and immediately closes. I'm not sure what else I could do if you have any advice!

Ensign
Jan 09, 2016
I still can't seem to open Pirate101. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times but it still doesn't work.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2016
Bat Masterson on Mar 10, 2021 wrote:
We're happy to inform you that Pirate101 now supports Big Sur!

Depending on your exact setup, you may need to reinstall the game before it will let you log in, especially if you updated to Big Sur before Mar. 10th.

Please post any technical concerns related to macOS Big Sur in the comments below. If you have any general account related questions, please read our FAQ and knowledgebase first and then contact customer support and they will be happy to assist further.

Thank you for your extended patience as we worked to implement this compatibility.
im sorry but i just deleted the old pirate101 model i had and downloaded the new one and my game still won't load is it just me having this issue? if it is can someone please help me

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013
Hi! The update appears to still not be working for me after reinstalling multiple times. It opens to initialize for a quarter of second before immediately closing. Is there anything I can do?

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
Hey Bat, the Pirate101 launcher downloads correctly but upon launching the game the application quits immediately (before the login portal even opens) with no error messages. My computer is the M1 MacBook Air with Big Sur 11.2.3. Please keep us updated, thanks.

P.S. I have seen comments on Twitter from users who are having the same problem that I am.

Administrator
Please try reinstalling and loading the game again, we resolved a loading issue earlier this week.

Ensign
Mar 22, 2011
Hi-- we're running Pirate with OS 10.12.6 on a mid 2010 iMac, which has always worked just fine. The new update won't even load and says it now requires 10.13 or later.

KI has always been great about making sure that kids playing on hand-me-down computers didn't get left out of the fun, but your latest update completely breaks the game for us. Will you be adding compatibility for older OS back in?

Thanks!

Administrator
story smith on Mar 19, 2021 wrote:
Hi-- we're running Pirate with OS 10.12.6 on a mid 2010 iMac, which has always worked just fine. The new update won't even load and says it now requires 10.13 or later.

KI has always been great about making sure that kids playing on hand-me-down computers didn't get left out of the fun, but your latest update completely breaks the game for us. Will you be adding compatibility for older OS back in?

Thanks!
Greetings!

While we would love to support all macOS operating systems all the way back to that time period, unfortunately at some point it does not become feasible to do so.

It sounds like your system is using a macOS that's out of date and not supported any longer. Can you please confirm which one you are using and we'll see if we can assist.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
Hi Bat. After the fix the game now loads properly but during gameplay I am experiencing horrible performance issues. The game runs incredibly slow and combat is impossible. I have tried adjusting the settings to the lowest options and it makes no noticeable difference.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2012
I thought it was just me. I recently starting playing again and I'm using a MacBook Air, the 2020 version with the m1 chip and the game runs extremely slow. The game is literally unplayable. I even tried lowering all the settings and my character looks like a 1fps blob and it still feels like I'm running the game on a potato even though I dropped 1k on this MacBook, the problem is def on kingsisle's end.