Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP companion guide: The marchioness

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Hi, me again. The pirate that wants to become a pvp master. This time we take a look at the best build for Marchioness ( help may be needed, I am still new to pvp and haven't actually gotten a max yet).

Name: Marchioness. Class:
Epics: Bladestorm 3, hold the line 2, repel boarders 3, veangence strike 2.
Talents: Tough 4 Rough 4 Spirited 4 Dodgy 2 Armored 2 Resistant 2 Accurate 3 and Spooky 3.

If you have any questions or ( most likely) want to point out any mistakes I made, plz just post them bellow.

Community Leader
Amazingshot123 on Apr 22, 2020 wrote:
Hi, me again. The pirate that wants to become a pvp master. This time we take a look at the best build for Marchioness ( help may be needed, I am still new to pvp and haven't actually gotten a max yet).

Name: Marchioness. Class:
Epics: Bladestorm 3, hold the line 2, repel boarders 3, veangence strike 2.
Talents: Tough 4 Rough 4 Spirited 4 Dodgy 2 Armored 2 Resistant 2 Accurate 3 and Spooky 3.

If you have any questions or ( most likely) want to point out any mistakes I made, plz just post them bellow.
Here's another big rule for companions: if it can get relentless, giving it relentless 2 is almost always correct. Therefore there are two valid builds for March, depending on preference:
  • Repel Boarders 1 (default), Vengeance Strike 2, Bladestorm 2, Relentless 2
  • Repel Boarders 3, Bladestorm 2, Relentless 2

Hold the Line is an epic for tank companions (the ones you'll actually see in PvP are Barnabus and Ratbeard, generally). March is not a particularly tanky unit. Since she's will based, and most other melee units are swashes or bucks, she'll have a very easy time chaining on other melee units. As such, she needs to be set up fairly offensively.

Also, I think you gave her way too many talents and epics. As per my advice on your previous post, she should get Tough 4, Rough 4, Accurate 4, Spirited 4, and Dodgy 1. Spooky is quite literally useless on March, as none of her powers use spell power.

I would advise you check out these guides to get a grasp of the PvP basics, especially since you haven't had an opportunity to play at max level.
https://finalbastion.com/p101-pvp-guides/p101-beginner-pvp-guides/pirate101-beginner-pvp-guide-part-1/
https://finalbastion.com/p101-pvp-guides/p101-beginner-pvp-guides/pirate101-beginner-pvp-guide-part-2/

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP