Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So I Will Be Doing A Challenge

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I won't say when as it might skew the results, but I keep hearing how Pirate 101 ranked PVP takes forever to give you a match once you enter the queue. I have decided to test this out, during 1 of my next Twitch livestreams I will be queuing up 1 of my 2 max level pirates (or both of them) for ranked PVP for a 2 hour period and I want to see how matches I get and how much time I spend waiting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
I won't say when as it might skew the results, but I keep hearing how Pirate 101 ranked PVP takes forever to give you a match once you enter the queue. I have decided to test this out, during 1 of my next Twitch livestreams I will be queuing up 1 of my 2 max level pirates (or both of them) for ranked PVP for a 2 hour period and I want to see how matches I get and how much time I spend waiting.
Will it skew your datum if we ( who read this post ) decide to enter the queue to fight you?

P.S. : I hope you're planning to do some heavy editing for this, because just sitting around doing nothing for even half an hour will be very boring. And I suppose you won't be recording any matches you might get?

Community Leader
It's reasonably easy to get a match at low ranks, assuming you don't queue at ridiculous hours. The problem is the difficulty of getting matches at the high ranks (and the fact that the barrier for "high" rank in regards to getting matches is decreasing slowly but steadily)

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
Will it skew your datum if we ( who read this post ) decide to enter the queue to fight you?

P.S. : I hope you're planning to do some heavy editing for this, because just sitting around doing nothing for even half an hour will be very boring. And I suppose you won't be recording any matches you might get?
I live recorded the entire challenge as part as of my Twitch series "Keeping It Real With RZ". Here is a summary of what happened: For 2 hours and 30 minutes Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg my Level 70 Musketeer attempted to get as many ranked PVP matches as she possibly could. The first match I got I accepted, but the other pirate did not accept. I believe the pirate was either AFK or was a booster, if this pirate was a booster I find it interesting that is who I got paired up with first. It took about 6 minutes to find that match that didn't happen. I then waited for 30 minutes and 44 seconds with no matches and then I got matched with a Privateer, A Roar A won that match. She only had to wait 2 minutes and then got matched with a Witchdoctor, Petty Rachel. And a big shout out to Petty Rachel for adding me as a friend and for winning the match. I then waited 1 hour and 5 minutes with no matches and the challenge ended.

1 thing to note is Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A' Clegg went into this as a contender having 0 prior matches this season. I think Ranked PVP may have far less players than Matthew has thought. This challenge took place between 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM Central on a Saturday. During the time I didn't have matches I played a marble racing game with my viewers that I simultaneously stream at the same time as Pirate 101. I plan on attemtping this challenge 2 more times within in the next 3 weeks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
I live recorded the entire challenge as part as of my Twitch series "Keeping It Real With RZ". Here is a summary of what happened: For 2 hours and 30 minutes Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg my Level 70 Musketeer attempted to get as many ranked PVP matches as she possibly could. The first match I got I accepted, but the other pirate did not accept. I believe the pirate was either AFK or was a booster, if this pirate was a booster I find it interesting that is who I got paired up with first. It took about 6 minutes to find that match that didn't happen. I then waited for 30 minutes and 44 seconds with no matches and then I got matched with a Privateer, A Roar A won that match. She only had to wait 2 minutes and then got matched with a Witchdoctor, Petty Rachel. And a big shout out to Petty Rachel for adding me as a friend and for winning the match. I then waited 1 hour and 5 minutes with no matches and the challenge ended.

1 thing to note is Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A' Clegg went into this as a contender having 0 prior matches this season. I think Ranked PVP may have far less players than Matthew has thought. This challenge took place between 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM Central on a Saturday. During the time I didn't have matches I played a marble racing game with my viewers that I simultaneously stream at the same time as Pirate 101. I plan on attemtping this challenge 2 more times within in the next 3 weeks.
Well, you're safe from me for now, I don't have enough crowns for a single fight, let alone a 24 hr. pass.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2019 wrote:
Well, you're safe from me for now, I don't have enough crowns for a single fight, let alone a 24 hr. pass.
You can do PvP for free, IF you have a Membership.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
My solution for fixing ranked PvP so that matches are way faster and easier to get is to simply make ranked PvP free. Tons of max level pirates without membership who have nothing left to do in the game until a new release comes out (which is like never), if they were allowed to play ranked PvP for free while they wait to get their next sub there would be a ton of matches.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jul 24, 2019 wrote:
You can do PvP for free, IF you have a Membership.
I know that Ranked is free to members, but I don't choose to have a membership.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jul 25, 2019 wrote:
My solution for fixing ranked PvP so that matches are way faster and easier to get is to simply make ranked PvP free. Tons of max level pirates without membership who have nothing left to do in the game until a new release comes out (which is like never), if they were allowed to play ranked PvP for free while they wait to get their next sub there would be a ton of matches.
Of course, making it free would increase the number of competitors, but what would be the benefit to KingsIsle?
Memberships and crowns purchases is what fuels the game's maintainence and development.