Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

we need a cross-over between wizard and pirate

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
its been sometime since release of valencia part two

for kingsisle sake i am worried. Recently Kingsisle once again angered the fans by focusing on their mobile games. Ever clicker got an update to steam- while pirate is still lagging months behind.

SO what can be done to release some high quality content quickly to gain interest back? We need a wizard101 crossover.

--> currently we know that in wizard Raven is being difficult, we will need a reason to draw her back to the spiral.

With kane being 'dead' and our pirate not knowing anything else, it would be good for avery.

Avery would call us for a side world that would last approximately 20-30 hours.

We would need to go into the wizard world through bartleby and plead to ambrose why we could help for loot. Ambrose would tell us to start a war amongst the spirits that would force Raven to interfere (since supposedly she is the oldest one)

- our pirate would travel to wizard101s world of avalon and use the mirror dimension to go back in time to the original fight of the dragons vs titans, vs giants.

There he would anger the spirits and get them to travel (a few) back into the real dimension and force them to have war. This angers raven and forces her to return to spiral while the wizard revives malori and comes up with a plan.

We the pirates team up with giants, titans, and dragons to fight raven on top of bartleby. We keep fighting until the wizard figures out how to calm raven.

in other words it opens a campaign where the players must as a whole fight against raven. This allows kingisle to stall and make it work with a new world, without people getting bored.

throw in some weapons and spells from wizard to our pirates and your set.

Privy would learn- Regeneration, rebirth
Swashbuckler- curse and faint aura
musketeer- how to make electric stunning bombs, and lightning rod
buccaneer: Frozen armor, tower ward
witch doctor- group bane [aoe power up], ailment hands

we in pirate would learn to craft some wands that are basic. These would give us cards from the wizard world.

Privy: on strike may weapon cast frost beetle [would slow by 25%]-
swash; may cat lost spirit; [makes us untargetable even by aoes]
musket; may cast myth bats [removes armor by 10% for 3 turns]
wich; may cast dark sprite; [places a minus 40% next hit]
bucko; may cast storm snake; [makes it 100% impossible to dodge next hit or double next hit]

What do you guys think? worth the effort?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:

for kingsisle sake i am worried. Recently Kingsisle once again angered the fans by focusing on their mobile games. Ever clicker got an update to steam- while pirate is still lagging months behind.

SO what can be done to release some high quality content quickly to gain interest back? We need a wizard101 crossover.

--> currently we know that in wizard Raven is being difficult, we will need a reason to draw her back to the spiral.

With kane being 'dead' and our pirate not knowing anything else, it would be good for avery.

We would need to go into the wizard world through bartleby and plead to ambrose why we could help for loot. Ambrose would tell us to start a war amongst the spirits that would force Raven to interfere (since supposedly she is the oldest one)

- our pirate would travel to wizard101s world of avalon and use the mirror dimension to go back in time to the original fight of the dragons vs titans, vs giants.

There he would anger the spirits and get them to travel (a few) back into the real dimension and force them to have war. This angers raven and forces her to return to spiral while the wizard revives malori and comes up with a plan.

We the pirates team up with giants, titans, and dragons to fight raven on top of bartleby. We keep fighting until the wizard figures out how to calm raven.

in other words it opens a campaign where the players must as a whole fight against raven. This allows kingisle to stall and make it work with a new world, without people getting bored.

we in pirate would learn to craft some wands that are basic. These would give us cards from the wizard world.

bucko; may cast storm snake; [makes it 100% impossible to dodge next hit or double next hit]

Sorry, my opinion to this is a big fat "NO!". Why have KI expend time and resources on a cross-over, when they could equally expend the same effort and give us the Part 2 story? ( or crafting, fishing and gardening? )

I don't want to see wizard spells being introduced into this game; I don't think making P101 so similar to W101 would be good ( or appeal to the players ) for this game. Our emphasis is completely different from W101. Everything we do is linked to a physical setting, very little magic is involved ( and most of that is summoning or energy attacks, very different from wizard magic. )

However, a reference cross-over dungeon would be better ( just as W101 had a pirate cross-over in the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
While I give you credit for a great imagination, I have to say that trying to have pirates go to the Wizard101 worlds can't really happen as easily as you might think. Pirates would want to be able to sail between islands along skyways, like we are used to doing, not just travel around Wizard City or Avalon on mounts.

The best thing about the worlds that are in both games is how they are almost completely separate. We both have MooShu and Marleybone, but we operate in very different areas of those worlds. Wizards get a sorely limited Aquila and Darkmoor, of which we have the first, but not the second -- someday, pirates... someday.

We SHOULD have POLARIS. That's my opinion -- not a cross-over, not a visit to Wizard City.

Ensign
Mar 30, 2018
I was going to write a several hundred word reply, but I've decided to shorten it down; Wizard already had a crossover for Pirate, and in my opinion it didn't work that great. It would be easy enough to add all the things LukeSkywalker1313 suggested, but I don't think Pirate needs it. Sure, sure, it may bring attention from Wizard, but it may ruin the game for people who play Pirate to get away from the magic and mystics of Wizard. I don't think Pirate needs any quests revolving around Wizard City or dragons and titans. Pirate is special because it isn't Wizard, just like Wizard is special because it isn't Pirate. We don't need to keep crossing over things from each game to make it "better", because it just negatively impacts the game by taking away their uniqueness.

P.S. I think Pirate needs Polaris and maybe Darkmoor if it would fit into the story. Krokotopia may fit better into Pirate than Darkmoor, actually. Have one of the map pieces inside of a tomb that was trapped underground by a sinkhole.

P.P.S. If I don't seem to understand the side-story that Luke suggested, please forgive me. I'm not that knowledgeable in Wizard as I don't play it anymore, and the furthest I have ever got was Triton Avenue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Ironsides on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
I was going to write a several hundred word reply, but I've decided to shorten it down; Wizard already had a crossover for Pirate, and in my opinion it didn't work that great. It would be easy enough to add all the things LukeSkywalker1313 suggested, but I don't think Pirate needs it. Sure, sure, it may bring attention from Wizard, but it may ruin the game for people who play Pirate to get away from the magic and mystics of Wizard. I don't think Pirate needs any quests revolving around Wizard City or dragons and titans. Pirate is special because it isn't Wizard, just like Wizard is special because it isn't Pirate. We don't need to keep crossing over things from each game to make it "better", because it just negatively impacts the game by taking away their uniqueness.

P.S. I think Pirate needs Polaris and maybe Darkmoor if it would fit into the story. Krokotopia may fit better into Pirate than Darkmoor, actually. Have one of the map pieces inside of a tomb that was trapped underground by a sinkhole.

P.P.S. If I don't seem to understand the side-story that Luke suggested, please forgive me. I'm not that knowledgeable in Wizard as I don't play it anymore, and the furthest I have ever got was Triton Avenue.
Welcome to the message boards, The Ironsides! Don't worry about the W101 story: it doesn't impact our side of the Spiral.( only a few references to connect the game happening at almost the same time, still doesn't matter a bit to either game. )

Admiral
May 30, 2010
No we don't. We need Pirate101 to actually get some love from KI.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:

To Lukeskywalker1313: My apologies for all of the negative comments that contradict your creative ideas. I know how that can be, unfortunately.

However, I would have to agree with the majority on this one. Although I don't play Wizard101 and don't plan on doing so either, even if I did, I agree that KingsIsle should focus on more storyline updates for Pirate101 like Polaris and/or Krokotopia or whatever new World idea KingsIsle has. At this point, I personally don't want KingsIsle doing anything else with Wizard101 - they've already done so much for the lucky Wizards, and very few for us poor Pirates.

Also, Lukeskywalker1313, you may play Wizard101, but some people like myself do not. For some wizardly Pirates, it might be cool for them to see old references from a beloved game. But some piratical Pirates like myself that have never once set foot in Wizard City will never catch the references.

Also, like Willowydream explained, we are Pirates. We sail ships. (That should be on a T-shirt or something! ) I don't believe that Wizard101 has Pirates, or Ships. And that would make us and the Wizards quite confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~