Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Presidio Companions Need To Be More Unique

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I recently was thinking about The Presidio companions and I realized they seem to be lacking compared to other main Storyline companions. I think this should be solved by giving them each a special power their Crown Shop counterparts don't get, here is my ideas:

Mutiny! - Dead Mike - Summon Zombie (Old Scratch can summon a Skeleton so this seems obvious)

Shipwrecked! - Lucky Jack Russel - Rainbow Blessing (I think it would be cool for a companion to have this power and Lucky Jack Russel seems to be a good one to get it, after all he is supposed to be Lucky, and blessing the team could yield good luck)

Armada! - Gaspard de Vole - 360 degree attack that hits all squares (this seems obvious because it would play into Guinea Pig wheels)

Storm! - Milo Graytail - Storm Surround (this power would surround him with lightning clouds that do damage, with the lightning clouds having to be removed before he could be attacked)

Squid Attack! - Birgus Latro - Valor (I am not sure which Valor to give him but he has an armored body already so a Valor power of some sort would be fitting)

What does everyone think of these ideas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
I recently was thinking about The Presidio companions and I realized they seem to be lacking compared to other main Storyline companions. I think this should be solved by giving them each a special power their Crown Shop counterparts don't get, here is my ideas:

Mutiny! - Dead Mike - Summon Zombie (Old Scratch can summon a Skeleton so this seems obvious)

Shipwrecked! - Lucky Jack Russel - Rainbow Blessing (I think it would be cool for a companion to have this power and Lucky Jack Russel seems to be a good one to get it, after all he is supposed to be Lucky, and blessing the team could yield good luck)

Armada! - Gaspard de Vole - 360 degree attack that hits all squares (this seems obvious because it would play into Guinea Pig wheels)

Storm! - Milo Graytail - Storm Surround (this power would surround him with lightning clouds that do damage, with the lightning clouds having to be removed before he could be attacked)

Squid Attack! - Birgus Latro - Valor (I am not sure which Valor to give him but he has an armored body already so a Valor power of some sort would be fitting)

What does everyone think of these ideas?
I think our Presidio companions are already very powerful and don't need these "unique" powers.
1. Just because he's undead doesn't mean that Dead Mike can summon undead - Old Scratch does this because he's a witchdoctor.
2. That's a pet power, it isn't at all available as a grant from a pet. I would rather that Lucky Jack get a Privateer power.
3. "Attacks all squares" which means he'll be attacking everyone on the board ( that means your team ).
4. This doesn't reflect his class and how do you imagine that the storm cloud gets removed?I wouldn't mind if Milo got "llighting reflexes" just like the purple head from the Hydra fight.
5. I would prefer that Birgus gets his own version of a buccaneer class shield, than something that belongs to privateers.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
1. Yes -- maybe give him a couple of summons
2. PVP community would be raging. Maybe replace that for Fighting Fervor.
3. Yes
4. Not sure lightning fits...I like anecorbie's idea.
5. Give him a Triton's Song and a Mighty Charge.