Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Record for Finishing Cool Ranch?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2017
Hey Pirates,

So I just started up a new account 5 days ago and I think I may have gotten a record for finishing Cool Ranch. Playing for around 15 hours a day, from 9 AM to 12 AM (I know, we have no lives), a friend and I finished Cool Ranch in an astonishing 2 1/2 days. (The other 2 days were Skull Island, Monquista and Valencia). I did this with a fellow pirate I randomly met and befriended while questing in Skull Island and we intend to finish the entire game within 2 weeks. Did they shorten Cool Ranch or make it not as difficult? The reason for this post is because I've played Pirate101 on an old account before and Cool Ranch ended up taking me ~6 months to complete. In addition, looking on the forums, it seems people have a difficult time doing Cool Ranch and it ends up taking them a minimum of a month to finish. Are we just tryhard, no-life speedrunners? Or did they nerf Cool Ranch?

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Cool Ranch has been slightly nerfed, but I think the main source of your speed is the amount of play time. I’ve seen people beat the entire game in about 5 days, so it’s not too absurd to do cool ranch in 2.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ptrfamily123 on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
Hey Pirates,

So I just started up a new account 5 days ago and I think I may have gotten a record for finishing Cool Ranch. Playing for around 15 hours a day, from 9 AM to 12 AM (I know, we have no lives), a friend and I finished Cool Ranch in an astonishing 2 1/2 days. (The other 2 days were Skull Island, Monquista and Valencia). I did this with a fellow pirate I randomly met and befriended while questing in Skull Island and we intend to finish the entire game within 2 weeks. Did they shorten Cool Ranch or make it not as difficult? The reason for this post is because I've played Pirate101 on an old account before and Cool Ranch ended up taking me ~6 months to complete. In addition, looking on the forums, it seems people have a difficult time doing Cool Ranch and it ends up taking them a minimum of a month to finish. Are we just tryhard, no-life speedrunners? Or did they nerf Cool Ranch?

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123
Yes, they shortened many dungeons and reduced some quest requirements a couple years back. But you still went through pretty fast.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ptrfamily123 on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
Hey Pirates,

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123
one of the things shortened in Cool Ranch is the amount of time it used to take sailing around the largest world in this game. Did you take into account the sail time?

They did shorten Miranda by reducing the amount of fights in that dungeon, yet players still complain "it's too long".
Did you skip side quests and fast forward through the dialogue, you have to take that into account as well, you can hardly say you "finished" CR when there are a great number of side quests there.