Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Video ideas

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hi, if I were to make YouTube videos about P101, I would need to know what the community is interested in seeing, I greatly appreciate your input so please comment below what content you would want to see to help me out!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I would be curious to see if there are ways to use stacked furniture to reach different parts of houses on Pirate. There is a lot of that on Wizard, and there are parts of my pirate houses that I'd like to get to, which are not accessible now . It would be nice to know if it is possible and has been done by anyone. If yes, then a stacking tutorial would be useful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
Hi, if I were to make YouTube videos about P101, I would need to know what the community is interested in seeing, I greatly appreciate your input so please comment below what content you would want to see to help me out!
It would be great if you could show how Advanced Companions can help a pirate with Nautical Experience, get gold, gear or pets/gear/snacks - in fact, an Advanced Companions mini-tutorial!
As far as I know, no one has covered this aspect of Pirate101 game play.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hi there, Darius! Well, I'm also thinking of making YouTube videos as well, and the beginning of the series (called Adventures With Aurora!) is my Side Quests in MooShu that I didn't complete yet, because MooShu is now my favorite World.

But what would I like to see? Hmm...

I'd like to see role-plays that you can do with different characters! As in, one of my videos (By the Name of Parker) is a role-play featuring Romantic Ariel, a Privateer. If you could star different people (such as myself) for role-plays, that would be what I'd like to see!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Finch, your housing idea seems interesting and I would like to do that, I just don't know what item to use so if you could tell me what to use that would be great

Anecorbie: I suppose I could make a couple of videos on aspects of the game where players are left in the dark

Aurora: Adventures with Aurora sounds like something I would watch, but just so you know I'm anti-role play, none of that on my channel sorry

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Finch, your housing idea seems interesting and I would like to do that, I just don't know what item to use so if you could tell me what to use that would be great

Anecorbie: I suppose I could make a couple of videos on aspects of the game where players are left in the dark

Aurora: Adventures with Aurora sounds like something I would watch, but just so you know I'm anti-role play, none of that on my channel sorry

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
It's a different kind of role-play than maybe what you're thinking, but don't worry - some people are role-players, some are not.

Let me suggest something else:

How about showing how to earn Crowns or you could do something that I'm doing: You could do the rug glitch and show how to get to lost islands in Houses with the rug glitch! The only videos about the rug glitch just show them up in the air, not getting to another island or even a mountain in the distance of my Commodore's Garrison that I wish I did a video of (but I did take screenshots). Something creative and fun is definitely right up my alley - and it doesn't have to be role-playing!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
That's my problem too; I don't know what items might be used in building bridges and towers here. I haven't experimented much though, or sought the items that work on Wiz. Boxes, rugs, and little flat things, like envelopes tend to work in Wiz. I wasn't sure if KI unbugged those items here, so it wouldn't work. One possible thing to try; get the low square MS table and a little tatami mat. Put the tatami on the table. Put something else on the table, but not on the tatami. Use the tatami to move or turn the table. You might leave the other object floating in the air. Or maybe it needed to be on the tatami, and you slide or turn the table out from under it. At least on WIz, that works. I discovered it there by accident, haven't tested it in Pirate. If I was expert at this stuff, I wouldn't need the tutorial. Are there any experts on this that can fill us in and maybe have Darius visit a buggy pirate house for a demo?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, it's not much of a gameplay related request, per se, but, why not have more P101 music remixes, like those re-orchestrations people do with their purchased DAWs at home nowadays, or multi-chiptune mixes(that, surprisingly, nobody has done yet), for instance?

I mean, from my perspective, there's hardly any P101 and/or W101 music remixes based on favorite themes in the game, and, frankly, not even specific cutscene themes, too.

I have no idea what collections of VSTis KI got in their library(seriously, they must have a collection we don't know yet. do people even ask?), other than knowing they use Pro Tools(I think, from Nelson Everhart's words) for their music compositions(though, that could also be easily done on Logic Pro X or Ableton Live. just saying.), but I could presume many are familiar ones people use once purchased.

Well, with DAW advancements lately, it's been getting easier to do compositions, both original, and remakes of many people's favorites, so, why shouldn't many of us in the W101 & P101 community do the same? There's many themes we could re-orchestrate & new ones that we would create for the community & KI to hear.

Examples given, what would it be like if we had boss themes for each world in P101 & W101, both unique to specific bosses & shared themes for many bosses? What would it be like if each Puppet Show in P101 had original music played instead of using past re-used themes from past worlds? How would the ambiance be given should we have new cutscene themes played in specific moments in W101 & P101?

My point is, some people in the P101/W101 community should do more music creations.

If you know any musical maestros in the P101/W101 community, let them know about doing musical requests, or, we could be our own, that is, if some already own a DAW & some VSTis in their collections & publish to YouTube to hear.

That's my thought on what YouTube videos you could make. What do you think?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
That's good to hear! All I do on youtube is watch PBGameplay's minecraft/terraria hardcore the "Bootleg Jacques" scene over and over again. I need to branch out to other videos :P so I am glad to hear that! I will also start making videos, but stuff like "Top 10 best companions in pirate101" "Top 10 worst companions in pirate101" so yeah.

And I would request maybe promotion videos cause a lot of them are laggy/outdated.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Pvp is always a hot topic for advice, so if you have any experience in any aspect related tp it that would probably draw a fair amount of attention. How-to's for things such as nautical or farming are also appreciated by the community.

Personally, I would do "deck builds" for the classes, like how to make a powerhouse. Forexample, "Level five WD, learn ______, ______, or _____ for starters. That'll help build your ____ ____ or ____ playstyle"
But that's just what I would do.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So for the people who wish to see me glitch out the houses, I will definitely take some time to try use obstacles to create bridges etc. and I will try use the suggestions found here

Trimond, your suggestion is very interesting and believe it or not I have tried it before but that was an unsuccessful venture of mine. Although I may be able to make 8-Bit remixes of some the tunes that's really all.
I do agree that there is not enough musical content but I did find a YouTuber called Growling Panda and there they have quite a few Wizard101 music remixes and they have one Pirate101 music and they are of high quality too so I suggest you check them out, oh and harass them to make more Pirate101 remixes.

Lastly Noah, I am striving for a shooty staffy combo on my witchdoctor that would make me for an interesting video so a bit of PvP would definitely be on my channel.

Keep the suggestions coming guys they are all really great

In around a weeks time I should be ready to make videos and I will post a new topic so that you guys will know and I appreciate the support I already have from the Pirate101 community

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Trimond297 on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Well, it's not much of a gameplay related request, per se, but, why not have more P101 music remixes, like those re-orchestrations people do with their purchased DAWs at home nowadays, or multi-chiptune mixes(that, surprisingly, nobody has done yet), for instance?

I mean, from my perspective, there's hardly any P101 and/or W101 music remixes based on favorite themes in the game, and, frankly, not even specific cutscene themes, too.

I have no idea what collections of VSTis KI got in their library(seriously, they must have a collection we don't know yet. do people even ask?), other than knowing they use Pro Tools(I think, from Nelson Everhart's words) for their music compositions(though, that could also be easily done on Logic Pro X or Ableton Live. just saying.), but I could presume many are familiar ones people use once purchased.

Well, with DAW advancements lately, it's been getting easier to do compositions, both original, and remakes of many people's favorites, so, why shouldn't many of us in the W101 & P101 community do the same? There's many themes we could re-orchestrate & new ones that we would create for the community & KI to hear.

Examples given, what would it be like if we had boss themes for each world in P101 & W101, both unique to specific bosses & shared themes for many bosses? What would it be like if each Puppet Show in P101 had original music played instead of using past re-used themes from past worlds? How would the ambiance be given should we have new cutscene themes played in specific moments in W101 & P101?

My point is, some people in the P101/W101 community should do more music creations.

If you know any musical maestros in the P101/W101 community, let them know about doing musical requests, or, we could be our own, that is, if some already own a DAW & some VSTis in their collections & publish to YouTube to hear.

That's my thought on what YouTube videos you could make. What do you think?
That's great, Trimond297!

Yes! In fact, I actually did see a YouTube video on a remix of the Cool Ranch Main Theme (source: GrowlingPanda), which was really good!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 3, 2017 wrote:
So for the people who wish to see me glitch out the houses, I will definitely take some time to try use obstacles to create bridges etc. and I will try use the suggestions found here

Trimond, your suggestion is very interesting and believe it or not I have tried it before but that was an unsuccessful venture of mine. Although I may be able to make 8-Bit remixes of some the tunes that's really all.
I do agree that there is not enough musical content but I did find a YouTuber called Growling Panda and there they have quite a few Wizard101 music remixes and they have one Pirate101 music and they are of high quality too so I suggest you check them out, oh and harass them to make more Pirate101 remixes.

Lastly Noah, I am striving for a shooty staffy combo on my witchdoctor that would make me for an interesting video so a bit of PvP would definitely be on my channel.

Keep the suggestions coming guys they are all really great

In around a weeks time I should be ready to make videos and I will post a new topic so that you guys will know and I appreciate the support I already have from the Pirate101 community
Thanks!

Oh. When did that unsuccessful venture took place? Was it years ago or months? Even so, I know you can always try again and improve on your skills. I have confidence in you.

Just know one thing, if you opting for 8-bit chiptune renditions, I'd recommend using virtual expansion chips to add more channels for more music creation freedom. I don't mind 8-bit chiptunes, but using only the sole sound chip severely limits sound channel usage. Going with one or even more expansion sound chips provides countless potential techniques & impressive combinations in 8-bit music, & even sound creation, with strong balancing in mind.

Just a different matter, but, you think KI could do a blog post about creating music, what VSTis they have in their library & what DAW they mainly use to create music? I've had this in my mind for so long, I keep forgetting to ask KI about that. This could be for those interested in knowing how to do music compositions. I could ask them that, though, I'll do it some other time.

Now, to those interested in doing it(this list of questions goes to everyone, BTW), I'll ask you these questions...

1.) If you purchased 1 DAW or more on which system, which do you mostly use, & why is that so?
2.) If you purchased VSTis in your library, be it one set or more, what are they that you use in your DAWs?
3.) What is needed to have all the VSTis in anyone's library play smoothly without complications in any DAW, that is to say, what strong CPU to have, how much RAM is really needed to meet all their needs at once, & what techniques are best used to greatly reduce the CPU & RAM usage for smooth VSTi playback results?

Other than that, thanks in taking notice of my suggestion!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
Thanks!

Oh. When did that unsuccessful venture took place? Was it years ago or months? Even so, I know you can always try again and improve on your skills. I have confidence in you.

Just know one thing, if you opting for 8-bit chiptune renditions, I'd recommend using virtual expansion chips to add more channels for more music creation freedom. I don't mind 8-bit chiptunes, but using only the sole sound chip severely limits sound channel usage. Going with one or even more expansion sound chips provides countless potential techniques & impressive combinations in 8-bit music, & even sound creation, with strong balancing in mind.

Just a different matter, but, you think KI could do a blog post about creating music, what VSTis they have in their library & what DAW they mainly use to create music? I've had this in my mind for so long, I keep forgetting to ask KI about that. This could be for those interested in knowing how to do music compositions. I could ask them that, though, I'll do it some other time.

Now, to those interested in doing it(this list of questions goes to everyone, BTW), I'll ask you these questions...

1.) If you purchased 1 DAW or more on which system, which do you mostly use, & why is that so?
2.) If you purchased VSTis in your library, be it one set or more, what are they that you use in your DAWs?
3.) What is needed to have all the VSTis in anyone's library play smoothly without complications in any DAW, that is to say, what strong CPU to have, how much RAM is really needed to meet all their needs at once, & what techniques are best used to greatly reduce the CPU & RAM usage for smooth VSTi playback results?

Other than that, thanks in taking notice of my suggestion!
That's a lot of information, I'm not really an expert. I just tried to use audacity to mix different sounds together and it sounded awful

I did find a program which can convert songs to 8-Bit but it only works with basic tunes with little going on so I only managed to convert the cool ranch salon theme to 8-Bit

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
That's a lot of information, I'm not really an expert. I just tried to use audacity to mix different sounds together and it sounded awful

I did find a program which can convert songs to 8-Bit but it only works with basic tunes with little going on so I only managed to convert the cool ranch salon theme to 8-Bit
Well, don't worry. Practice makes perfect. I'm sure you'll get better at that soon.

That's neat. We'd like to hear that sometime soon.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
Well, don't worry. Practice makes perfect. I'm sure you'll get better at that soon.

That's neat. We'd like to hear that sometime soon.
If you want to hear it I'll post about how to find my channel when I'm ready to do that, it's a shame you cannot send links on here.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
You know what I would love, funny remixes (kinda like YTP's). A channel called Alphastaire recently made some amusing remixes of lines from Valencia part two. I suggest you guys should take peek at them

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Amber hawksong on Jul 10, 2017 wrote:
You know what I would love, funny remixes (kinda like YTP's). A channel called Alphastaire recently made some amusing remixes of lines from Valencia part two. I suggest you guys should take peek at them
I did take a look at some of his videos, they just seem weird to me and I don't find them funny but that's just me.