Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bed Rest Timer Experiment

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream has recently posted a suggestion that the bed rest timers may have been reduced. She posted to ask this of KI, yet hasn't received an answer. I propose that we ( max level ) Marauders help Willowy with an experiment:
1. Choose a tough instance that is known to defeat companions. (Trigante Cellars, Quarry Cave, etc. )
2. Choose max level companions One should have at least 1 rank in "scrapper" ( if you have one.) or those that most players regard as useless. ( Easily defeated. )
3. Post here with the times needed to get to full health.
4. Just stand there and do NOTHING during the battle; the purpose is to be defeated.
I'll be using Nurse Quinn, Weasel Gambler & Sarah Steele ( One rank of Scrapper. ) & I'll be fighting those fish in Valencia 2 skies.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm convinced it's true the timers were reduced, and One-Eyed Jack said he would ask Ratbeard, but I never gave Scrapper to any of my companions. If they go down, they stay on whatever task I give them and someone else steps up.

This is the beauty of a randomized crew.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
After letting the Stiletto Fish defeat me & crew; here are my results:
Sarah Steele ( was defeated first & has 1 rank in scrapper ) 6 hrs. 2 min.
Nurse Quinn ( who nearly defeated 1 fish using only her talents! ) 8 hrs. 4 mins.
Growlin' Clyde Nelson ( weasel gambler, no scrapper ) 8 hrs. 3 min.
As I recall from Aquila, level 65 companions without the scrapper talent had 8 and a half hours to heal. I don't know if this is conclusive but more datum is needed.
Post Edit: So I see that a max level ( 70 ) companion without scrapper is at the 8 hrs. 5 min. mark.

Ensign
Sep 11, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
After letting the Stiletto Fish defeat me & crew; here are my results:
Sarah Steele ( was defeated first & has 1 rank in scrapper ) 6 hrs. 2 min.
Nurse Quinn ( who nearly defeated 1 fish using only her talents! ) 8 hrs. 4 mins.
Growlin' Clyde Nelson ( weasel gambler, no scrapper ) 8 hrs. 3 min.
As I recall from Aquila, level 65 companions without the scrapper talent had 8 and a half hours to heal. I don't know if this is conclusive but more datum is needed.
Post Edit: So I see that a max level ( 70 ) companion without scrapper is at the 8 hrs. 5 min. mark.
Just asking as now is the first time my crew has been reduced to bed rest. Did the timer decrease? I never got to see the timer before now and to me its still long ( 7-8 hr) was the timer longer before? Thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
David Firehammer on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Just asking as now is the first time my crew has been reduced to bed rest. Did the timer decrease? I never got to see the timer before now and to me its still long ( 7-8 hr) was the timer longer before? Thanks.
What level are your companions? It sounds as if they may be level 65. I only noticed a slight decrease in bed rest time.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
David Firehammer on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Yes - the timers used to go as long as 10+ hours.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I'd really like a technical explanation from our friendly neighborhood rat!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
So would we all - we've been waiting for an explanation or confirmation for at least 4 months. Ever since Willowydream first posed the question and One Eyed Jack said he would ask and get back to us.......

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Dead Eye Luke on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
ratbeard! hello? *waves arms* one eyed jack possibly?

I may not be max level, but can I still do this experiment? I would be glad to do it. I have a couple useless companions.

Administrator
Nothing with Bed Rest Timers was intentionally changed. It sounds like a bug that will need further investigation. I am happy that it's in your favor though.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
Nothing with Bed Rest Timers was intentionally changed. It sounds like a bug that will need further investigation. I am happy that it's in your favor though.
Could this "bug" be made permanent?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
Interesting... Thanks for investigating. It just goes to show that when coding something this complex, unintended bugs are always a possibility.