Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Starting a privy

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 28, 2016
Hey guys, any tips on starting a privy?
I already have Lucky Jack Russel and have clothing with health, armor, will and strength.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Privateer is a pretty awesome class of pirate. You should have no trouble buffing and healing your crew when they need it.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Privateers basically let their companions do most of the fighting. Don't use your Privateer as a melee fighter unless you have to.

Keep your companions out of the red zone. Buff them up to prevent damage to them and give them a better attack. I personally like using my training points to get Witchdoctor talents to do more ranged attacks. Some of those have infinite range.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2014
Max DeGroot on May 31, 2017 wrote:
Privateers basically let their companions do most of the fighting. Don't use your Privateer as a melee fighter unless you have to.

Keep your companions out of the red zone. Buff them up to prevent damage to them and give them a better attack. I personally like using my training points to get Witchdoctor talents to do more ranged attacks. Some of those have infinite range.
I play spend my training points so i dont have any attacks unless they are needed for another ability i need like i need mighty charge to get Triton's song. The only attacks i really use are the bombs i get from gear or class trainer

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Privateers have the luxury of getting the most out of both companions and other players through buffing and healing. It's the best class if you a "helper" in personality.

*crawling with one arm missing, one leg missing, an eye gone....* Wait!! I must heal everybody else!!!!!! I'm fine!!!!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey