Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Transferring pack companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
We all know how difficult it is to get a pack companion in the first place, but to finally get one and have it be the wrong class for your pirate is pretty devastating.

It would be great if we could transfer these to the correct pirate that could actually make use of the companion. Not saying all companions should be transferable, as that would certainly create issues, but I see no reason why pack companions can not be transferred (at the appropriate level of course).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There really is no "wrong class for your pirate" -- all crews need all classes to be well-rounded.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on May 29, 2017 wrote:
There really is no "wrong class for your pirate" -- all crews need all classes to be well-rounded.

So true! I wouldn't trade my Itzan Kaan ( Tribal Pack ) for any thing. And my Witchdoctor is very happy to have recruited Kawil Doomclaw .

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
While I agree there is no wrong pirate for any companion, it is rather disappointing that one has to assign a pack to a pirate first, before finding out what is in the pack. Wish there were a way to reveal a pack after purchase, before assigning it to a pirate.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Perhaps they could add an option where once we got a companion from a pack, we'd have a limited-time crowns option to purchase that companion for another pirate on the account, that could appear in the Gift Box window?

I'd buy.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
This sort of option could come out of the blender in so many different shapes. First, it can be abused so a pirate would have the original companions the wouldn't normally have (Ex: a witchdoctor owning the original Barnabus, not the crown shop one.)

Secondly, people would be able to pile their "useless" companions onto one char and keep their "perfect" ones on their best char. This also supports that this system may be abused.

Lastly, I do agree on the limited time only button, but what if people don't see it in time? What if they can't afford crowns and made up those crowns on the trivia and it takes a while to get more. And finally, what would the price be?

I'm really hanging onto the fence for my dear life on this one. But not to get on anyone's bad side, I'm staying on this fence of mine (I mean seriously, it has free donuts!) and I'll just name the consequences for it.

Hardy Portia Zest- level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hardy Portia Zest on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
This sort of option could come out of the blender in so many different shapes. First, it can be abused so a pirate would have the original companions the wouldn't normally have (Ex: a witchdoctor owning the original Barnabus, not the crown shop one.)

Secondly, people would be able to pile their "useless" companions onto one char and keep their "perfect" ones on their best char. This also supports that this system may be abused.

Lastly, I do agree on the limited time only button, but what if people don't see it in time? What if they can't afford crowns and made up those crowns on the trivia and it takes a while to get more. And finally, what would the price be?

I'm really hanging onto the fence for my dear life on this one. But not to get on anyone's bad side, I'm staying on this fence of mine (I mean seriously, it has free donuts!) and I'll just name the consequences for it.

Hardy Portia Zest- level 70
I don't think you quite understood the post - the companions in question are the Pack companions, not the normal companions you recruit through questing or buy from the crown shop.
Basically, the poster wants to be able to assign a pack companion like a bundle companion.
I believe there is a very good technological reason that we can't assign pack companions to another character.
Toss me a donut while you're sitting there.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 6, 2017 wrote:
I don't think you quite understood the post - the companions in question are the Pack companions, not the normal companions you recruit through questing or buy from the crown shop.
Basically, the poster wants to be able to assign a pack companion like a bundle companion.
I believe there is a very good technological reason that we can't assign pack companions to another character.
Toss me a donut while you're sitting there.
Wait, wait...how does a pack companion differ from a bundle companion?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
A pack's items are received directly into the pirate's backpack space. Bundle items are received into the ACCOUNT's gift window, allowing the choice for which pirate redeems which part of the bundle. Therefore, a pack companion is received by the individual pirate, while a bundle companion can be assigned to the preferred pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
When you purchase a bundle, the companion from it can be assigned to any of your pirates. In fact, any of the items from a bundle can be assigned on different pirates.
Pack companions are stuck on the pirate that buys that pack.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 7, 2017 wrote:
When you purchase a bundle, the companion from it can be assigned to any of your pirates. In fact, any of the items from a bundle can be assigned on different pirates.
Pack companions are stuck on the pirate that buys that pack.
So, the solution would be, don't buy packs, buy bundles.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
That would be a good solution, unless you wanted a Bear companion...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
Except that, on a whole, packs are cheaper than bundles.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
Except that, on a whole, packs are cheaper than bundles.
They also have fewer cards. Maybe make smaller, cheaper bundles?