Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers... will and mojo is messed up

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
It would be nice to be able to cast heals as high as my healing cards state they heal and to do damage as high as my cards state they do against those without magic resists and without hitting critical. I've noticed that when I increase my will and my mojo that my heals and my damage both go down. Sure the cards read higher, but the casts go the opposite way entirely. I am convinced that instead of boosting heals and damage that mojo and will both decrease them by the percentages that they should have been boosted. It is sad that my other characters can cast the same healing card as my privateer and with worse will and mojo stats and be able to heal way higher with them. It is also sad that as my stats improve my damage drops substantially. Why can't privateers heal as high as their healing cards state?

Community Leader
In pirate, there exists a concept known as high and low rolls. Every attack and heal, in addition to being able to critical, has high, normal, and low rolls. For example, let's say a heal's base value on a certain pirate is 500. It won't always heal for 500 exactly. It could high roll (not critical, these are separate things), healing for closer to 600 health. It also could low roll, healing under 400 health. The value on heal and attacks is what it should average out to if one was to complete a very large number of trials. So with that said, you're just getting unlucky with low rolls when your stats are buffed. It's annoying, but that's rng for you. Secondly, do you have spooky 2 trained from madame vadima? You may be seeing other people healing more than you because you lack the 15% spell power increase that spooky 2 offers.

On a side note, I personally don't like the concept of high and low rolls on heals. I feel like it adds an unnecessary aspect of rng into the game. It's ok with attacks, but I think heals should be guarantees.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
spittingsea on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to cast heals as high as my healing cards state they heal and to do damage as high as my cards state they do against those without magic resists and without hitting critical. I've noticed that when I increase my will and my mojo that my heals and my damage both go down. Sure the cards read higher, but the casts go the opposite way entirely. I am convinced that instead of boosting heals and damage that mojo and will both decrease them by the percentages that they should have been boosted. It is sad that my other characters can cast the same healing card as my privateer and with worse will and mojo stats and be able to heal way higher with them. It is also sad that as my stats improve my damage drops substantially. Why can't privateers heal as high as their healing cards state?
I totally agree with you, Spittingsea! I don't think you should be able to cast Heals lower than the Healing Cards state! That's sort of lying, to be honest. I think KingsIsle should either make the Heals as high as the Cards state, or bring down the stats on the Cards to match it up with the real damage it can do. As for me, I don't pay too much attention to what the Talent Cards say they do, but I can understand.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer