Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What are your companions' theme songs?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
To go along with Sam I Am's great 'What is your pirate's theme song?'thread, I thought it may be fun for players to also post which theme songs they would give to their trusty, mega, epic, and super funny companions. I'll start it out with some theme songs for a few of my comrades in arrrrms.

Bonnie Anne- Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix
Old Scratch- Hoodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix
Kobe Yojimbo- Turning Japanese by The Vapors
Hawkules- Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
S.M. Arson- Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
Monkey King- Shock the Monkey by Peter Gabriel
Ratbeard- Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (yeah, I can totally see Ratty singing this one!)

Well that's just a few of mine and yes they are a bit more 'seasoned' choices. So what theme songs would you give to some of your companions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
To go along with Sam I Am's great 'What is your pirate's theme song?'thread, I thought it may be fun for players to also post which theme songs they would give to their trusty, mega, epic, and super funny companions. I'll start it out with some theme songs for a few of my comrades in arrrrms.

Bonnie Anne- Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix
Old Scratch- Hoodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix
Kobe Yojimbo- Turning Japanese by The Vapors
Hawkules- Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
S.M. Arson- Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
Monkey King- Shock the Monkey by Peter Gabriel
Ratbeard- Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (yeah, I can totally see Ratty singing this one!)

Well that's just a few of mine and yes they are a bit more 'seasoned' choices. So what theme songs would you give to some of your companions?
I chose Why Paddy's not at Work Today - traditional Irish song for all my suffering companions.
Teen Age Mutant Kung Fu Chickens by Ray Stevens for Nurse Quinn, Jake Dawson & Rooster Cogburn, ( that they may be inspired by these heroic pullets and copy them. )
The Unicorn Song by The Irish Rovers for Contessa Argento, Ridolfo Capoferro, & Iago
Yeah, I'm going for the cheap laughs with these.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
I chose Why Paddy's not at Work Today - traditional Irish song for all my suffering companions.
Teen Age Mutant Kung Fu Chickens by Ray Stevens for Nurse Quinn, Jake Dawson & Rooster Cogburn, ( that they may be inspired by these heroic pullets and copy them. )
The Unicorn Song by The Irish Rovers for Contessa Argento, Ridolfo Capoferro, & Iago
Yeah, I'm going for the cheap laughs with these.
My oh my, Esperanza...those laughs sure were cheap! Perfect choices!! Though I did have to look some of them up. But still, I got quite a chuckle out of them and they are rather fitting! That Nurse Quinn one....

Here's another one (well, actually a couple):

El Toro has quite a few theme songs:

Whip It by Devo
Let it Whip by Dazz Band
Watch Me (Whip) by Silento
Every Rose Has it's Thorn by Poison
Carolina Rose by Gloriana (brings a tear to Sally every time!)
Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
When I See You Smile by Bad English

Yeah, El Toro can't just have one theme song...he's just way too Epic! (or just plain arrogant)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Er, I'm not very good with 20th-21rst Century Pop music (my head joyfully bouncing with songs mostly created before 1750) but I have one!

Gracie Conrad: "She Blinded me with Science!"

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Hmm, im a privateer, and i have a few companions that are so funny.

For My Character Itself, I would Say One Piece Opening #19 We CAN, Because the English Translation Shows Deep Determination for The Straw Hats Goal: To Find The One Place, where Gold D. Roger Hid MILLIONS of Beli, which 1 beli, would proably equal 1 dollar in american cash. Ill show the Cutscene here.

"Wealth, Fame, Power... Gold Roger, The King Of The Pirates, Obtained This, And
Everything Else The World Had To Offer.

And His Dying Words Drove Countless Souls To The Sea.

'You Want My Treasure? You can have it! I left Everything i Gathered in ONE PLACE.
Now All you Have to do is Find it.'

These Words Lured Men To The Grand Line, In Pursuit Of Dreams Greater Than They've Dared To Imagine. This Is the Time Known as "The Great Pirate Era"

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Suboodi-underleveled subodi...

attack the strong monsters and die...

END

(Man, that sucks.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
Er, I'm not very good with 20th-21rst Century Pop music (my head joyfully bouncing with songs mostly created before 1750) but I have one!

Gracie Conrad: "She Blinded me with Science!"
Anne, any song that joyfully bounces the head, is a good song...regardless of the era in which it was crafted. My music interests are just like my thought process....all over the place and hard to make sense of!

And feel free to list some of those head bouncing, pre-1750 songs! I always embrace looking up and discovering "new" sources of enjoyment. I'm not too picky. Like you...if my head starts bouncing or my shoulders start pouncing(?), my foot starts tapping or my gums start flapping, my legs start wiggling or my brain starts giggling-- I'm all aboard a song, no matter whence in time it comes from.

And great choice for Gracie...love that song!

Ensign
May 10, 2009
For Peter the Pelican, I'd say..

Ohhhh critical critical critical hit yo ho
Crit ye treasure and crit ye crew
Yo ho 100% critical chance

The end

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Showing my age here, but off we go...

Shiruku Neko: Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas beats out Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.
El Toro: Behind the Mask by Jose Feliciano, theme from the wonderful short lived TV show Queen of Swords.
Ratbeard: Money, That's What I Want, either the Beatles or Barrett Strong.
Bonnie Anne: Fox On The Run by Sweet.
Stormy Sky: Stormy Weather by Lena Horn or Eat It by Weird Al Yankovic.
Dead Mike: Dead Man's Curve by Jan and Dean.
Old Scratch: Spooky by the Atlanta Rhythm Section or I Put a Spell On You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins.
Mustang Sally: Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett, of course.
Subodai: Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones.
Jane Canary & the other avian Companions: Shake a Tail Feather by Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels.
The Presidio Five - Milo, Gaspard, Mike, Jack and Birgus: We Got to Get Out of This Place by the Animals.

The Whole Crew: The Kids Are Alright by the Who.

Any Armada Soldier: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.
Queen: Fool if You Think It's Over by Chris Rea.

A special shout out to...
Kane: I'm a Loser by the Beatles.

And of course our pirate...
Sam Underhill: It Don't Come Easy by Ringo Starr.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Showing my age here, but off we go...

Shiruku Neko: Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas beats out Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.
El Toro: Behind the Mask by Jose Feliciano, theme from the wonderful short lived TV show Queen of Swords.
Ratbeard: Money, That's What I Want, either the Beatles or Barrett Strong.
Bonnie Anne: Fox On The Run by Sweet.
Stormy Sky: Stormy Weather by Lena Horn or Eat It by Weird Al Yankovic.
Dead Mike: Dead Man's Curve by Jan and Dean.
Old Scratch: Spooky by the Atlanta Rhythm Section or I Put a Spell On You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins.
Mustang Sally: Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett, of course.
Subodai: Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones.
Jane Canary & the other avian Companions: Shake a Tail Feather by Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels.
The Presidio Five - Milo, Gaspard, Mike, Jack and Birgus: We Got to Get Out of This Place by the Animals.

The Whole Crew: The Kids Are Alright by the Who.

Any Armada Soldier: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.
Queen: Fool if You Think It's Over by Chris Rea.

A special shout out to...
Kane: I'm a Loser by the Beatles.

And of course our pirate...
Sam Underhill: It Don't Come Easy by Ringo Starr.
Lol, "Sam, your age is showing!" Hey, what's life without aging?!

Great list & rather comical one. Shake a Tail Feather..perfect! And what could be a more fitting song for Scratch than I Put a Spell On You?-- such a Hoodoo-ey song. Love the Creedence version too. Thanks for sharing & putting a few grins on my face.

Hey, my crew loves them some tune-age! These next few are for when my crew comes through in the Clutch. All of these songs are by the band, Clutch.

RB (the companion)- What Would a Wookie Do?, & for RB the developer 10001110101
Scratch- The Devil and Me
Gracie- Child of the City
Lucky Jack- Crackerjack
Ninja Pig- Pigtown Blues
Nurse Quinn- The Rapture of Riddley Walker

..and a couple Clutch songs for my pets..

Sparky, my Stormtiger Shark- Electric Worry
Lord Cuddles, my Avalanche Yeti- The Yeti

Songs for when my crew is trying to shake The Blues.

Scratch- Got My Mojo Workin' ~ Muddy Waters
Lemba Moonskull- Boogie Chillen' ~ John Lee Hooker (known fact- dinos love to boogie & chill)
Toro- Grinnin' in Your Face ~ Son House (amazing song- really speaks to you)
Sarah- Feeling Good ~ Nina Simone & Crazy Blues ~ Mamie Smith

These songs are as jumbled, in genre, as my thoughts often are.

Bosun Budd- Whiter Shade of Pale ~ Procol Harum
Stormy Sky- Riders on the Storm ~ The Doors
Kobe- House of the Rising Sun ~ The Animals
Bonnie- Fire Woman ~ The Cult
Peter Quint- Sledgehammer ~ Peter Gabriel
Shiruku/Bonnie/Gracie/Sarah- What's Up ~ 4 Non Blondes
Hawkules- You're So Vain ~ Carly Simon
Tricky Vinny- Walk On the Ocean ~ Toad the Wet Sprocket
Jane Canary- Canary in a Coalmine by The Police
Sergeant Shepherd- Blue on Black ~ Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Monkey King- One Night in Bangkok ~ Murray Head
Zeena- Mississippi Queen ~ Mountain

..for dear ol' hapless Valkoor..

Here I Go Again ~ Whitesnake
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ~ U2
Fortune Faded & Tell Me Baby ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers

..for my mom..

Dancing in the Sky ~ Dani and Lizzy (Love ya & miss ya mom)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Well, all of these songs are from the same musical, but...

Ratbeard- "Toledo Surprise" from The Drowsy Chaperone
El Toro- "Show Off" from The Drowsy Chaperone
Mustang Sally/Carolina- "Bride's Lament" from The Drowsy Chaperone
Bonnie Anne- "As We Stumble Along" from The Drowsy Chaperone

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
GBalance101 on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
Well, all of these songs are from the same musical, but...

Ratbeard- "Toledo Surprise" from The Drowsy Chaperone
El Toro- "Show Off" from The Drowsy Chaperone
Mustang Sally/Carolina- "Bride's Lament" from The Drowsy Chaperone
Bonnie Anne- "As We Stumble Along" from The Drowsy Chaperone
Thanks for sharing!

And for providing me a new project-- to check out The Drowsy Chaperone and those songs. I've actually heard of it, but never experienced it. So now I simply must give it a look see. I've only searched the musical so far and when I noticed the word "parody" in the description...I knew it would be right up my alley. And seeing that it parodies music from the 1920's, well that makes it even more worth the checking out. So thank you for setting me on a course for new discovery. I hope to check out those songs this evening/night.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Oh, fun thread!

At a small stretch I've always connected Uso (Lie) by SID to Bonnie Anne since it makes me think of her Marleybone promotion and the fiasco with Guy Fox.

Goya no Machiawase (Overnight Appointment) by Hello Sleepwalkers goes with any of the MooShu 5 or Presidio 5 in my opinion since they all were imprisoned and once they got out, started forward on a better path with our pirate.

The Reluctant Heroes by MPI I see as a song for a pair of companions: Subodai and Sarah Steele to be specific. It fits with the way I saw the story the first time I played it I guess.

Ratbeard kind of goes with Fairly Local by twenty one pilots but some of the chorus doesn't exactly fit. Eh.

This is...surprisingly difficult. I guess the music I listen to doesn't lend itself to characters that aren't from my own imagination. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For all of my pirates and their crews, I'd have to pick Centuries by Fall Out Boy or Heathens by twenty one pilots. Probably the latter more often than not since they're not exactly honest folk 100% of the time.

My characters themselves bounce between 2 or 3 each-

Musketeer- Angel With a Shotgun by The Cab and Guns For Hands by twenty one pilots
Privateer- I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie and House of Memories by Panic! At The Disco
Buccaneer- Hometown by twenty one pilots and Guren no Yumiya (Crimson Bow and Arrow) by Linked Horizon

Swashbuckler- Ghosts of Beverly Drive by DCfC, Ode to Sleep (21p), and I Constantly Thank God for Esteban by P!ATD
Witchdoctor- Migraine (21p), My Demons by Starset, and Monochrome Kiss by SID
Other swashbuckler- Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas, HeavyDirtySoul by 21p, and Good Help (Is So Hard to Find) by Death Cab for Cutie

I think at this point, El Dorado by Death Cab for Cutie goes with everyone's characters and companions-

"Seems you finally found, finally found El Dorado
So why does it feel underwhelming, barely real?
And I'm trying to be hyped for you
Oh I'm trying to be hyped for you..."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
Oh, fun thread!

At a small stretch I've always connected Uso (Lie) by SID to Bonnie Anne since it makes me think of her Marleybone promotion and the fiasco with Guy Fox.

Goya no Machiawase (Overnight Appointment) by Hello Sleepwalkers goes with any of the MooShu 5 or Presidio 5 in my opinion since they all were imprisoned and once they got out, started forward on a better path with our pirate.

The Reluctant Heroes by MPI I see as a song for a pair of companions: Subodai and Sarah Steele to be specific. It fits with the way I saw the story the first time I played it I guess.

Ratbeard kind of goes with Fairly Local by twenty one pilots but some of the chorus doesn't exactly fit. Eh.

This is...surprisingly difficult. I guess the music I listen to doesn't lend itself to characters that aren't from my own imagination. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For all of my pirates and their crews, I'd have to pick Centuries by Fall Out Boy or Heathens by twenty one pilots. Probably the latter more often than not since they're not exactly honest folk 100% of the time.

My characters themselves bounce between 2 or 3 each-

Musketeer- Angel With a Shotgun by The Cab and Guns For Hands by twenty one pilots
Privateer- I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie and House of Memories by Panic! At The Disco
Buccaneer- Hometown by twenty one pilots and Guren no Yumiya (Crimson Bow and Arrow) by Linked Horizon

Swashbuckler- Ghosts of Beverly Drive by DCfC, Ode to Sleep (21p), and I Constantly Thank God for Esteban by P!ATD
Witchdoctor- Migraine (21p), My Demons by Starset, and Monochrome Kiss by SID
Other swashbuckler- Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas, HeavyDirtySoul by 21p, and Good Help (Is So Hard to Find) by Death Cab for Cutie

I think at this point, El Dorado by Death Cab for Cutie goes with everyone's characters and companions-

"Seems you finally found, finally found El Dorado
So why does it feel underwhelming, barely real?
And I'm trying to be hyped for you
Oh I'm trying to be hyped for you..."
Absolutely great list and choices, Misty! And quite diverse as well!

My son really likes Fall Out Boy and the couple of radio-friendly twenty one pilots songs that play on the local airwaves. I haven't checked out any of their other songs yet. And Kansas...Kansas?...That's pretty cool! I've always loved that song! I'll have to check out a few of your other choices that I haven't heard before.

And you're right that El Dorado song sounds like the perfect song for all of us. Now I have to go see the rest of the lyrics...

Thanks for sharing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A blast from the past and a huge laugh for you ( if you remember it...)
Disco Duck by Rick Dees
Dedicated to Duck Holiday & Dan Drake

Ensign
Sep 21, 2015
Bonnie Anne~Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machines
Marchioness~Fight Song by Rachel Platten
El Toro~Rose Gold by Pentatonix
Ratbeard~Monster by Imagine Dragons

I think Bonnie Anne is best since she is done with all this Armada junk.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Lindsing606 on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
Bonnie Anne~Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machines
Marchioness~Fight Song by Rachel Platten
El Toro~Rose Gold by Pentatonix
Ratbeard~Monster by Imagine Dragons

I think Bonnie Anne is best since she is done with all this Armada junk.
Great songs!! Thanks for sharing. And I've actually heard all of them...even the Pentatonix one-- thanks to Misty here on the boards. Those are some great choices for your crew members and, lol, yeah I too think that Bonnie has grown rather tired of having to deal with all the 'scrap metal' in the Spiral. She's had all a lass can take...and then some.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 16, 2016 wrote:
A blast from the past and a huge laugh for you ( if you remember it...)
Disco Duck by Rick Dees
Dedicated to Duck Holiday & Dan Drake
My oh my, Esperanza!! That song!!!

Yes, I do actually remember Disco Duck. But WOW, it has been a while since I heard it, or thought of it. Now, after watching the video, I can't get it out of my head!! I can actually picture both of those Spiral ducks flocking to the dance floor, just'a flappin' their bills and wings to the disco duck beat. Great song choice and thanks for the laughs-- I'm still quackin' up over it! I have to admit that for some reason it made me want to watch Howard the Duck (so naturally, I did). Must have something to do with all the plucky ducky songs in it.

Here's a couple more companion songs that I thought of recently...

Dead Mike- Zombie by The Cranberries
Goronado- Apeman by The Kinks (once this song gets in your head, you'll go bananas trying to get it out!)
Hawkules- What I Am by Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
(I don't know why, but for some reason I can see Hawkules singing this song, that just seems to talk in circles-- "I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean....What I am is what I am, are you what you are-- or what?" Yes, Hawkules we all know what you are...a son of a God. We got it...we got it!)

And a special shout out goes to the lovebirds of the crew. Yes Bonnie and Ratbeard you guys can't fool me! Here's a couple of songs they secretly sing about each other, while wishing that they were singing them to each other. These songs also represent a little trip down memory lane.

I Think We're Alone Now- The Tiffany version fits them (Tommy James & the Shondells one is great too)
Lost in Love by Air Supply
Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli (well, kind of by them)
Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
Listen to Your Heart by Roxette
Never Going to Give You Up by Rick Astley
Heaven by Bryan Adams
Just Another Day and Do You Believe in Us by Jon Secada
I Would Die 4 U by Prince

Bonnie...just let the rat out of the bag already. And Ratty...you can't out fox us. Time to fess up guys!