Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips and Tricks for new PvP pirates.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2015
Hey everyone!
Writing from my own experience, PvP is much less of an even playing field as it may appear. 2 lvl 70 pirates fighting can actually be super unbalanced based on gear sets and experience. When I first reached max level, I tried out PvP on my swashbuckler. I got crushed. 1v1 level 70 against buccaneer. It seemed like his companions would never stop attacking! They seemed to always block my attacks and always land crits! It took lots of farming and practice but I finally got some great gear and am able to win more than half my PvP fights.

Some advice I would give to new players or players just starting PvP-
1. Just a few levels make a big difference- A level 70 can easily defeat a level 65 (unless the 70's a witchdoctor and the 65's a buccaneer, sorry just thought I'd put my own opinion in there ).

2. Don't be afraid to stand your ground- A nice strategy is doing something like powering up for the upcoming battle. If you use two turns simply powering up, it doesn't mean you have to be the first to attack. Also, never retreat. Doing this will simply waste your turn, and chances are, the opponent will catch up to you.

3. Use OP companions- It depends on your class but I strongly recommend El Toro, Peter Quint, Old Scratch, and Chantal Livingstone. These are just a few that I love for pvp but it's mostly class and preference.

That's all. I hope this helped someone. I could be totally wrong but this is what's worked for me.

Angus

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
etan8 on Jun 3, 2022 wrote:
Hey everyone!
Writing from my own experience, PvP is much less of an even playing field as it may appear. 2 lvl 70 pirates fighting can actually be super unbalanced based on gear sets and experience. When I first reached max level, I tried out PvP on my swashbuckler. I got crushed. 1v1 level 70 against buccaneer. It seemed like his companions would never stop attacking! They seemed to always block my attacks and always land crits! It took lots of farming and practice but I finally got some great gear and am able to win more than half my PvP fights.

Some advice I would give to new players or players just starting PvP-
1. Just a few levels make a big difference- A level 70 can easily defeat a level 65 (unless the 70's a witchdoctor and the 65's a buccaneer, sorry just thought I'd put my own opinion in there ).

2. Don't be afraid to stand your ground- A nice strategy is doing something like powering up for the upcoming battle. If you use two turns simply powering up, it doesn't mean you have to be the first to attack. Also, never retreat. Doing this will simply waste your turn, and chances are, the opponent will catch up to you.

3. Use OP companions- It depends on your class but I strongly recommend El Toro, Peter Quint, Old Scratch, and Chantal Livingstone. These are just a few that I love for pvp but it's mostly class and preference.

That's all. I hope this helped someone. I could be totally wrong but this is what's worked for me.

Angus
Nice tips, but the reason that buck beat you was not just because of great gear, but also how he trained his companions.
Pay attention to their talents as well as powers.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2015
Thanks anecorbie!
BTW is there any good builds for Peter Quint, Kobe, and El Toro? Rn I just use

Peter Quint:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Armored 4
Strong 4

Kobe:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Dodgy 4
Agile 4

Toro:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Dodgy 4
Agile 4

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
etan8 on Jun 12, 2022 wrote:
Thanks anecorbie!
BTW is there any good builds for Peter Quint, Kobe, and El Toro? Rn I just use

Peter Quint:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Armored 4
Strong 4

Kobe:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Dodgy 4
Agile 4

Toro:
Tough 4
Rough 4
Dodgy 4
Agile 4
No Relentless on any of those? Even one can cause those chains that flattened you in that bout. I'm more a PvP enthusiast than an expert. I hope others see this post and can give you more in depth advice.
Good Luck in the Brawlin' Hall!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2015
Sorry about that!

Toro has
Relentless 2
First Strike 2
Riposite 2

Peter has
Relentless 3
Vengance Strike 2
Second Chance (Not sure abt this or bladestorm)
Bladestorm (see above)

Kobe
Not really sure. Let me check

Angus