Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let pirates on an account be chosen as companions in PvP

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Since pirates are stronger then companions, it would be nice if when 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 ranked PvP ever comes out that instead of having to choose companions alongside a pirate, if every pirate could be chosen along with whatever companion one wants to use on the pirate they are playing.

This means those who build up four pirates would have an advantage over those who built up fewer pirates, but that is the way it should be as it encourages everyone to build up at least four, though they could take three and use a highly beneficial companion such as a scratch.

Anyways, I thought I'd toss out this idea, as it sure would make PvP a whole lot more interesting and dangerous to play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 6, 2021 wrote:
Since pirates are stronger then companions, it would be nice if when 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 ranked PvP ever comes out that instead of having to choose companions alongside a pirate, if every pirate could be chosen along with whatever companion one wants to use on the pirate they are playing.

This means those who build up four pirates would have an advantage over those who built up fewer pirates, but that is the way it should be as it encourages everyone to build up at least four, though they could take three and use a highly beneficial companion such as a scratch.

Anyways, I thought I'd toss out this idea, as it sure would make PvP a whole lot more interesting and dangerous to play.
There's probably a technical reason why this would never happen as well as being OP. Including the fact that we're not allowed to buy henchmen in any kind of PVP.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 9, 2021 wrote:
There's probably a technical reason why this would never happen as well as being OP. Including the fact that we're not allowed to buy henchmen in any kind of PVP.
If there is a technical reason, then the game needs better qualified technicians. It wouldn't be OP, but the better players would tower more over the others, and then the others will cry again and as always the game will make what wasn't broken dumbed down and incredibly easy, such as most always being able to hit those with high dodge when one has no real accuracy. I'd really like to see the game higher a mathematician to correct and balance everything out. It seems to me that cause some horrible players who only played swashbuckler couldn't figure out how to dominate other classes, that they just crying to get the other classes nerfed and barred from using certain things, and so some things that should work always seem mechanically busted.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
If there is a technical reason, then the game needs better qualified technicians. It wouldn't be OP, but the better players would tower more over the others, and then the others will cry again and as always the game will make what wasn't broken dumbed down and incredibly easy, such as most always being able to hit those with high dodge when one has no real accuracy. I'd really like to see the game higher a mathematician to correct and balance everything out. It seems to me that cause some horrible players who only played swashbuckler couldn't figure out how to dominate other classes, that they just crying to get the other classes nerfed and barred from using certain things, and so some things that should work always seem mechanically busted.
It isn't only swashbucklers crying for nerfs; There are plenty other classes asking for a more "balanced" Ranked PVP.
And I wouldn't say that KI needs "better qualified technicians", either. Some of the best and brightest are working at KI.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 15, 2021 wrote:
It isn't only swashbucklers crying for nerfs; There are plenty other classes asking for a more "balanced" Ranked PVP.
And I wouldn't say that KI needs "better qualified technicians", either. Some of the best and brightest are working at KI.
People are mostly crying over their talents saying one thing and the game play not doing what the talents state they do. What good is a high dodge when someone with half the accuracy hardly ever misses, even when they have accuracy reductions upon them? The buccaneers blocking cards do not seem to block, perhaps they reduce damage instead, but if they do that the players aren't likely to know because at no time do we receive any sort of reduced damage message. If we toss on lots of blocking, we kind of expect to be missed, and see some sort of difference.