Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101's RNG system

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
Hello, I've recently quit Pirate101 because of the RNG system in PvP. I'm going to explain why it needs to be fixed and why it's very irritating to play the game anymore.

So, when you're on Buccaneer, you have Hold the Line 3, which reduces dodge by 50% if someone runs into you. In my pvp match, my opponent ran into me, and he dodged twice when I was in tide without being reduced. So, since I am in tide with Gladiator gear, I have about 200 accuracy, and my opponent has about 60 dodge, yet he dodges twice. What is that logic? So, does that mean 60 dodge is better than 200 accuracy? I ended up losing by about 400 health and I feel as if those two dodges really decided the match.

I'm now going to demonstrate another thing. On my Privateer, I was doing a ladder match on Central and during the match I used Kraken Coils which highers my strength and it's good to put on since my opponent is a Buccaneer. So, my opponent is using Gladiator Gear, which gives agility. So, she only has 85 strength. With the Coil buff on, I have about 80 strength and she's not buffed so I'm good. So, she assassins me and she supers the assassin and I die. I was winning the whole match and was even doing a flawless at one point and yet I lose. How is about 5 strength deserve her to get a super assassin? Really irritating.

Another thing I want to point out about is Elusive, Whale's might and Zeal do not work in this game. You could reduce your opponent and use Zeal and they'll still hit even if I am in Elusive. This has happen multiple times to me and it's flat out annoying and has made me lose some tournament matches. Hear me out, if you zeal and attack let's say a Fan Flanders with a Contessa, your Contessa should have about 180 dodge or so, while Fan has 120 accuracy. Why does Fan hit every hit and gets a full chain of relentless without a buff? It makes no sense.

One final thing, Whale's might never works. I was fighting a musket and I didn't get one relentless the whole match with whale's might on, not even my Peter Quint got one. So, my opponent played questionable and basically offered me 2 free companions, yet I get to kill none of them and I lose my crew since his 75% agile buff gives all of his units full chains when I can't get one relentless. Does that mean a 75% buff is better than a 100% buff? And this doesn't happen just one time, Whale's might doesn't even work vs Swashbucklers every match, yet they're out here getting super curses and glooms without any buffs whatsoever.

Now, I will admit, I don't think I am the best player in pvp, however I do think I have some logic and IQ in me to understand that most of the stuff that happens in this game is ridiculous and there should be some logic in this game. Love to hear your thoughts about this, fellow PvPers.
- Loyal Devin Xavier/Cynical Devin Grant

Ensign
Nov 14, 2009
Exactly. If you're not going to update Pirate101 at the VERY VERY least keep the game playable. We've got mediocre players relying on critical assassins and critical heals. I am so tired of losing my matches like this. It is beyond INFURIATING constantly losing because of luck. FIX YOUR RNG, make the game playable for PVP players. I am not asking for a new world, new obsidian bosses, or anything of that sort. JUST FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME. It's so infuriating dealing with RNG, so just remove it from the game entirely. It has no place in PVP, because it makes PVP LUCK BASED not SKILL BASED.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2009
Fix your busted game. I lose matches because of critical assassins, critical heals, critical poisons, and more. This game's pvp isn't skill based its luck based. Fix your game, I am so frustrated with the development team. How on earth is it possible for the rng to be 5% if critical heals happen just about every match. In addition, units with espirit de corps can't hit on units with no buffs at all. Do you hear me Kingsisle? Fix your game please, everyone is tired of the rng. Players who aren't good at pvp use bad setups and expect to be rewarded with critical spam and luck. If pvp was actually skill based, these players wouldn't win their matches. However, these players win most of their matches. The good players who have good gear lose their matches. I am tired of this, fix your game. Don't take offense to this, I just think it's about time you do something about the broken game mechanics.

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
Well, it's about time someone specified more into detail into Pirate101's broke RNG.... this needs to be fixed before any world updates can be made...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
So let me get this straight, all these totally lousy PvP players win most all of their matches, and cause you lose most all of yours you cry its the game's fault. Pretty funny.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2019
Takhethis on Jan 8, 2021 wrote:
So let me get this straight, all these totally lousy PvP players win most all of their matches, and cause you lose most all of yours you cry its the game's fault. Pretty funny.
There's skill involved, but there are also plenty of times where it comes down to a one on one trade at low health and that's where RNG is at its worst. Coincidentally that's also the most crucial part of the game if both players play well.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Jewelo on Jan 9, 2021 wrote:
There's skill involved, but there are also plenty of times where it comes down to a one on one trade at low health and that's where RNG is at its worst. Coincidentally that's also the most crucial part of the game if both players play well.
Accuracy always seems off to me. You get a super high base accuracy and still miss regularly, and you also have a low accuracy on another character that doesn't seem to miss. I gave up on having high dodge long ago as it didn't seem to make much of a difference.