Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Presidio companion buff ideas

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So you guys probably remember our presidio companions, those early game story companions who nobody seems to ever use. You probably also remember how they got a new promotion quest in Valencia 2 but sadly got no new power to go with it.

Well I have given it some thought and I think I have an idea for what would be the ideal power to go with each one!

Dead Mike: Dead Mike is a pretty unique Buccaneer, he starts with riposte and can train it all the way to 3. Sadly, with no way to buff his dodge he doesn't make much use of it. I think his special ability from his final promotion should be Turn the Tide 3. Currently the only companion with this is Baar, and it can really help him stay around in the late game in PvP. If Mike also got Tide 3 he could start stacking dodge and actually get some riposte combos going after he hits half health.

Birgus Latro: You have seen these guys in Valencia 2. The crabs are born counter attackers. Birgus should get Tritons Song so he can stick around longer and score even more first strikes and vengeance attacks

Gaspard De Vole: Gaspard needs a brutal charge or a buccaneer smash. For some reason Gaspard has no vengeance or relentless but he does have a riposte. He could definitely use an accuracy reducing attack so he can score more of them.

Milo Graytail: This guy isn't even that bad aside from his massive liability cheap shot starter talent. I'd say give him a Swashbuckler Stab so he can get another guaranteed critical.

Lucky Jack Russel: Honestly Privateer companions are in such a weird spot I don't even know what this guy should get. I have noticed privateer companions are quite good at scoring combo trains even without a buff so maybe give him Grand Shadowdance so he can just become a critical machine.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I think dead mike needs more than that to be honest.