Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Nausica a must?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Well, hello there! I am Wiwade,AKA Stormy Isaac (Level 20 ), who is probably going to ask a LOT of questions about the game these days.

I am not new in this game and I have seen a lot of Nausicas in PvP, and people say she is overpowered, or at least the best companion in the game.

I never had a max so I don't know much about her, but I feel like I MUST buy her in order to win PvP matches and if I don't, my winrate will be greatly lowered. So, am I right? Is Nausica a must in PvP?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Wiwade on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
Well, hello there! I am Wiwade,AKA Stormy Isaac (Level 20 ), who is probably going to ask a LOT of questions about the game these days.

I am not new in this game and I have seen a lot of Nausicas in PvP, and people say she is overpowered, or at least the best companion in the game.

I never had a max so I don't know much about her, but I feel like I MUST buy her in order to win PvP matches and if I don't, my winrate will be greatly lowered. So, am I right? Is Nausica a must in PvP?
Nausica is a very good companion but not a must to win.

Winning PVP isn't about 1 companion, it is about all 3 companions you bring with your pirate.

For a Swashbuckler, Fan Flanders (who you will get for free) is really good. Also, Sarah Steele (who you will get for free) is really good.

If you wanted to buy a companion you have several good options, too many to talk about unless I know what you are exactly looking for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Are players still saying Nausicca is "OP"? As a musketeer she usually has a low dodge or armor - these are her weak points. She can only use her power attacks when she is right up on an enemy, this leaves her vulnerable to melee attacks. One good chain of relentless/ bladestorm from a buccaneer and she's done.( As an example. )

If you as a swashbuckler can get gear that gives Valor's Armor or Valor's Fort for you to use on her and then use Black Fog ( swashbuckler power learned at level 55 ) then she can usually do well.
She is not a must to win.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, welcome to the game and the message boards, Stormy Issac. If you have any more PVP related questions then post them in the Spar Chamber, you'll get more expert advice there!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

Hello Wiwade!

Nausica is not exactly essential to win a PvP match, but she is quite good. Since you're a Swashbuckler, I would suggest getting companions that boost stats, like El Toro and Fan Flanders. Hide on the first round and boost stats, than use an ability with a guaranteed Critical for great effect.

Community Leader
No. She is very good, but not quintessential.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
Are players still saying Nausicca is "OP"? As a musketeer she usually has a low dodge or armor - these are her weak points. She can only use her power attacks when she is right up on an enemy, this leaves her vulnerable to melee attacks. One good chain of relentless/ bladestorm from a buccaneer and she's done.( As an example. )

If you as a swashbuckler can get gear that gives Valor's Armor or Valor's Fort for you to use on her and then use Black Fog ( swashbuckler power learned at level 55 ) then she can usually do well.
She is not a must to win.
I don't know if people still think she is OP but they did before, I was just curious. Thanks!

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
Nausica is a very good companion but not a must to win.

Winning PVP isn't about 1 companion, it is about all 3 companions you bring with your pirate.

For a Swashbuckler, Fan Flanders (who you will get for free) is really good. Also, Sarah Steele (who you will get for free) is really good.

If you wanted to buy a companion you have several good options, too many to talk about unless I know what you are exactly looking for.
Well, I don't want to buy a companion unless necessary, I just thought Nausica as a must-have and got curious.

Also, I plan the get Fan on max so she will be level 71-72. But Sarah is always on my first 3, though. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wiwade on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Well, I don't want to buy a companion unless necessary, I just thought Nausica as a must-have and got curious.

Also, I plan the get Fan on max so she will be level 71-72. But Sarah is always on my first 3, though. Thanks!
For Fan; be prepared for her 3 gold promotions, give First Strike3,Riposte2 or 3, Relentless & Bladestorm. As well as all the dodge and agility you can get. If you seriously want to have her at all times, consider giving her a couple of ranks of "Scrapper" - if she gets defeated, you'll get her back faster!