Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Art of Privateering

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Hey,

I recently hit max level and have been enjoying putting into practice some of the strategies I have learned from my research on the Interwebs. So far, my PVP has only taken place in the Sparring Chamber and in Houses. With the summer season rolling around, I figured I'd take a shot at Ranked. Any tips you can give a privy? Strategies, companions, ability order, gear, and whatever else you can think of. The advice is much appreciated.

Cedric Moone

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
Remember what you are, and then change the "definition of it a bit". Privateers are support figures among their crew, meaning a few things:

1. Tempo - Your companions are your best assets. You lose them vs. a Buck/Swash + Crew, you can kiss your match goodbye. Your opponent is far ahead of you now.
2. Types - There are two types (just for the sake of this post) of Privateers in PvP, Defensive and Melee.

Defensive - Usually has summons, boon, and other ranged powers as a tactic. Very difficult to go with due to using your resources wisely if not perfectly. Very rewarding if you master it.
Melee - Self-explanatory tactic. Very easy to go with due to using your companions and powers as well as your physical powers as well PLUS epics like HtL and Repel, which can easily turn tables if need be. Better chances at surviving 1v1 vs Buck/Swash due to these things. HtL+Repel+Double Tide or Elusive/Tide is pretty substantial.
3. Tactics - As said above, tactics is very important. I don't say "strategy" because they can backfire and change based on your opponent's play style.

P.S. I'd watch your back nowadays. Old Scratch is Superman on wheels and basically throw these straight out the window if you don't have a way to deal with him.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
moses3345 on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
Remember what you are, and then change the "definition of it a bit". Privateers are support figures among their crew, meaning a few things:

1. Tempo - Your companions are your best assets. You lose them vs. a Buck/Swash + Crew, you can kiss your match goodbye. Your opponent is far ahead of you now.
2. Types - There are two types (just for the sake of this post) of Privateers in PvP, Defensive and Melee.

Defensive - Usually has summons, boon, and other ranged powers as a tactic. Very difficult to go with due to using your resources wisely if not perfectly. Very rewarding if you master it.
Melee - Self-explanatory tactic. Very easy to go with due to using your companions and powers as well as your physical powers as well PLUS epics like HtL and Repel, which can easily turn tables if need be. Better chances at surviving 1v1 vs Buck/Swash due to these things. HtL+Repel+Double Tide or Elusive/Tide is pretty substantial.
3. Tactics - As said above, tactics is very important. I don't say "strategy" because they can backfire and change based on your opponent's play style.

P.S. I'd watch your back nowadays. Old Scratch is Superman on wheels and basically throw these straight out the window if you don't have a way to deal with him.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind...I've been going with a ranged privy mostly.

Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
How does one get double tide? What pet grants it?

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
mr idea on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:
How does one get double tide? What pet grants it?
You have to find someone with a double tide to morph with or make your own double tide pet.