Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Calling the big guns

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
hello my suggestion is might seem a little crazy, but it would help put pirate101 on the map. Currently no pirate game allows this, (sea of thieves, skull and bones, etc) and would attract more players. The idea here is that you have ship companions. When you enter a fight, up to 5 of your commanded ships would join. They would follow behind you, and would automatically heal and attack. (Same way auto fight works for companions). They would de spawn when you entered a fight on deck.

This feature would unlock at level 20 (1 ship), 40(2 ships). Lvl 60 (3 ships), and eventually 4,5 at lvl 80, 100 if we get there.

What do ya guys think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
hello my suggestion is might seem a little crazy, but it would help put pirate101 on the map. Currently no pirate game allows this, (sea of thieves, skull and bones, etc) and would attract more players. The idea here is that you have ship companions. When you enter a fight, up to 5 of your commanded ships would join. They would follow behind you, and would automatically heal and attack. (Same way auto fight works for companions). They would de spawn when you entered a fight on deck.

This feature would unlock at level 20 (1 ship), 40(2 ships). Lvl 60 (3 ships), and eventually 4,5 at lvl 80, 100 if we get there.

What do ya guys think?
Unless we're also facing a flotilla of ships attacking us, this function would be completely unnecessary - broadside combat is too easy as it is.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Honestly, sinking ships is SO easy if you are at the proper nautical level for the area, I think this feature isn't necessary and would be over-powered for this game's mechanics. Players simply need to take care of their nautical level as their pirates level up by doing side quests and sinking more ships.

<insert ship icon here>

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I feel like I already have this. I like to play with other players, and I regularly do fight in a group of ships. The others control their own ships too. At first, I thought you wanted to control multiple ships during the fight, which would be something new, but perhaps a bit confusing. Sounds like you solo a lot, but want the power of a group for ship fights, but not the extra people for the boarding actions. Is this because you like playing solo or because you cant find any help with ship fights? Were you thinking of this mainly for questing? Would it be for ship PVP? Seems like it would be too unbalanced for ship PVP.

Maybe this could be something where you find some kind of magical item in the skyways that would do this on a short term basis. You find a ghost fleet and they join you for a short while, on a timer, then vanish. How strong the ghost fleet is might depend on where it is, what world, and would be less than your ship probably. Otherwise, it could be a crown shop thing, like hiring a henchman for a fight, but the ships would go when the fight is over. Could be too overpowered as an all the time thing.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
I think it is necessary for solo players. And yes I mostly solo the entire game and ship fights were annoying. Perhaps the ship could detect nearby players? If if sensed people on the radar the ships would not spawn. Likewise the radar would sense if the ability to spawn ships was triggered. The enemy ships would use a siren and attract enemy ships.

This would result in a massive naval fight. Not only is this more interesting but it removes the monotony of killing x ships.

- I don't see why not in pvp. Having more ships fight each other would be neat. The player would be randomly dropped into one of the factions (armada, pirate, marlybone, etc) and would fight each other. It would be fun and fatal, it would drop script and ship parts. (Could call it naval siege mode)

I don't see it as an overpowered idea, we are pirates. The idea of fighting with one ship is lame. Look at black beard, and other pirates. They are sick because they had 450 ships with 40 cannons tearing up the sky. That is what pirate101 tried to be by becoming a pirate game. I think kingisle needs to implement it for many reasons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I think it is necessary for solo players. And yes I mostly solo the entire game and ship fights were annoying. Perhaps the ship could detect nearby players? If if sensed people on the radar the ships would not spawn. Likewise the radar would sense if the ability to spawn ships was triggered. The enemy ships would use a siren and attract enemy ships.

This would result in a massive naval fight. Not only is this more interesting but it removes the monotony of killing x ships.

- I don't see why not in pvp. Having more ships fight each other would be neat. The player would be randomly dropped into one of the factions (armada, pirate, marlybone, etc) and would fight each other. It would be fun and fatal, it would drop script and ship parts. (Could call it naval siege mode)

I don't see it as an overpowered idea, we are pirates. The idea of fighting with one ship is lame. Look at black beard, and other pirates. They are sick because they had 450 ships with 40 cannons tearing up the sky. That is what pirate101 tried to be by becoming a pirate game. I think kingisle needs to implement it for many reasons.
I'm generally a solo player, also. I have had no problems with ship battles throughout this game, even before tthe "wounded ship-wounded enemy" addition.
I don't find ship battles annoying ( although the gathering quests can be ). I find there are two camps in this game those who like ( or love ) ship battle or those who hate it. You obviously hate it.

As to historic pirates having "450 ships" that is ridiculous, at most Blackbeard or Sam Belamy had 3-4 ships and those ships were under the control of other pirate captains - very much like the situation in our game where pirates can ally for certain ship battles.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

It's not necessary for solo players. Plenty of nautical experience is available through side quests, and companion tasking, and sinking ships takes far less time than boarding.

To me, your idea would be just another way that players could avoid paying attention to their nautical level and rely on brute strength rather than strategy.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
That is not correct anecorbie. Black beard did in fact control 450 ships. The pirates followed beard (thatch) because they all took a death plea. Black beard would spare all ships if the captain serendered unconditionaly. As of such they were all under his control.

Black beard flew the red devil for this, and was known to put fuses in his head to fear all pirates into following him.

The Queen Anne Revenge is not the only example of this.

As of such I see not why this can not be done in game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That is not correct anecorbie. Black beard did in fact control 450 ships. The pirates followed beard (thatch) because they all took a death plea. Black beard would spare all ships if the captain serendered unconditionaly. As of such they were all under his control.

Black beard flew the red devil for this, and was known to put fuses in his head to fear all pirates into following him.

The Queen Anne Revenge is not the only example of this.

As of such I see not why this can not be done in game
What is the basis of your statement? I've read extensively on Pirate History and Lore and can give you a bibliography and a list of documentaries. None of which say that Blackbeard ( Edward Thatch or Teach ) ever had 450 ships. Did you get your "facts" from Assassin's Creed or perhaps Pirates of the Caribbean? None of them are historically accurate.

Blackbeard's flag was black and showed death with an hour glass and holding a dart with a bleeding heart, not a red devil.

Blackbeard may have captured many ships, but he didn't command more than 4 ( at most ). When he captured a ship, if it was better than the one he used, then he took it over. The old ship was either given to another captain or the captain of the captured ship to return to port with. This was standard procedure among pirates.

I still contend that this isn't needed and is OP.