Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pvp

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
what is the best setup for muskets at lvl 70? as well as companions and what to give them?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
all depends on what you wanna do. i've found several strategies a musket could do. heavy bombs, barricade camping, Nausica assault, many choices.

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
No i mean like what is the best available gear for non-overwatch 5 muskets. Here's my gear atm:

Hat: Corrupted Archer's Vestment, Matador's Headgear
Robe: Ranchero's Finery
Boots: Centipede Shinguards
Weapon: Farming for Thunder Rifle
Eyepatch: Patch of Asterion's Ruin, Death Bargain's (farming for)
Totem: Apprentice charm
Amulet: Apollo's Necklace, Sprocket Key (farming for)
Ring: Southern Cross gem

I am wondering which eyepatch and hat I should choose since i have both options. Like which is the best in terms of a balanced setup. Also, what epics should I give bonnie anne? Maybe include some strategies against classes like witchdoctors, privateers, and swashbucklers. Finally, with the hope of getting the sprocket key, should i use it over the Apollo's necklace or no? Btw, my final pet will grant overwatch so I will have overwatch 3 (and no I do not have Nausica).

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Thefirstchum on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:
No i mean like what is the best available gear for non-overwatch 5 muskets. Here's my gear atm:

I am wondering which eyepatch and hat I should choose since i have both options. Like which is the best in terms of a balanced setup. Also, what epics should I give bonnie anne? Maybe include some strategies against classes like witchdoctors, privateers, and swashbucklers. Finally, with the hope of getting the sprocket key, should i use it over the Apollo's necklace or no? Btw, my final pet will grant overwatch so I will have overwatch 3 (and no I do not have Nausica).
hmm. with that gear looks to be a shield set up. replace the boots with Titanic Boots (grant's levy shield). as for Bonnie Anne set up, go with Overwatch 3, Burst Fire 2, Doubletap 3. your pet needs Scent if you hope to deal with bucklers. they love their fog. unless you go against a Privy or a Buck, Sprocket Key wont be of much use since it wont purge hidden from a unit. idk what Patch of Asterion's Ruin does but Death Bargain can be helpful at times. it's saved my bacon a handful of times. and since you dont have Nausica your best bet is to shield Contessa and have her Gallant Defense near you so she can deal with bucklers who hide then charge. though idk if it will intercept poison. as for her setup, First Strike 3 and Riposte 3 with allot of dodge. and maybe health too to be on the safe side.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Thefirstchum on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:

I'd definitely recommend the Corrupted Archer's Hat, that extra set of bombs can be pretty crucial and the super strike is always helpful for a quick damage spike. The rest of your gear sounds fine in my opinion, though definitely be careful with Death's Bargain because of witch hunter being so common. It can often pose more harm then good in the long run.

As for your epics with Bonnie, I strongly suggest you train Quick Draw 3, Burst 2, Doubletap 2 and Overwatch (1). Opposing Nausicas will run over you since you have overwatch trained and make you take a heap ton of unnecessary damage. Since you don't have a Nausica of your own, having Quickdraw 3 on Bonnie will at least let you trade damage with them instead of it being a one sided exchange.

As a side note, having Overwatch trained on musketeer makes you vulnerable to Nausica unless you have another overwatch unit (preferably Bonnie) up front to exchange before she reaches your pirate. Also if you try to hide, your opponent can run away and trigger your overwatch the following turn, making it a risky epic to have. I had it trained originally but quickly found out the hard way that perhaps it wasn't the most ideal route to take. Of course you do you though, just sharing my experience with it.

My ideal gear set for musket is:
Hat: Corrupted Archer's Vestment/Gladiator's Helm
Outfit: Ranchero's Finery
Boots: Titanic Boots
Weapon: Haywire Thunder Rifle
Accessory: Technomage Glasses
Totem: Apprentice Charm/Brave Spirit's Bag
Charm: Hera's Necklace/Sprocket's Key/Apollo's Necklace
Ring: Drill Sergeant's Ring/Southern Cross Gem

There are a LOT of different gear combos that give the same powers. I use the above for the stat distribution, but any combo of the following is what I go for-
1 Revive
Tower Hat or Totem
2 Absorbs
2 Forts (levy from Titanic Boots can make do)

If I wanted to use Sprocket's Key, I'd drop a fort for it and move gear around accordingly.

I hope this helped a little bit, good luck with your farming!

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
I don’t think I’ll use the Titantic boots because my setup is just not all shields it’s supoosed to have revive boots because muskets have very little heals. I want to use sprocket key for people who fort their nausica or use boon on a nausica or goronado. Also, just curious, but shouldn’t witch hunter easily counter soul shroud?

P.S. the patch of astreions run gives an inferno shot and 15 accuracy. There’s another one that gives hurricane round called tyches blind luck but I think the inferno shot is better. I was also considering the master smugglers cowl, so let me know what you think is the best eyepatch.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
if i remember right the smuggler's cowl gives spell power which slightly boosts bombs, heals and traps. and you dont need to wory about WH too much. all it does is reduces the damage done to the enemy. it's like this:

before WH: soul shroud does 280 damage to target, you gain 140 life
after WH: soul shroud does 140 damage you gain 140 life.

just be careful. WH can cause other epic to trigger. i've had a buck with WH chain off and finish me.

and like i said, unless the opponent is a buck or a privy, Sprocket Key wont do you much good.

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
JUst because I don’t have the brave spirit bag I think this is the setup I’ll be using:
Hat: Matadors headgear
Robe: Racheros Finery
Weapon: Haywire Thunder Rifle (farming)
Eyepatch: technomahe glasses or master smugglers cowl (don’t know which is better)
Totem: jewel of moo Manchu (ill get soon hopefully)
Charm: Apollo’s necklace, sprocket key (farming)
Ring: southern cross gem

P.S. what are good strategies vs every single class as a max musket? Could you also include what 3 companions to use against each (btw no nausica).