Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armed and ready

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
Pirate 101 has a wide variety of weapons that are often based on weapons found throughout history.

I simply ask what iconic historical weaponry would you like to wield in game?

I'd personally like to see a kusarigama. (a sickle with a long chain attached to a heavy weight)

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I like the idea of that kusarigama thing, sounds like a weapon a boss in Darkmoor would wield. When Darkmoor comes and if your idea gets added I am farming for that thing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rusher2828 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Pirate 101 has a wide variety of weapons that are often based on weapons found throughout history.

I simply ask what iconic historical weaponry would you like to wield in game?

I'd personally like to see a kusarigama. (a sickle with a long chain attached to a heavy weight)
Welcome to the Message Boards, rusher2828! I would like to see a stabby/shooty combo based on a rifle with a bayonet!
I think Bonnie Anne would like it too!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Cool topic!

A karambit? I think the tigers in Marleybone have something like it, but it would be cool for a Swash. Or a companion. And the critical would be like it spinning really fast in one hand and then the companion would flip it over to the next hand before attacking.

Or...

A fidget spinner. I kid you not, those things hurt . They would work well in a battle between a long-haired adversary. Spin it real fast and then let it go into the enemy's hair. I think this would work well for a Privateer. Or a Musketeer.

Misty Lvl 49

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Personally, I'd like to see some smaller, more elegant and subtle weapons. My witchdoctor would like a string of beads or roll some bones to cast her spells.

My perky privateer would really appreciate a nice slim, spyglass, after all, she's directing her troops not smashing rocks.

As in Game of Thrones - could swashbucklers have a dangerous Needle? To stick them with the pointy end?

A lady Musketeer with a tiny derringer could still do some nice damage at close range if she so chose..

Buccaneers adore their jade spear, so something similarly decorous would be nice.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Nunchucks? A blow dart gun like the troggies have, musketeers can't loot those. A two handed spear with stabbing animations for buccaneers. All fresh ideas for the game in my opinion

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Cool topic!

A karambit? I think the tigers in Marleybone have something like it, but it would be cool for a Swash. Or a companion. And the critical would be like it spinning really fast in one hand and then the companion would flip it over to the next hand before attacking.

Or...

A fidget spinner. I kid you not, those things hurt . They would work well in a battle between a long-haired adversary. Spin it real fast and then let it go into the enemy's hair. I think this would work well for a Privateer. Or a Musketeer.

Misty Lvl 49
In the game League of Legends there is a character named Sivir who wields a weapon called a "cross blade".
It's made up of four blades that make an "X" pattern that spins around the circular grip.
I think that comes as close to a fidget spinner weapon as you can get. That'd be really cool to see in game.

If Kingsisle ever comes out with Mirage in Pirate101 that would be fun to see as a dropable weapon.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, rusher2828! I would like to see a stabby/shooty combo based on a rifle with a bayonet!
Sounds really cool. Hopefully she'll get a promotion one day that sticks a big blade on the end of her sniper rifle.

There are some neat weapons like the Apache Pepperbox Knuckleduster (brass knuckels with a revolver built over the thumb) or the Eligen Cutlass Pistol that we be fun to see in the game.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirates often used the butt of their pistols as weapons

We could get a pistol which gives a power card which lets us attack with the butt of the pistol and debuff the enemies dodge or accuracy?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It would be interesting to have a sword-cane. It could be smashy/slashy, smashy/stabby, or, even better, smashy/slashy/stabby. You could slash and stab with the sword, and bash and defend with the hilt/cane. Probably have to be a crown item or super super rare if it was 3 kinds of attacks.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
I second that Fair Lass!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
It would be interesting to have a sword-cane. It could be smashy/slashy, smashy/stabby, or, even better, smashy/slashy/stabby. You could slash and stab with the sword, and bash and defend with the hilt/cane. Probably have to be a crown item or super super rare if it was 3 kinds of attacks.
When I first saw Deacon, that's the kind of weapon I thought he had.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Id personally like to see some more Nordic weapons and maybe some Celtic Bows.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
Amber hawksong on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Id personally like to see some more Nordic weapons and maybe some Celtic Bows.
Musketeers using longbows would be amazing!

If grizzleheim ever comes out I'm sure we'll get to see a lot of those kinds of weapons.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
I would love to have ninja weapons, such as

shurikans
kunais
daggers(ninja used daggers as well as kunais)
and lastly
kantana's

it would be cool if there was a sub-class of swashbuckler called ninja, right?

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
We need more one handed swords ;-;

Cause i wanted to make my look like a real duelist and i want a cool sword to switch wit

Dandy Caleb Warren: Level 70

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
justin112955 on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
We need more one handed swords ;-;

Cause i wanted to make my look like a real duelist and i want a cool sword to switch wit

Dandy Caleb Warren: Level 70
Agreed.

Duel wielding daggers is fun and all but I'd love to see a french or spanish rapier.