Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A way to get a ninja pig companion!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
First, a little insight as to where this idea came from:

Valencian steed: To celebrate the new level cap increase and new expansion into Valencia, a new kind of a promotion ran. If you had an active membership or had bought crowns in the time frame that KI had given, you were rewarded with a Valencian steed, a mount that no longer has any way of getting it (the closest thing being the buccaneer version).

Ninja pig (Shinobi) companion: (Not having this special porker myself, this is just a "to my understanding" version of how players got him to join your crew) Around the beginning of Pirate101, players were emailed a map of El dorado. On that map was a code that had to be deciphered. After deciphering the code you would enter it into the "redeem code" section of the Pirate101 website. This companion, like the Cat Pirate, is completely unobtainable now.

Now your probably wonder what this info has to do with my idea of a Ninja pig companion.

Mooshu has 3 skyways we have yet to travel into (one in each skyway), People REALLY want their own Ninja pig (Shinobi), the Valencian steed was a special give away mount.

Ok, let me just be direct and stop running around the point; when our pirates continue further into Mooshu, I say we have a similar promotion, only instead of a mount we get the Ninja pig (Throwing star)!

This way:
A. The Ninja pig (Shinobi) remains a unique companion to those who have it.
B. Players have a way of getting a Ninja pig companion that is also unique.

Let me know what you think of this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on May 8, 2017 wrote:

Valencian steed: To celebrate the new level cap increase and new expansion into Valencia, a new kind of a promotion ran. If you had an active membership or had bought crowns in the time frame that KI had given, you were rewarded with a Valencian steed, a mount that no longer has any way of getting it (the closest thing being the buccaneer version).

Ninja pig (Shinobi) companion: (Not having this special porker myself, this is just a "to my understanding" version of how players got him to join your crew) Around the beginning of Pirate101, players were emailed a map of El dorado. On that map was a code that had to be deciphered. After deciphering the code you would enter it into the "redeem code" section of the Pirate101 website. This companion, like the Cat Pirate, is completely unobtainable now.

Now your probably wonder what this info has to do with my idea of a Ninja pig companion.

Mooshu has 3 skyways we have yet to travel into (one in each skyway), People REALLY want their own Ninja pig (Shinobi), the Valencian steed was a special give away mount.

Ok, let me just be direct and stop running around the point; when our pirates continue further into Mooshu, I say we have a similar promotion, only instead of a mount we get the Ninja pig (Throwing star)!

This way:

This seems an OK idea, as ( unlike the Cat Pirate ) the Ninja Pig was NEVER retired.
The Ninja Pig is a swashbuckler, your Shinobi would be classed as a musketeer ( throwing star ).
As a special giveaway, then being removed from the game ( like the Valencian Steed ) this would be a good idea to promote Pirate101.
Perhaps for P101 upcoming 5th Birthday?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
gamerman129 on May 8, 2017 wrote:

This way:

Yes, this would be a great idea, Gamerman129!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on May 9, 2017 wrote:
This seems an OK idea, as ( unlike the Cat Pirate ) the Ninja Pig was NEVER retired.
The Ninja Pig is a swashbuckler, your Shinobi would be classed as a musketeer ( throwing star ).
As a special giveaway, then being removed from the game ( like the Valencian Steed ) this would be a good idea to promote Pirate101.
Perhaps for P101 upcoming 5th Birthday?
Actually I kinda like your idea more.
Since the original Ninja pig was given to players during Pirate101's beginning, a special birthday present (aka the throwing star Ninja pig I've been going on about ) would be a nice gift, weather a redeemable code or a temporary crown shop companion (like the special Christmas companions) during Pirate101's birthday.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
I was pretty gutted when I found out the ninja pig companion was an American exclusive companion, so I guess this is a good idea to make up for all the players that "qualified" for the companion but didn't live in the right place to get it. (But seriously KI give your non-American players an exclusive companion too, perfect time to do that on Pirate101's 5th birthday)

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
I always had a theory never tested it. Maybe if we kill 1000 ninja pigs (shinobi) we can buy them in the crown shop. If stone player can test it would be cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
I always had a theory never tested it. Maybe if we kill 1000 ninja pigs (shinobi) we can buy them in the crown shop. If stone player can test it would be cool.
I have all the "defeat" badges. There's no reward for any of those except the badge. And there's no category for ninja pigs.
Post Edit: 1000 defeats is a gruesomely large number ( why is this number always used by you? ) The most I had to defeat is up to 250.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PvP King on May 10, 2017 wrote:
I was pretty gutted when I found out the ninja pig companion was an American exclusive companion, so I guess this is a good idea to make up for all the players that "qualified" for the companion but didn't live in the right place to get it. (But seriously KI give your non-American players an exclusive companion too, perfect time to do that on Pirate101's 5th birthday)
It's too bad that this pet was only available to players in America ( I wonder why it should be so? ) Surely a code doesn't recognize a country's boundaries?

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Well pirate crew says that not all secrets have been found in game. Maybe a secret location in Mooshu? Who knows it might be in some hidden rock or wall we missed or secret boss spawn without an icon like the spider in coursair channel. For all we know it might not even be in Mooshu. All we know a secret ship is swimming with 3% spawn chance with a chance to drop a companion. Again the possibilities are countless.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
anecorbie on May 10, 2017 wrote:
It's too bad that this pet was only available to players in America ( I wonder why it should be so? ) Surely a code doesn't recognize a country's boundaries?
It was physically mailed to players (along with the map to El Dorado) who also had Wizard101 accounts, and once you deciphered the code to the Ninja Pig companion, it's yours. Due to extra charges that would come along with the package if sent outside of America, KI decided not to send it across the globe which is understandable, but didn't do anything to make up for it as of yet (didn't send any via email to those that are far away, didn't give a "make up" companion to other long-time customers outside of America who weren't able to get the Ninja Pig).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 11, 2017 wrote:
Well pirate crew says that not all secrets have been found in game. Maybe a secret location in Mooshu? Who knows it might be in some hidden rock or wall we missed or secret boss spawn without an icon like the spider in coursair channel. For all we know it might not even be in Mooshu. All we know a secret ship is swimming with 3% spawn chance with a chance to drop a companion. Again the possibilities are countless.
Defeating one of any of the 'Defeat' badges, gives you a 'badge discovered' notification. As I have fought and defeated all enemies everywhere, including the secret boss in the tunnels of the Scurvy Dog hideout, then there is no 'Defeat Ninja Pig' badge for a companion reward.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
PvP King on May 11, 2017 wrote:
It was physically mailed to players (along with the map to El Dorado) who also had Wizard101 accounts, and once you deciphered the code to the Ninja Pig companion, it's yours. Due to extra charges that would come along with the package if sent outside of America, KI decided not to send it across the globe which is understandable, but didn't do anything to make up for it as of yet (didn't send any via email to those that are far away, didn't give a "make up" companion to other long-time customers outside of America who weren't able to get the Ninja Pig).
Woah woah, back up. The email was sent to every Wizard101 account? (aside from out of america places)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
gamerman129 on May 11, 2017 wrote:
Woah woah, back up. The email was sent to every Wizard101 account? (aside from out of america places)
Nope, it was not emailed. If KI had a street address for you back then, it came as a piece of paper, an actual paper map in the box outside your house.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 12, 2017 wrote:
Nope, it was not emailed. If KI had a street address for you back then, it came as a piece of paper, an actual paper map in the box outside your house.
Ooooh ok. I was about to say "I should have my own Ninja pig then!"
Thx for clearing that bit up

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
You have probably seen some of the map that was sent out with the ninja pig code. It looks like those map scraps Avery wants.