Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An app to manage pets and companions.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Since KI have a mobile game division, I reckon one project they should undertake is to turn the companion management and pet training screens into an app that we can access on mobile devices. Another feature that would be fun is to add the mini games like the shooting gallery into it. That way we can manage our crew on the fly away from the pc, restock our yum bottles and whatnot.

If our backpack gets full, than the usual messages that the items have been sent to our backpack and we should log into the game to empty the backpack.

If this was made a reality I would happily spend money purchasing this app for the sheer convenience.

And thoughts or ideas?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A pirate101 accessory game is an app that I might consider.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
King Crimson on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Since KI have a mobile game division, I reckon one project they should undertake is to turn the companion management and pet training screens into an app that we can access on mobile devices. Another feature that would be fun is to add the mini games like the shooting gallery into it. That way we can manage our crew on the fly away from the pc, restock our yum bottles and whatnot.

If our backpack gets full, than the usual messages that the items have been sent to our backpack and we should log into the game to empty the backpack.

If this was made a reality I would happily spend money purchasing this app for the sheer convenience.

And thoughts or ideas?
This is a good idea. We need some sort of Pirate101 companion app, even if it's simpler than this. At least give us the equivalent to Wizard's Grub Guardian.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
King Crimson on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:

And thoughts or ideas?
Great idea!

This is something that I suggested & requested some time back...& I think that it would be a fantastic fit for P101. Also it would be a great way to stir up interest in both KI's mobile gaming development & in the Spiral as well. Those that would be willing to pay for the app, would/could also be automatically introduced to some of their other mobile games. And those familiar with other KI games & into apps (yet unfamiliar with P101) would likewise be introduced to P101 just by searching & checking out KI apps & mobile games. A lot of productive things occur when different worlds collide.

I absolutely think that at least an app to manage all of our pets, would be well received & would be so useful. It could include multiple search options including, search by: pet type, manifested talents/grants, hybrids, pets by world, pets by housing location/storage, pets by like/dislikes, pets by age & so on. I haven't been in game lately, but at one point I had well over 1000 pets scattered across my pirates and their houses. I was dedicated to morphing meet ups & requests (1000+...easily). It was hard to keep track of all of the pets & finding that "perfect match-pet" for individual requests was pretty daunting. I sorted & used a spreadsheet to keep track for a while, but that proved too time consuming &/or tedious.

To have an app that could "instantly" point you to a specific pet/talent, handle feeding/training when offline from the game, set companion tasks & collect from them...would be SWEEEETT!! Most days I only had enough time at the computer to collect/train two times a day. All of that idle time in between sure made it hard to raise pets to adult. (Though, I suppose that is the thinking/planning of the Crowns aspect of speeding up training. "Can't get in game enough...buy some Crowns & Mega packs, reset timers & voila!")

With all of the players across both games, I imagine that a management app would do rather well & bring in both revenue & new players.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I like the idea, and it need be only as simple as collecting companion mission results and putting them in your backpack and sending them out again, and finishing pet training, feeding them snacks, and training them again.

As a bonus, it could warn you when a companion or pet finishes. But that could get annoying.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Max DeGroot on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I like the idea, and it need be only as simple as collecting companion mission results and putting them in your backpack and sending them out again, and finishing pet training, feeding them snacks, and training them again.

As a bonus, it could warn you when a companion or pet finishes. But that could get annoying.
I agree on keeping the apps fairly simple.

But I do see the use in & need for a pet/item locator with some sort of search feature. I've encountered (in-game & on the forums) numerous players that long for a way to locate a certain pet. Many of them/us have spent so much unnecessary time searching from house-to-house, player-to-player, account-to-account -- just to find a specific pet &/or trait. There are a ton of morphing enthusiasts that have pets piled up every which way possible. The lack/limit of bank/pack space combined with the many locations we can store items (across multiple pirates/accounts/houses) and the ever-growing population of new pets and hybrids, really makes it a time-constraint & inconvenience to go searching.

A simple sort feature in a management app would cut out the searching, logging out & back in, players waiting, not knowing if their morphing partner is even coming back and the house hopping -- leaving much more fun to engage in the fun stuff.

Imagine how great this scenario would be (especially for morphing enthusiasts)...

"Does any one have a fluffy little Bunnicorn that grants relentless, rally, riposte and x/x/x...?"
"Hmmm, let me check..."
<20 seconds later, after touching a couple of buttons on a phone>
"Yep, sure do -- let me move it into my pack via my handy, dandy PAM (Pet App Management)"
"Wow, that was fast! I was about to start spinning and come back after dinner & mowing the grass!"

Many other MMO games have sorting/management apps that allow for both carrying out of daily routine activities & the sorting/searching/moving of items across different characters/accounts. Some of the apps are even created by fans/players & other third parties & become official apps sponsored by the the game's developers. If KI can create brand new mobile games/apps, I think they could handle a management app...and many pirates would gladly pay for that.

Not sure how many pirates paid for non-P101 related apps/mobile games.........