Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions should be given same # of talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2016
There is no reason that the various companions shouldn't have roughly the same number of talents as each other given their level. This isn't to say that Bonnie Anne couldn't have slightly more, or another such top notch companion couldn't be slightly favored, but it is to say that regardless of the companion all companions should have roughly the same number of total talents given their level. When the game first come out we weren't allowed to pick the companions that came up per battle and for some stupid reason the programmers thought it best to make some companions awesome and others as horrible and worthless as could be to make the game more challenging. Those days are gone and over and we can now play the companions we like the best and send the other away on tasks or strand them in our homes. What hasn't been changed is the leveling off the number of talents companions have, I'd really like to play some of my beasts but lets face it animal companions barely have any talents at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
spittingsea on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
There is no reason that the various companions shouldn't have roughly the same number of talents as each other given their level. This isn't to say that Bonnie Anne couldn't have slightly more, or another such top notch companion couldn't be slightly favored, but it is to say that regardless of the companion all companions should have roughly the same number of total talents given their level. When the game first come out we weren't allowed to pick the companions that came up per battle and for some stupid reason the programmers thought it best to make some companions awesome and others as horrible and worthless as could be to make the game more challenging. Those days are gone and over and we can now play the companions we like the best and send the other away on tasks or strand them in our homes. What hasn't been changed is the leveling off the number of talents companions have, I'd really like to play some of my beasts but lets face it animal companions barely have any talents at all.
All companions have the same talent choices, I think you're mixing up talents ( like agility ) with Epics ( like Relentless )
I think you've exaggerated about some companions being worthless, I've used some of those "worthless" companions in battle with good results. It's all in how you train them & use them.