Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 and the Mirage Connection

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been watching the many videos on Mirage ( test realm ) for Wizard101, and I must say I'm very, very impressed by the enviroments and NPCs of this world - the artists and modelers of KI have certainly progressed through the years!
But what has this to do with Pirate101? Well, there's an NPC called Burdey ( a Cat or as W101 calls him, a Qhat ) he speaks in the same manner as our Catbeard. So are we absolutely sure that CB originated in Marleybone? What about Emerson, Lucy Sterling, & Malik? Their clothes are Miragean ( is that a word? ) wear.
In the Thief's Den in Mirage, you'll also see our dear friend Boochbeard chatting with another patron at the bar.
So, in conclusion, I'm asking my fellow Marauders if they think it's possible that we may get Mirage?

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
I think it is very possible! Mirage isn't my favorite in Wizard101, probably 4th or 5th on my favorite W101 worlds list, but I think it could be more interesting in Pirate101! It's not for sure Catbeard is from Mirage, but its a maybe!

- Darling Brittany Neels

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
ratbeard somewhat confirmed this a while ago.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
It's defiantly possible, mirage has a ton more in common with pirate than wizard, corruption, armies of warriors, ancient treasures to find, for crying out loud they had an entire city controlled by thieves. For our next world? Most likely not, there really isn't anything to bring us to mirage, no map piece, not even any references I can really find in the game. I think the reason pirates influences were felt so heavily in mirage has something to do with the conjoint efforts of the pirate and wizard teams, by which I mean they worked together on this one (certainly explains the update actually having a story "cough" wizard arc 2 "cough). I heard something about the wizard & pirate teams being merged together after the layoff so I think that's why. Not to mention I am super excited for the next world to pirate! Please be darkmoor or grizzleheim! Sorry but I really didn't care for krokotopia, maybe dragonspyre!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nefarious alex on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
ratbeard somewhat confirmed this a while ago.
Can you tell me in which post he said this? I'm an avid reader of the Boards and I think I would have noticed something like this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratical505 on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
It's defiantly possible, mirage has a ton more in common with pirate than wizard, corruption, armies of warriors, ancient treasures to find, for crying out loud they had an entire city controlled by thieves. For our next world? Most likely not, there really isn't anything to bring us to mirage, no map piece, not even any references I can really find in the game. I think the reason pirates influences were felt so heavily in mirage has something to do with the conjoint efforts of the pirate and wizard teams, by which I mean they worked together on this one (certainly explains the update actually having a story "cough" wizard arc 2 "cough). I heard something about the wizard & pirate teams being merged together after the layoff so I think that's why. Not to mention I am super excited for the next world to pirate! Please be darkmoor or grizzleheim! Sorry but I really didn't care for krokotopia, maybe dragonspyre!
Yes, Wizard & Pirate teams were merged over a year ago. I'm hoping more for side content in the next up-date. With the end of the first story arc, we have no idea what is going to happen next.
Worlds in running for the next "new" world:
Polaris - definitely a possible as it has a direct story connection.
Grizzleheim & Krokotopia - the last two "origin" worlds to be explored ( plus, Krokotopia has an Armada connection. )
Darkmoor - home of Madame Vadima and it has a few mentions in the storyline.
Raja - has a connection to our pirate's parents.
and lastly, because there is nothing connecting these worlds to the storyline:
Dragonspyre & Mirage.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Well, I am pretty sure I saw the Mirage world icon in a stormgate passage. There may be some, such as with the cats, but we'll have to wait and see.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I hope so. Wizard Mirage looks very impressive!

-Indigo

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
I've been watching the many videos on Mirage ( test realm ) for Wizard101, and I must say I'm very, very impressed by the enviroments and NPCs of this world - the artists and modelers of KI have certainly progressed through the years!
But what has this to do with Pirate101? Well, there's an NPC called Burdey ( a Cat or as W101 calls him, a Qhat ) he speaks in the same manner as our Catbeard. So are we absolutely sure that CB originated in Marleybone? What about Emerson, Lucy Sterling, & Malik? Their clothes are Miragean ( is that a word? ) wear.
In the Thief's Den in Mirage, you'll also see our dear friend Boochbeard chatting with another patron at the bar.
So, in conclusion, I'm asking my fellow Marauders if they think it's possible that we may get Mirage?
I agree Fair Lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
if we get mirage, I would scream so loud the far end of Monquista could hear it!

Ensign
Feb 08, 2012
I don't want Pirate to keep borrowing from Wizard101. They gave us Aquila, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, heck, even Valencia and Monquista were mentioned in the game before they came out. I think it would be cool if we got an original world, either completely new or one that doesn't already exist in Wizard. Such as Darkmoor, which seems to have some interesting lore. Maybe Empyrea?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BionicMyth on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I don't want Pirate to keep borrowing from Wizard101. They gave us Aquila, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, heck, even Valencia and Monquista were mentioned in the game before they came out. I think it would be cool if we got an original world, either completely new or one that doesn't already exist in Wizard. Such as Darkmoor, which seems to have some interesting lore. Maybe Empyrea?
Yes, BionicMyth, I do agree with your view point that P101 can stand alone and be separate from Wizard101, however both games inhabit the same universe: the Spiral, therefore it will probably happen that Pirates and Wizards will be sharing worlds. Plus it's economically feasible to reuse worlds.
We do have worlds that are original to this game that Wizard doesn't have: Skull Island, Monquista ( which has only the Monkeys in Azteca ), and Cool Ranch. Wizard only has Olympus, which isn't an actual world but a series of dungeons, we have Aquila as a world.
We don't have Dragonsyre, we have Avernus, which is only a Skyway, used as a means to get into Valencia. Since the five "origin" worlds are key to your character's creation, I assume we'll be visiting Grizzleheim and Krokotopia.
Darkmoor wouldn't be completely new to us as it is a series of dungeons in Wizard, it's also the home of Madame Vadima and "the Evil Spirit before there was a Spiral" ( from Thunderbird's story about the Duck of Death. and players of both games can be sure that this is possibly Grandfather Spider ).
I know nothing about Empyrea except for the fact that rainbow ink comes from skysquids in that world. As a completely "new" world, what about Rajah?

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but darkmoor is a side world in wiz and empyrea has also been mentioned and i.theorized to be the next world after mirage.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Plus, Empyrea probably is gonna be wizard's next world, and also anecorbie, I have a theory that the duck of death is just grandfather spider in a disguise, ALSO, anecorbie, I like the idea of rajah being the next pirate world, that would be cool!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I don't think it will be the next world but I do think we will get mirage at some point