Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 10-21-16

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 04, 2013
I would have to say that my most memorable moments over the past 4 years of playing this amazing game is the fact that I have made some really great friendships through what Kings Isle has done! I have met a wonderful questing partner & we are on our 2nd pirate together where we ONLY quest when the other is available so we can help each other in the battles along with port to each other for talking to people or dropping off items. As a Desert Storm veteran and long time P101 player my questing partner has benefited from my military strategy & has learned to utilize a plethora of what I have learned from my experiences here.

In conclusion I would like to thank the KI team for this wonderful opportunity for a Retied Disabled veteran to have a chance to get away from real life & immerse into a fantasy world with no repercussions.

Thank You!

Ensign
Nov 07, 2008
My favorite memory was just recently getting two of the four Armada Companions. They are very helpful with quests and such. I love the talents they have and the powers they use on the battlefield. I also like the cracks on the masks of them, it looks creepy but cool at the same time! Anyway, good luck to everyone in the contest!

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
Most favorite memory of Pirate101 is when I finally got my wife to play the game with me, now we sail the spiral together with nothing standing in our way! I also loved hitting nautical Lvl 70 and maxing out our characters! We love it so much we have now started new Characters to boot! Love it Pirate101! Truly!

Aaargly yours,

Liam Killerny
Admiral

Ensign
Aug 01, 2009
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
I started playing Wizard101 when I saw the very first commercial on TV at 10 years old. I had played, and played, and have bought many memberships. When my Wizards had reached a high enough level I decided to take a long break.... until Pirate101.

My father is a server on Wizard101, and when he had disclosed information on Pirate101, I figured this game would have a lot of potential. Next thing I know, I am playing every. Single. Day. I kept buying memberships, and my interest for Wizard101 slowly declined, while my interest for Pirate101 never stopped. I am playing Pirate101 now and I am 15, and I love it! When Pirate101 came out, I knew Wizard101 has a test realm, so I figured Pirate101 must have one! When I found out Pirate101 did have a test realm, that was my favorite moment.

To me, test realms are awesome. I check if it's online every day, and I love how people (with a membership) receive free crowns! The things in Pirate101 are so cool, and I am able to try everything I wanted out! Having crowns is also great because it benefits you as well, because the players look for glitches with crown shop items and report them for fixing. I love the idea of having "fake" currencies because it demonstrates to players how it feels to have these currencies and might encourage them to buy some.

-Clever Warwick Randall

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
My favorite memory is the day that I hit the end of mooshu. This was back in the days when we only got to the end of mooshu then we had not much to do. I made some friends (most of whom stopped playing) and it was a jolly time worthy of a pirate!

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
I have been a player of Wizard101 since almost the beginning. And a player of Pirate101 since day one. When I first started playing it was with my brother, and we played so much, that we memorized the maps of Wizard City Commons, Unicorn way, The Shopping District, Olde Town etc. and we played for approximately 3 years before either of us got our first membership. He played Life and I played Death, together we were almost unstoppable. When we first got our memberships it was a Christmas gift from me to him and I think that right there is my favourite memory. After playing for so long he and I were finally able to explore the Spiral together. That Christmas he also made me a wooden wand like that my character used. It was a level 15 Life wand that looked like a snake, and it was super awesome! So that is my story :)

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I love playing Pirate101. When it came out, I was in 6th grade. I'm a sophomore now, and I still play it daily or whenever I have the time. It's inspired a lot of my original characters, and given me a lot of ideas and good times. The people I've met on here have become some of my best friends. It's helped me cope with some hard times, and helped me be happy countless times. This game has also introduced me to my all-time favorite video game character, Louis Le Bisque, though I don't quite know why he's become my favorite. His dialogue has always made me smile, and he's one of the most useful companions. Keep it up, Kingsisle. Pirate101 will always be a part of me.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2012
My favorite memory was when I hit max level on my buccaneer, I've already went through the story twice, so I didn't have much more tolerance for another character, it took way longer than my others, but I was so happy when I hit that 70 mark. That was probably my favorite memory of this game.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
This is the very first time I have ever posted on the message boards, so please don't hate me. I have had a number of favorite memories, but I guess one sticks out more than the others. Back in 2012 I started Pirate101 I believe during a break from school. I loved the game to bits and played it during all my spare time, I even got my cousin to play the game with me (which said cousin doesn't do anymore for some reason). So when school started back I got mountains of projects, reports, speeches, etc. and overtime I didn't have the time to play Pirate101 anymore. Then I had to get a new computer which deleted Pirate101 and I completely forgot about it after that. About three years later, my cousin (not the same one mentioned before) asked who were all my favorite characters, then I remembered Fin Dorsal and Deacon. And so, I got back into Pirate101. I left off the game on my old character in Cool Ranch (I've always been a crowns player till now) at the quest "Setting Things Right" and I never bought the area for Hidden Valley Ranch. So I got a fresh start with a new character I named Jenny (ironically, she even has red hair like the player's mother) and got back to where I was previously. I bought Hidden Valley Ranch and got to "Scorpion Marks the Spot." Then Merriweather Clark said, "I've lived a quiet life for twenty years, and now I'm attacked by Outlaws and Bison in the same day!" When he said, "The same day," I cringed so hard I rolled into the floor and rethought my life thinking, "Yeah... The same day... Okay..."
I'm sorry if my favorite memory is cringey, but the irony will forever haunt me. And now I must wonder... if Merriweather Clark doesn't know how to tell years from days.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
My favorite memory was back when the game first came out. I had been saving for a few days to buy a ship for 5000. This was back when you could buy a skiff from the skull island ship vendor so you cant do this now but anyway, i had been saving for a skull island skiff and i even had to bribe my sister, who my parents were making me share the computer with, just to let me play long enough to get that much. It felt so rewarding just to get that small ship that made feel like a real pirate. That was my favorite memory when i finally got that ship.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2016
I haven't personally been playing Pirate101 all that long, but I'd have to say my favourite memory was the first time I got to go through Avernus to Valencia. It was absolutely beautiful! And getting to see Valentia in all its glory got me so so so excited to really know what the game was all about. There was a feeling of mystery, like the underworkings of the Armada weren't totally obvious to us, and a feeling of excitement.

I was playing with my partner, and I remember when we got there, and I saw the giant floating clockwork machine in the center of it, I just said...

"I don't know what's up there, but I wanna get to the top and beat up whatever there is."

I hope that's suffice for this! The Kane mask is super super super cool. :D

Ensign
Jun 15, 2016
I think my favourite memory in Pirate101 was when I got the quest to go to Valencia for the first time. I hadn't been playing long, but me and my partner(I was a Witchdoctor, and they were a Musketeer) were SUPER excited to get there for the first time! And it was absolutely amazing, getting to go through Avernus, and they were telling me all about all the worlds in the Spiral, and told me how Avernus was like Dragonspire from Wizards. I was hyped!

When we got there, we got to marvel in awe at the dragons, and the fiery landscape, and we couldn't wait to go back. Then, when we got to Valencia, I knew Pirate101 was probably the coolest game I've ever played. Clockwork boats, tales of enslavement, and best of all, the machine in the center of the area. I remember it like it was yesterday, when I saw it with my partner. I said...

"I don't know what that is, or what's up there, but I wanna get to the top of it, and beat up whatever may be there."

Thanks for such a wonderful game!

Ensign
Jan 23, 2016
I actually played on and off for a little bit because I was still super busy with my balance main on Wizards, and I got super into it when my fiance pulled a pirate character out of his hat and I remembered I had an account. Tbh, I'm really ecstatic over this game and all the new worlds and companions. I think the best thing I've experienced so far was after the Monquista arc where you get to have a glimpse of Valencia. I absolutely lost it. The clockwork armada and all the gears-y aesthetics are a big thing for me and I was really excited??? I had been listening to Kane's music on YouTube for a while before that so to actually SEE the guy in the puppet show and get to Valencia? A+++++ (Especially seeing the clockwork soldiers in the Gold Mine... the animations for them... are wonderful.)
Anyway, I wish I could say I've played this game longer, because I totally would have. Thanks Kingsisle for two great games that have made up a big chunk of my life so far.
Dreaming Iris Davenport

Ensign
Mar 23, 2016
My favorite memory on Pirate101 has to be when I created my Witchdocter.I just remebember watching BlazeLifeHammer and ZenmasterBlue so much,wanting to play these games and when I finally did,I got so happy!Im in Mooshu now,half way done!I think

Good luck,everyone

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
AHOY

I have many early memories of this game, most of them involve laughter.
I have friended some really cool people playing this game and I remember in the early days, when live realm just got its start, me and my friends tried to figure out the mechanics of each pirate class and their companions that this game provided. It always ended with frustration and joy.

Back in the early days, the only guaranteed companion to join you in battle was your first mate. The other companions that joined the fight was purely random. So trying to figure out which talents to equip them with was a chore.

But once we got things sorted out, running quests with friends, it was always nice seeing our builds at work.

Ensign
May 09, 2010
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
My favorite memory of Pirate101 was when I finally lvl up my witch doctor. Her powers often times reminded me of my myth wizard on Wizard101.

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
My best memory is getting to Cool Ranch for the first time, the voice actors you got to do these characters was spot on. I was laughing so often and running off to grab my partner saying "You gotta listen to this" and falling around laughing again. So yep after a few years I'm still a subscriber and I'm still playing yet another new character through the game (currently in Mooshu) and still enjoying it immensely. Still excited about what is still to come in the new worlds too.

Ensign
Jun 04, 2012
Well me and my Mommy are big fans of wizard 101 and still are and we were very excited when we heard you were making another game that was a good memory but if i had to pick my favorite memory it would have to be when my mommy's mount buffaloon's bell gets stuck in between rocks which makes use laugh pretty hard. All in all Pirate 101 will always be one of me and my Mommy's favorite games.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
My favorite memories is playing with friends and family. The events are so much fun. After about 8 years, to see members still here improving and updating the games constantly, I always come back to enjoying the spiral and it's many worlds. So here's to another 8 and hopefully many more.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2015
Hi so my best memory was when I was level 58 and I just got to Aquila. It was so amazing and I never thought I would get to that point but I did. And it took me just less than a year to get to that point and now I'm level 63. I'm hoping to get to level 70 soon. So I remember being in Marleybone after getting Catbeard and being able to go to Aquila, so I went to Monquista to talk to Gortez and gaining access to Aquila. I took a nice long video going through the stormgate because I was so excited. So right now I am about to do the Hydra quest. -Elizabeth Voss level 63 swashbuckler.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2010
My favorite memory was playing all the way through Pirate101 together with a friend. Alia and I have quested on Wizard101 and from the beginning of Pirate101. We have worked on six wizards and six pirates all the way to maximum levels. We have shared life and the two games together even though we live hundreds of miles apart.

I have enjoyed the overlapping of the worlds of the spiral between the games. My favorite world in P101 would be Cool Ranch. Tying together historical and movie bad guys (and good guys like El Toro and Rooster Cogburn) made the game fun and funny. Thanks for the game and the memories! What's next?

Ensign
Nov 12, 2010
I remember when I first tried the game back when it was still in beta. When the Boochbeard's Bundle came out, and I was in 5th grade, I knew I had to get it. Eventually, my dad stopped in 2013 and continued to play Wizard101, and my brother dropped both in 2014, but I kept playing and checking the Pirate101 Test everyday waiting for the next update. Now, I'm a freshman and I can easily say that both games have been the highlight of the last few years.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Firstly I just want to say how incredibly stressful it was to come up with a single "favorite" memory in the past 4 year, I'm sure many of you can relate!

Now I must admit, when I started playing I wasn't a fan of ship battles at all. In fact I found them to be such a pain that I would always ask a friend to help me when I'd reach a nautical quest. It was such a nuisance. I can't put a time frame on it at all but my first nautical "party" is one of my happiest memories. This was a completely random fleet that formed in Aquila one day, and what started out as maybe 4 or 5 ships grew to well over 30 by the time I left. Watching the enemy ships sink quicker than I could target them was great, but what made it such a wonderful memory was watching the crowd grow bit by bit.

Thanks for 4 amazing years of fun and adventure!

Ensign
Dec 28, 2011
I would have to say my best memory of this game was probably the first time I played it. My little brother, my best friend and I all started our characters together (Zane Percy, Aaron Percy, and John Percy) and went through the entire free-to-play part of the game (at the time, which was after The Presidio) together. Even years later I'm still playing and still having fun!

Ensign
Jan 27, 2010
In arduous times, of miring sublime, comrades and companions alike, we traversed through our home of the spiral, with little to nothing at first glance. As though it may have been only 4 years, this seems a millennia to me.
Though this may be taboo to some prospectors of vigil, 'twas a gratifying grandeur for me and many; role-playing.
With no monetary intent, I remember teleporting to fellow lads and lassies in the middle of a role-play session, either casually ignoring me, as I slowly try and ease into the conversation, or if chance might have it, they should linger in angst from my interference. I was once not so easily beguiled by commonplace games, but Pirate101 & Wizard101 always stuck out to me. There was no over eager competition between one another, and most pirates were open-minded or (respectfully) solemn kept to themselves. From sifting through the oceans of aventure, I would hope to find something specific in mind, to reminisce over & under thru, alas; this world has bewildered me, enthralled me, and enthused me one too many times over. Satisfaction is the key structure in practically all versus games, yet... KingsIsle focused on the elevation of not the casual self-reprise, but, to key in tune with their OWN mastery. I cannot ever thank you enough for everything the Spiral has done for me. Godspeed, Pirates!