Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dragon-Axe takes me forever to get

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
I'm so disappointed, i wish the drop rates were higher than they are now.

It takes me 2 hours to complete Moo Manchu. When i get nothing good, i feel really bad.
And the items i'm trying to get are Dragon-Axe of Doom and the scorpion swarm staff

I heard rumors about that if you don't use doubloons, you will get better drops, and if you will aim for the Buccaneer Nefarious 5th, you will more likely get the Dragon-Axe. I want to know if the rumors are true or not

Help!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Drop rates are randomly predictable......and all rumors are based on a sliver of fact yet none are true.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Hey everyone,
Moo Manchu does take a while to complete, even with a four-pirate team. And, on my swashbuckler, i haven't gotten the nefarious knives yet, but I have gotten the Moo hat, outfit, and boots. I think that perhaps the nefarious weapons have a bit of a lower drop rate, and as for what you said about attacking the nefarious pirate that has the weapon you want, i don't really know if that's true. I attacked and defeated Ignoble Jonathan Ashburn (Swash nefarious) a few times and it hasn't exactly influenced the results. I honestly think it is mostly luck. Just make sure you continue to farm and if you need to, drop in a few crowns for the chests. If the Dragon-Axe isn't dropping, then perhaps take a bit of a break or farm for a different good smash weapon, like Axe of the Minotaur Lords.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serenelle on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm so disappointed, i wish the drop rates were higher than they are now.

It takes me 2 hours to complete Moo Manchu. When i get nothing good, i feel really bad.
And the items i'm trying to get are Dragon-Axe of Doom and the scorpion swarm staff

I heard rumors about that if you don't use doubloons, you will get better drops, and if you will aim for the Buccaneer Nefarious 5th, you will more likely get the Dragon-Axe. I want to know if the rumors are true or not

Help!
There is NO way to manipulate drops, what you get is determined randomly from the Loot Table. Those players who tell you to do ( or don't do ) this, that or the other are full of hot air.
Use doubloons ( at any rate they make fights easier and shorter ) & defeat the Five in any order you can, sooner or later that Axe will be yours.
I have every rare drop from the Tower ( except one ) and I always use doubloons.
Good Luck!
( Those Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu will be mine! )

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey, how's it going?

I feel your frustration with not getting the drops you're after, however I'm sure you'll get them eventually, with persistence and a group of friends that will help make the run faster.

IN REGARDS TO THE RUMOURS...

THEY'RE BOGUS.

When KI came up with the idea of doubloons, they were really proud of it and pushed it's awesomeness as a viable, functional addition to the game. Taking into consideration the rumours that you hear, you should ask yourself this one question;

Why would KI intentionally introduce a (now core) game mechanic (I'm looking at you, Kane!) that punishes players for using it, whilst promoting said game mechanic as a good thing?

If doubloons did accidentally work like that, then KI would have patched it long ago.

If doubloons deliberately worked like that, than that would suggest that KI wanted to drive away players from a game that is struggling to maintain/improve its active player numbers (their bread and butter).

It doesn't make sense for KI to implement such a mechanic that negatively impacts their game and keep it there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
Hey, how's it going?

I feel your frustration with not getting the drops you're after, however I'm sure you'll get them eventually, with persistence and a group of friends that will help make the run faster.

IN REGARDS TO THE RUMOURS...

THEY'RE BOGUS.

When KI came up with the idea of doubloons, they were really proud of it and pushed it's awesomeness as a viable, functional addition to the game. Taking into consideration the rumours that you hear, you should ask yourself this one question;

Why would KI intentionally introduce a (now core) game mechanic (I'm looking at you, Kane!) that punishes players for using it, whilst promoting said game mechanic as a good thing?

If doubloons did accidentally work like that, then KI would have patched it long ago.

If doubloons deliberately worked like that, than that would suggest that KI wanted to drive away players from a game that is struggling to maintain/improve its active player numbers (their bread and butter).

It doesn't make sense for KI to implement such a mechanic that negatively impacts their game and keep it there.
Yar to infinity! We need more players like this - those who use their BRAINS.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
10 moo runs and 20 nefarious battles got me one pair of knives two death bargain and one skull mask. For witch this isn't very good I think the game hates me.
Reckless alex 70
Red wolf right 33
Bloody alex 30
Other characters

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nefarious alex on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
10 moo runs and 20 nefarious battles got me one pair of knives two death bargain and one skull mask. For witch this isn't very good I think the game hates me.
Reckless alex 70
Red wolf right 33
Bloody alex 30
Other characters
Baron Samedi's Mask ( the skull mask ) is one of the best drops for WD.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Yah, thanks everybody for telling me ;-)

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
You're welcome, and good luck! If anyone starts to give you grief over doubloons, send them to the forums. I know there are threads here that discuss how the loot tables work with input from Ratbeard and I think One-Eye Jack.

As for the running order of the nefarious 5, that can just come down to strategy, so plan away!

On a happy note (I feel the need to boast) my musketeer pried the Staff of Power from Moo Manchu today in her second run through on the tower ever. And do you know what? He was beaten off his pedestal by doubloon-summoned Minotaurs! Three of them!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
There is NO way to manipulate drops, what you get is determined randomly from the Loot Table. Those players who tell you to do ( or don't do ) this, that or the other are full of hot air.
Use doubloons ( at any rate they make fights easier and shorter ) & defeat the Five in any order you can, sooner or later that Axe will be yours.
I have every rare drop from the Tower ( except one ) and I always use doubloons.
Good Luck!
You got that right! Took me months to get that Dragon-Axe in Moo Manchu's Tower, but the time spent was worth it!

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
I'm all fine now,

I think that Axe of the Minotaur Lords is better than Dragon-Axe of Doom, but that's my opinion
I changed my mind, when i discovered the axe in my Swashbuckler's bank, i never knew that i had it.

Thanks anyways

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Serenelle on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
I'm all fine now,

I think that Axe of the Minotaur Lords is better than Dragon-Axe of Doom, but that's my opinion
I changed my mind, when i discovered the axe in my Swashbuckler's bank, i never knew that i had it.

Thanks anyways
HAHA! I know that feeling as well!

I was scrolling through my WD's bank when she hit lvl 30 to see what she could wear, and I completely forgot that I gave her Blood's Jacket 1 year prior when my musketeer grabbed it!

Congrats on your find.

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
Good Luck!
Glad we both have the same goal! The boots!

Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
King Crimson on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
HAHA! I know that feeling as well!

I was scrolling through my WD's bank when she hit lvl 30 to see what she could wear, and I completely forgot that I gave her Blood's Jacket 1 year prior when my musketeer grabbed it!

Congrats on your find.
Congrats!! I want Captain Blood's jacket myself. I hope i will be lucky enough to get it someday