Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which companions talk more?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Greetings!

I'm still fairly new to the game, I love the companion system, it's one of my favorite systems in games, I played the most well known, SWTOR and other Bioware games, and I have a few questions about the companions interactions here in P101.

Which one or ones talk most during the game? I really prefer talkative ones over silent ones.
Does the First Mate position matters on interaction, who's following you or even the ones you pick to use in battle?

From what I've seen so far, in order, Bonnie Anne seems the one that talks the most, then the second companion you get when you first meet Ratbeard, like Emmett or Mormo, and then Ratbeard himself after you get him, all the others just seem to have a few lines here and there, but not something larger than those above.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
Ricardo6802 on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
Greetings!

I'm still fairly new to the game, I love the companion system, it's one of my favorite systems in games, I played the most well known, SWTOR and other Bioware games, and I have a few questions about the companions interactions here in P101.

Which one or ones talk most during the game? I really prefer talkative ones over silent ones.
Does the First Mate position matters on interaction, who's following you or even the ones you pick to use in battle?

From what I've seen so far, in order, Bonnie Anne seems the one that talks the most, then the second companion you get when you first meet Ratbeard, like Emmett or Mormo, and then Ratbeard himself after you get him, all the others just seem to have a few lines here and there, but not something larger than those above.
Welcome to the Spiral! (btw, I've also played SWTOR. It's a lot of fun!)

So, simply put, all the companions that you meet along the main quest line are talkative. Companions you pick up from side quests, the Crown Shop, or from your trainer aren't going to talk at all, and the order you put them in really has no bearing on how talkative they are.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Welcome to the boards!

Only companions you receive in the main quest will ever speak more than once. Also, it depends on where in the story you are. For example, in the very beginning, your starter companion and Bonnie Anne will share the spotlight to speak. As your roster fills up, most of the time it will focus on the companion who is from that world, or knows a lot about the world's situation.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for the answers, I just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything I like Bonnie Anne for example, but I prefer to use a First Mate/Follower that is the same class as me and/or fits the class I am, in one of my classes case, Witchdoctor, Old Scratch, I'm kind of a perfectionist who likes keeping things in theme.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
Ricardo6802 on Aug 25, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the answers, I just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything I like Bonnie Anne for example, but I prefer to use a First Mate/Follower that is the same class as me and/or fits the class I am, in one of my classes case, Witchdoctor, Old Scratch, I'm kind of a perfectionist who likes keeping things in theme.
Right! Even though it's unpopular, I run a straight Witchdoctor group of companions in Valencia 2 (current end game) and it's pretty fun.

Don't miss out on the badge to unlock Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah in the Crown Shop: http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/NPC:Eep_Opp_Ork_Ah-Ah "You gain Crown Shop access to this companion if your Pirate defeats Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah 15 times to earn the badge Troggy Chief Tamer."

I usually bounce between Carcarius, Mormo, Old Scratch, Eep, and the Serpent Augur.

Fun times ahead!