Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Can't We Make Big Guns Will Based?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
There. I just solved a lot of problems. No more ridiculous damage output with no restrictions on line of sight or range. On the other hand, some "will-based" privateer powers are quite lackluster (the armor and weapon power ones come to mind), so why not make will more powerful? Make it so that 500 damage (non-critical) big guns can be reasonably achieved with a 100% will boost. Let a 100% will boost also buff the weapon/armor ones to do about +90 and see how that goes. Then keep most/all of the slashy type weapons strength based and the staffy ones will based.

Anything wrong with this?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bluba4 on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
There. I just solved a lot of problems. No more ridiculous damage output with no restrictions on line of sight or range. On the other hand, some "will-based" privateer powers are quite lackluster (the armor and weapon power ones come to mind), so why not make will more powerful? Make it so that 500 damage (non-critical) big guns can be reasonably achieved with a 100% will boost. Let a 100% will boost also buff the weapon/armor ones to do about +90 and see how that goes. Then keep most/all of the slashy type weapons strength based and the staffy ones will based.

Anything wrong with this?
When Old Scratch can give you the boost for that kind of damage already? Do you really need to ask that?

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
When Old Scratch can give you the boost for that kind of damage already? Do you really need to ask that?
Old scratch gives way more damage than 500. That's why I started this thread - people want to nerf old scratch. I think the problem is more about the big guns than old scratch since it doesn't require line of sight to use. Also it makes will boosting more effective for privateers. It's not that the damage platform can't already be reached, it's that the way of doing so is not only a bit out of control but also completely predictable.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
bluba4 on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Old scratch gives way more damage than 500. That's why I started this thread - people want to nerf old scratch. I think the problem is more about the big guns than old scratch since it doesn't require line of sight to use. Also it makes will boosting more effective for privateers. It's not that the damage platform can't already be reached, it's that the way of doing so is not only a bit out of control but also completely predictable.
So in order for guns to even do a solid amount of damage, then we have to use our rallying call, so we can do a little damage that is very predictable. Scratch is also very predictable, so how predictable it's going to be isn't really a problem. So, what about the privy who don't use scratch? I don't use scratch and my bomBs do 423 damage unboosted (i think). So now our bombs will do like 300 damage, which can be healed off by a regroup..... it's not scratch that's the problem. A 100% boosted mournsong does about 40% to nausica. It's that people don't like the fact that witches and privies can be a bit more offensive for 2 turns than a buckler. Also, 90 armor weapon power and resist is a lot.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Celestialmaster147 on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
So in order for guns to even do a solid amount of damage, then we have to use our rallying call, so we can do a little damage that is very predictable. Scratch is also very predictable, so how predictable it's going to be isn't really a problem. So, what about the privy who don't use scratch? I don't use scratch and my bomBs do 423 damage unboosted (i think). So now our bombs will do like 300 damage, which can be healed off by a regroup..... it's not scratch that's the problem. A 100% boosted mournsong does about 40% to nausica. It's that people don't like the fact that witches and privies can be a bit more offensive for 2 turns than a buckler. Also, 90 armor weapon power and resist is a lot.
I have no problem with offensive privateers or witchdoctors. The difference between mournsong and big guns is that big guns doesn't require line of sight and so can be spammed from turn one, with the extra damage starting on turn two. Considering the moo gear, it's entirely possible if you boost critical chances on the first turn to kill a character using only big guns with old scratch. That is why I would like to see a MINOR nerf to the big guns.

The other reason to make it will based is so you actually use things like rallying call. The monkey companion would be more helpful as well. If 500 damage isn't enough, then make it 650 or 700, but not 800 - 1000. I just think will would make more sense. Big guns doesn't look or feel like a spell anyways.

And 90 weapon power is a lot, but is it really more dangerous than a forted nausica with 250 extra weapon power? These powers are NEVER seen in higher level pvp right now, so why not make them more relevant? Maybe it would help privateers be more, ahem, offensive without having to use cheap spams.