Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for KI

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
Why did you change the crab model from classic looking Birgus Latro look to the new bumpy one? I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but the original one wins nostalgia points.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Cody Lighthunter on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Why did you change the crab model from classic looking Birgus Latro look to the new bumpy one? I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but the original one wins nostalgia points.
Uh... I don't follow. What?

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
Before they updated the rat quests in the Traitors Cave, one of them had a quest to defeat Buster Crab and save his niece. Buster Crab looked like the companion you can get from the presidio, called Birgus Latro. The way the Red Claws look are a new, enhanced version of the appearance of the crab enemy.

Sorry if this next thing sounds rude, I didn't intend it to be, but is your account new? Or made AFTER they updated the rat quests?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! I remember that!

To recall, before they updated these quests, they were merely short quests that were... well... unsatisfactory to many that expected pure adventure, lore, & unique enemy mob variety in these quests. Plus, I couldn't tell Buster Crab's appearance between the former Red Claw Crabs' appearances. Honestly, before that, they were just boring, & now, they're not any longer.

Here's a reminder about this, quoted by One-Eyed Jack...

"Skull Island Expansion
This is specifically an update to the three rats quests (Manny, Moe, and Jack in Traitor’s Cave).

We've never been fully satisfied with this crucial area of the game, and after a lot of hard work, it's looking pretty amazing and now more closely matches the "three streets" of Wizard101’s Wizard City. This quest line strove to match this layout but never fully did . . . until now! New pirates coming to the game (and the rest of us going through the game a second and third time) are going to have a better picture of life on Skull Island with improved pacing, better story lines, more value, and richer lore.
"

I'm very happy with the rat quests updates, & while some of you may miss them in what they were, I feel it was worth updating them. And seeing Buster Crab getting his new cool look & the Red Claw Gang factor playing an actual role in the storyline. Remember, Buster knows Bonnie Anne, who he calls her "Miss Fancy Airs Anne", to recall.

Though, if those of you chose Milo Graytail & recruited him after finishing the Presidio dungeon, & are doing his promotion quests, I think there may be some revision work for KI to do, since I believe there are parts of their storyline featuring the former Red Claw enemies in Jack's former quest, "The Claws of Justice". You think they should be replaced by Rouge Claw Crabs, those defected from that gang & were at each other for many years? It's a thought for revising Milo's promo quests.

I've been around since playing W101 & was a P101 beta tester.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
i disagree with you guys. I much prefered the original quests, because they where short.

And the NEW quests are so long. bunching all those quests back into one would be better, at least for me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
pirate crusher on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
i disagree with you guys. I much prefered the original quests, because they where short.

And the NEW quests are so long. bunching all those quests back into one would be better, at least for me.
If they left him as he was, would he not be a part of W101's Five B.O.X.E.S. Event?

You may miss how the old Buster Crab was, but I like Buster Crab and the Red Claw Gang as they are now, because they have a more active role in the storyline. Plus, he was also a part of W101's Five B.O.X.E.S., the one in Zafaria where Wizards travel to Skull Island to save Boochbeard and Gandry from being prisoners & stops The Maestro from changing the history of the Spiral, including the moment where P101's events come into effect. I loved that part because it was almost like a crossover with W101 & P101 of sorts.

That, & the new quests are more richer in lore, have more value, & made the quests with Manny, Moe, & Jack, far less boring. I've quickly accepted them as they are after going through them. Maybe you might need some time to accept them.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
What is the BOXES event? i've heard of it, but im a free to play on wizard101, so i dont know much

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
pirate crusher on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
What is the BOXES event? i've heard of it, but im a free to play on wizard101, so i dont know much
If you're free to play and over level 5 you can get the quest from the Professor to do the first BOX in Olde Town, during the 5 BOXES event.
During the event you can find the Professor in the Commons, talk to him for the quest, this event repeats periodically and one should be coming up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
It's W101's 2nd special Event that was made a year ago. The first event was the Lost Pages. It involves Wizards traveling through the critical points of the Spiral's timeline, with the aid of The Professor, & it's up to the Wizards to stop the vile villain tampering with the course of history, called The Maestro. If your Wizard reached level 60, head to Zafaria and speak with the Professor, & go inside his Telegraph B.O.X. in the Baobab Market, & you'll undergo a fantastical adventure in Skull Island.

Does this help you?

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
i dont follow. im kinda not a fan of wizard101(no offense) and i will Most likely(since my nana bought my membership)
that i will NEVER get a wizard101 membership

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
i dont follow. im kinda not a fan of wizard101(no offense) and i will Most likely(since my nana bought my membership)
that i will NEVER get a wizard101 membership
Well, once the Five B.O.X.E.S. event starts again, you'll get the idea.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good news for some, even Pirate Crusher & Cody Lighthunter, who don't follow &/or understand the model change with Buster Crab, the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event is up once again! If your Wizards are at least level 60, speak to The Professor in Zafaria's Baobab Crossroads. Once you do, go inside his Telegraph B.O.X., and you'll undergo it's instance quest, "The Android Invasion". That features an adventure through Skull Island's locations, including the Red Claw Gang's Beach Cave Hideout. Buster Crab is there. Duel him & you'll know. If your wizards are under level 60, you might want to speed level your way up there before the event ends again. I suggest you get to questing & leveling while you have the chance.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Trimond297 on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
Good news for some, even Pirate Crusher & Cody Lighthunter, who don't follow &/or understand the model change with Buster Crab, the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event is up once again! If your Wizards are at least level 60, speak to The Professor in Zafaria's Baobab Crossroads. Once you do, go inside his Telegraph B.O.X., and you'll undergo it's instance quest, "The Android Invasion". That features an adventure through Skull Island's locations, including the Red Claw Gang's Beach Cave Hideout. Buster Crab is there. Duel him & you'll know. If your wizards are under level 60, you might want to speed level your way up there before the event ends again. I suggest you get to questing & leveling while you have the chance.
as i stated before, i dont have a wizard101 membership and my highest character is lv 6 death wiz. there is NO way i can get to that lv in just a few days!

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
Cody Lighthunter on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
i did the crab quests before and after the crab change and frankly i think they were better before

Ensign
Jun 09, 2013
Can you make it to were you get taller as you gain higher levels in the game? An idea would be to present it as a badge that you can equip to intimidate your opponents in combat. I've always wondered if that was possible for the KI company to create and it would be a great enhancement to entertain players.

By: Golden Jacob Nelson

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
milo gt on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
i did the crab quests before and after the crab change and frankly i think they were better before
Well, before the changes to the Red Claw Gang were made, they had very no involvement in the storyline, & to many Pirates, it was... not so satisfying, even One-Eyed Jack agreed on that matter in his post about the Skull Island Expansion quests. Now, they have a more active role that reflects the faction's description, where they have been trying to survive after Captain Gordon ended their syndicate & kidnapped him to be fed to the Crabs, until we stepped in and rescued him, until Buster Crab halts the rescue until we give him the Golden Hook from the Floating Dutchman, found in his wrecked ship, the Marie Celestia in Perdition's Cauldron, in exchange for letting Gordon live.

I really like the changes KI made, & while I may miss the kidnapped Young Nick questline, it was worth KI doing their changes to make the Red Claw Gang more active in the storyline.

Plus, I like how they made their appearance in W101's Five B.O.X.E.S. event's quest in Zafaria. It really kept in touch with P101's Red Claw Gang, with them trying to deliver their prisoners, Boochbeard & Gandry, to the Maestro with the Armada, which was foiled by the travelling Wizards & the Professor.

Honestly, I don't think KI will revert them back to their previous selves, & believe me, it's not worth KI wasting some time doing it, where they're properly spending their time continuing with the P101 storyline & more. Remember that.