Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Soloing the Nefarious Five

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
Since cancelling my subscription, I figured I would give this a try as it runs out.

Last night I was taking some new people through the tower. Two left on the inferno floor, leaving me with a level 61 swash. Who had underwhelming gear.

It was a tough go to essentially solo the floors up to the Nefarious Five. Then the other person left. And after considering it for a bit, I decided it didn't matter if I had ever died or not.

Being a swashbuckler, I loaded up on Hide and Poison moves in my top cards. Plus I have the Staff of Power, Moo Manchu's Robes, and Voltaic Fangs. Though admittedly, I didn't realize that curse prevented healing, as my son told me this morning.

I refused to use henchmen, though I believe I would have won at least two of the fights had I used one.

I tried like 5 times. Twice I killed three (first time was the buccaneer, swashbuckler, and privateer; second was swashbuckler, musketeer, and witchdoctor). The other times, I would make a mistake (like forgetting you cannot chain cast invisibility....).

I think by refining my doubloons (ie- getting rid of the useless ones for this encounter) will up the chances for success. And with my experiences last night, I know it's more than possible to achieve.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jack Harkness on May 30, 2015 wrote:
Since cancelling my subscription, I figured I would give this a try as it runs out.

Last night I was taking some new people through the tower. Two left on the inferno floor, leaving me with a level 61 swash. Who had underwhelming gear.

It was a tough go to essentially solo the floors up to the Nefarious Five. Then the other person left. And after considering it for a bit, I decided it didn't matter if I had ever died or not.

Being a swashbuckler, I loaded up on Hide and Poison moves in my top cards. Plus I have the Staff of Power, Moo Manchu's Robes, and Voltaic Fangs. Though admittedly, I didn't realize that curse prevented healing, as my son told me this morning.

I refused to use henchmen, though I believe I would have won at least two of the fights had I used one.

I tried like 5 times. Twice I killed three (first time was the buccaneer, swashbuckler, and privateer; second was swashbuckler, musketeer, and witchdoctor). The other times, I would make a mistake (like forgetting you cannot chain cast invisibility....).

I think by refining my doubloons (ie- getting rid of the useless ones for this encounter) will up the chances for success. And with my experiences last night, I know it's more than possible to achieve.
I haven't yet soloed this fight, but I do know you can duo it, I've done this three times, once with Dante and twice with a team of three ( each one had an elixir user ).

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
good luck face of bo! ( I said that because I see what you did there with your message boards name )

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
1: black fog summon something to take the aggro

2-4 spam agility and critical buffs while summoning things

5- kill musket

6- hide yourself, have fan flanders attack lowest health enemy

7- heal if needed if not place a fort on yourself

8- poison

9- kill lowest health

10- hide

11- heal

try this starter strat, adapt when needed

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
When I soloed Nefarious Five I went with:
1. Black Fog
2. Poison
3. Blood flames
4. Valor Fortress Self
5. Take out swashbuckler using yourself and Sarah (assuming blood flames did job of killing buccaneer)
6. Hide (If Sarah still alive same with her)
7. Poison
8. Heal Self
9. Valor Fortress again
10. Assassin strike one
11. Repeat!

Also try to stand away from musket privy and witch (when you get the chance) because you need to fear that mojo reaver!