Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming Promotion Quest Bosses

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
Hello all!

Lately I have been farming bosses for rare and unique gear. As I was digging through the Pirate101 Central Wiki last night, I happened upon an outfit that I absolutely LOVE. Captain Swing's outfit and his Slicers, to be precise. So I packed my bags and took a trip to lovely Marleybone to farm that cat for his gear. But he was not there! I did a bit more digging and found out that he is only farm-able during Bonnie Anne's promotion, and once you hand it in he disappears. I find this to be slightly annoying, if not unfair. You can farm Cadmus after you turn in your Magnificent Seven companion's promotion quest, so why not Swing?

I would very much like to be able to farm promotion quest bosses that drop unique gear. Maybe that is not the way that KI designed the quests but as I have said, you can farm Cadmus after finishing the Magnificent Seven promotion. I feel that it would only be fair to let us reencounter those bosses in their same locations even after finishing promotion quests.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello all!

Lately I have been farming bosses for rare and unique gear. As I was digging through the Pirate101 Central Wiki last night, I happened upon an outfit that I absolutely LOVE. Captain Swing's outfit and his Slicers, to be precise. So I packed my bags and took a trip to lovely Marleybone to farm that cat for his gear. But he was not there! I did a bit more digging and found out that he is only farm-able during Bonnie Anne's promotion, and once you hand it in he disappears. I find this to be slightly annoying, if not unfair. You can farm Cadmus after you turn in your Magnificent Seven companion's promotion quest, so why not Swing?

I would very much like to be able to farm promotion quest bosses that drop unique gear. Maybe that is not the way that KI designed the quests but as I have said, you can farm Cadmus after finishing the Magnificent Seven promotion. I feel that it would only be fair to let us reencounter those bosses in their same locations even after finishing promotion quests.
Either Ratbeard or Blind Mew said that they were working on getting him back into a dungeon that is repeatable. We just have to be patient. We pirates are good at that being used to long sea (sky) voyages.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
Have you noticed the shared bank? The shared bank is account wide and therefore, farm the dungeon until you get the outfit and the slicers and put them in the shared bank on another character for now.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Torchic51 on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
Have you noticed the shared bank? The shared bank is account wide and therefore, farm the dungeon until you get the outfit and the slicers and put them in the shared bank on another character for now.
Yes, I am quite familiar with the shared bank. The only problem is that all four of my other pirates are less than level ten, and it would take me a long while to get them to a high enough level to farm Captain Swing.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Torchic51 on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
The share bank would only be useful for the blades, outfit is no trade. Least the main outfit and boots are, I am still looking for that darn hat. I started out just wanting the blades but I got the outfit and boots by the time the blades dropped and seems silly to turn the quest in without getting the hat now. Been a long time just getting that far. Poor Bonnie Anne's promotion is the only quest left in my swashbuckler's log. Done every other quest in the game!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Just Another Pirat... on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
The share bank would only be useful for the blades, outfit is no trade. Least the main outfit and boots are, I am still looking for that darn hat. I started out just wanting the blades but I got the outfit and boots by the time the blades dropped and seems silly to turn the quest in without getting the hat now. Been a long time just getting that far. Poor Bonnie Anne's promotion is the only quest left in my swashbuckler's log. Done every other quest in the game!
Thanks for the no-trade information, I wasn't aware of that. Guess I'll have to level up my Buccaneer to dress as Swing. Good luck with the hat!