Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay II!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Lol, I don't remember saying that... But I'll go with the library group.

Out of the corner of this eye, Evan saw Froggo leave to commandeer the ship. (I won't be talking about him anymore)

He also saw Emma sneak her staff away, and then Evan remembered, magic was outlawed. "Umm... Good idea." I can summon some fog if you don't want them to see us. We won't be exactly invisible... More like alluded from sight. And you get 2x damage if you use a physical-damage-weapon!"

Evan tried to remember the Power while keeping a close watch at the approaching Armada. Soon, a quetzal appeared overhead and put them all into darkness.
(OOC: I dunno why people keep getting Keira and Emma confused. XD They're so different. It's Keira, not Emma. XD)

Keira shuddered. The Armada had always severely scared her, but she'd never let anyone know. Allusion from sight would bring further suspicions that she was a magic user. She imagined that lonely little prison cell with that dead skeleton chained to a wall nearby, and the only one besides her being down there was Kan Po. It terrified her worse than that time she had a run-in with a couple Lagooneys in the lagoons of Darkmoor. But even then, Keira wasn't afraid of Lagooneys anymore.

The Witchdoctor thought to herself for a minute. You grew up in Darkmoor. How would a few dolls made from gears mess with you? She thought again. Don't forget, that's what imprisoned you. You have a right to fear them. Keira considered that before another thought came. Yes, but still, does strength come from fear?

The black haired Witchdoctor walked on, but still pondering, which some others noticed.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I dunno why people keep getting Keira and Emma confused. XD They're so different. It's Keira, not Emma. XD)

Keira shuddered. The Armada had always severely scared her, but she'd never let anyone know. Allusion from sight would bring further suspicions that she was a magic user. She imagined that lonely little prison cell with that dead skeleton chained to a wall nearby, and the only one besides her being down there was Kan Po. It terrified her worse than that time she had a run-in with a couple Lagooneys in the lagoons of Darkmoor. But even then, Keira wasn't afraid of Lagooneys anymore.

The Witchdoctor thought to herself for a minute. You grew up in Darkmoor. How would a few dolls made from gears mess with you? She thought again. Don't forget, that's what imprisoned you. You have a right to fear them. Keira considered that before another thought came. Yes, but still, does strength come from fear?

The black haired Witchdoctor walked on, but still pondering, which some others noticed.
They had made it into the outer hallways of the great Library without difficulty, thanks in large part to Evan's cloaking fog. Charlotte put a gentle hand on Keira's arm, and looked into the young witchdoctor's troubled eyes, dark with fear. "You're not alone. Don't forget that."

"Madame Vadima says that certain of us pirates have similar stories, and live in different, um, dimensions, she said. She explained it to me as different Spirals that sit side by side, but the environs of Skull Island somehow make it possible for us to sometimes interact together. So do not be surprised if I see in your eyes the shadow of imprisonment by the Armada. It is much the same for me."

Charlotte sighed. "I don't know how it happened to you, but I knew I was going into trouble before I was captured and imprisoned by Deacon. My foster father, Asgeir Talespinner, taught me many of the heroic sagas of Grizzleheim. They are very inspiring, you know," she added with a wry smile. "I was not a Bear, but I wanted to be part of my foster parent's clan. When I became of age, I resolved to seek out a great and noble adventure. Though I was still very young, my foster parents approved. I found the perfect opportunity, sailing with Constanze de Este, one of the leaders of the Resistance in Valencia."

Charlotte's face took on a happy glow. "She was brilliant, and had a skilled and loyal crew. For some time we had many successes, and I felt assured of a great and beautiful tale to tell when I returned to Grizzleheim."

Then her face grew somber again. "But the ship was ambushed. We fought, of course, but the clockworks were too much for us. Captain Constanze tried to negotiate terms of surrender, so her crew would be spared. As she stood speaking, Deacon... shot her," Charlotte gritted out with difficulty.

Charlotte was silent for a moment, struggling for self-control. "Then the others who survived the battle were killed. Murdered. Only the first mate and I were spared," she continued. "He was sore wounded, and died. At least he did not have to suffer long on Deacon's ghastly prison ship."

Then she gave a soft, gentle smile. "But here I am, quite alive. And so are you. The Armada is ruthless, powerful, and deadly, no question. But we have companions who love us, teachers who exhort us, friends who sustain us, and greater Powers surely that look after us. We will beat the evil Armada. After all, with so much on our side, how can we lose?" Charlotte finished, almost teasing.

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
A swashbuckler named Jack had heard about something happening in Valencia and decided to investigate. On his way he came across a GIANT Armada ship even bigger than Rooke's. He called out to his crew, "I think its Kane!"
Jack tried to avoid Kane but ended up ramming him. Kane took out a small black ball and threw it up in the air.
Jack was transported into the great Library. His crew was not with which was a problem. At least his friend Luke had come along. Luke used his Black Fog and hid Jack and Luke.
Just around the corner Evan whispered, "Wait I think I sense someone else using Black Fog!"
Luke felt the other groups presence also. He said, "Jack, do you know where we are?"
Jack replied, "I think we are in The Great Library."
The 2 groups turned corners and BAM! hit each other.
The Black Fog had worn off and around the corner everyone heard footsteps...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
They had made it into the outer hallways of the great Library without difficulty, thanks in large part to Evan's cloaking fog. Charlotte put a gentle hand on Keira's arm, and looked into the young witchdoctor's troubled eyes, dark with fear. "You're not alone. Don't forget that."

"Madame Vadima says that certain of us pirates have similar stories, and live in different, um, dimensions, she said. She explained it to me as different Spirals that sit side by side, but the environs of Skull Island somehow make it possible for us to sometimes interact together. So do not be surprised if I see in your eyes the shadow of imprisonment by the Armada. It is much the same for me."

Charlotte sighed. "I don't know how it happened to you, but I knew I was going into trouble before I was captured and imprisoned by Deacon. My foster father, Asgeir Talespinner, taught me many of the heroic sagas of Grizzleheim. They are very inspiring, you know," she added with a wry smile. "I was not a Bear, but I wanted to be part of my foster parent's clan. When I became of age, I resolved to seek out a great and noble adventure. Though I was still very young, my foster parents approved. I found the perfect opportunity, sailing with Constanze de Este, one of the leaders of the Resistance in Valencia."

Charlotte's face took on a happy glow. "She was brilliant, and had a skilled and loyal crew. For some time we had many successes, and I felt assured of a great and beautiful tale to tell when I returned to Grizzleheim."

Then her face grew somber again. "But the ship was ambushed. We fought, of course, but the clockworks were too much for us. Captain Constanze tried to negotiate terms of surrender, so her crew would be spared. As she stood speaking, Deacon... shot her," Charlotte gritted out with difficulty.

Charlotte was silent for a moment, struggling for self-control. "Then the others who survived the battle were killed. Murdered. Only the first mate and I were spared," she continued. "He was sore wounded, and died. At least he did not have to suffer long on Deacon's ghastly prison ship."

Then she gave a soft, gentle smile. "But here I am, quite alive. And so are you. The Armada is ruthless, powerful, and deadly, no question. But we have companions who love us, teachers who exhort us, friends who sustain us, and greater Powers surely that look after us. We will beat the evil Armada. After all, with so much on our side, how can we lose?" Charlotte finished, almost teasing.
Keira adjusted her glasses carefully. "Yea.... You have a good point there." The Witchdoctor smiled. "I think it's luck we're alive." But then her friendly smile faded a little. "It seems you lost a lot when you were imprisoned. Well, you're not the only one." The black haired girl exhaled nervously.

"I was leaving Darkmoor, the Gypsy's Isle to be precise. Well, I angered some Lagooneys earlier unintentionally... Well, more like I took some moss from the swamp and they didn't like that. I never thought a couple of fish could get so angry over moss." Her grin returned a little. "Well, the Armada was looking for something in that area, and I was hiding from the Lagooneys, and I cursed them to buy me some time, Deacon noticed and that's what happened." She shrugged. "The prison ship I ended up on was terrible though... I escaped without help. It took me FOREVER to kick the door down!"

The Witchdoctor gained a reminiscent, misted look to her eyes. "I miss Darkmoor... At least most of it.."

Petty Officer
Jun 05, 2011
Ok, This just got out of hand so the post right before this was supposed to be before the post before that.

~

Kiera asked Luke and Jack, "Who are you?"
Jack said, "No time to explain. Just team up so we can defeat these guys!"
Evan replied, "No, Fighting will cause too much of a racket."
Luke and Evan at the same time said, "I'll use Black Fog!'
Charlotte asked "Now what is going on?"
Luke replied cautiously, "We heard about something happening here in Valencia. We decided to check it out."
Jack added, "When we were on our way here we ran into Kane and he threw a small black ball and we appeared here. I don't have my crew with me, but Luke does. we need to save my crew!"
Kiera asked, "What are your names?"
"Luke."
"Jack."
As the group exchanged names, the armada was still on the prowl.
It took the group a great amount of time to notice the Black Fog had worn off.
And before they noticed the armada had spotted them.
The armada soldier said, "Found the pirates!"
When the group heard that everyone started to run.
But Luke said, "We fight!" and he took out his daggers.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
(Sailing in the skys of Valencia, Krystal gazes out at the skyway, remembering a small flashback of a sound that she assumed sounded like her parents. The picture was very blurry but she kept hold of that memory, knowing that she will never forget that her real parents always loved her. Catbeard was her first mate and he was steering the ship while few of the crew members, kan po, bonnie anne, and Rat Beard, were on deck while the rest were inside, celebrateing after defeating an armada station.)

Bonnie Anne: Caption why arent you celebrating inside?
(Krystal suddenly goes back to self because she was kind of out of it today)
Krystal: (says in a soft voice) I am fine I was just thinking of old times
-Kan po comes over to join in on the conversation-
Kan Po: Ahh.. yes dragonfly i remember the day that you saved me from the cell, for our days together run deep.
Bonnie Anne: Well, this is not the first time you gaze while thinking, and from past experiance I assume you're thinking about your memories.
Krystal: Ya i am kind of out of it today.
-Rat Beard was working on the deck when he heared the conversation and came over to join in-
Rat Beard: Arrrgh captian werent you thinking about your parents again werent you?
-Krystal sighs while blowing some of her blonde hair out of her face then she looks at ratbeard with her soft blue eyes-
Krystal: Yes I was
-Krystal starts to gaze back at the skyway-
-Before Rat Beard could say anymore Bonnie interrupted him-
-Bonnie whispers to Rat Beard-
Bonnie Anne: Oh you oaf. You should know not to mention the caption's parents.
-All 3 start walking back to go and celebrate with the others-
Kan Po: Yes sometimes when we fight the Armada it reminds her of her parents that is why it isnt wise to talk about little Dragon Fly's parents.
Rat Beard: Arrgh I am sry OK, i just didnt know she gets like that
-They open the door and go in-
I will contine on join in if you like ;P

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
(Sailing in the skys of Valencia, Krystal gazes out at the skyway, remembering a small flashback of a sound that she assumed sounded like her parents. The picture was very blurry but she kept hold of that memory, knowing that she will never forget that her real parents always loved her. Catbeard was her first mate and he was steering the ship while few of the crew members, kan po, bonnie anne, and Rat Beard, were on deck while the rest were inside, celebrateing after defeating an armada station.)

Bonnie Anne: Caption why arent you celebrating inside?
(Krystal suddenly goes back to self because she was kind of out of it today)
Krystal: (says in a soft voice) I am fine I was just thinking of old times
-Kan po comes over to join in on the conversation-
Kan Po: Ahh.. yes dragonfly i remember the day that you saved me from the cell, for our days together run deep.
Bonnie Anne: Well, this is not the first time you gaze while thinking, and from past experiance I assume you're thinking about your memories.
Krystal: Ya i am kind of out of it today.
-Rat Beard was working on the deck when he heared the conversation and came over to join in-
Rat Beard: Arrrgh captian werent you thinking about your parents again werent you?
-Krystal sighs while blowing some of her blonde hair out of her face then she looks at ratbeard with her soft blue eyes-
Krystal: Yes I was
-Krystal starts to gaze back at the skyway-
-Before Rat Beard could say anymore Bonnie interrupted him-
-Bonnie whispers to Rat Beard-
Bonnie Anne: Oh you oaf. You should know not to mention the caption's parents.
-All 3 start walking back to go and celebrate with the others-
Kan Po: Yes sometimes when we fight the Armada it reminds her of her parents that is why it isnt wise to talk about little Dragon Fly's parents.
Rat Beard: Arrgh I am sry OK, i just didnt know she gets like that
-They open the door and go in-
I will contine on join in if you like ;P
Sure Captain Krystal -- where do you want to jump in? You can stay on ship and be involved in a race to evade the Armada (or fight them if you wish), or join either team on the ground in the Library.

Don't be afraid to add to the plot... because, uh, there isn't one. Actually I do have an idea of what we want in the Library, but everything else is dependent on what people make up as they post. [My only suggestion is to leave Kane and the Elites out of it; they'd cream us, and also we don't know enough about them to set them up as real adversaries. Armada Captains as serious adversaries? Definitely. They can be plenty dangerous, and have enough independent thought to be very interesting. The higher level, the more well-made, the more scary]

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Bikaneri on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Ok, This just got out of hand so the post right before this was supposed to be before the post before that.

~

Luke replied cautiously, "We heard about something happening here in Valencia. We decided to check it out."
Jack added, "When we were on our way here we ran into Kane and he threw a small black ball and we appeared here. I don't have my crew with me, but Luke does. we need to save my crew!"
"Luke."
"Jack."
Charlotte was quite confused. Where had these two pirate captains come from? She glanced at Kiera, but the witchdoctor looked just as baffled as Charlotte did.

Shaking off her confusion, Charlotte resolved to ask questions later. However they had come here, they were allies now. In the hallways, before reaching the silent corridors of the library, they were still all at risk from being discovered by the Armada.

But it was too late. An Armada soldier gave the alarm. Charlotte would have preferred to run, but one of the new captains, Luke, hot-headedly charged the clockworks. Charlotte drew her sword and readied her Powers, scanning her allies and adversaries to make the best choice of a first move. "So much for sneaking in without the Armada ever knowing we were here," she thought with a little sigh.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Chris [ are we supposed to use our real names or character names, i made this up ] was walking through mooshu very very silently. Subodai keeping a distance, chris was thinking about his plan and not noticing the man screaming at him for walking over the new spreaded sand. a huge shout from the emperor came screaming yards away from Chris. Chris ran while looking at subodai and squinted. While Chris ran he moved his fingers closer to his shirt " CLOSE THE GATE I SAY. NOW!!!!" the gate was closing, Chris threw his botteled ship over the wall. Chris wouldn't make it, but then, using his agility he kicked up the wall grabbed a crack near the top of the wall flipped over the wall throwing a blade at the string of the gate making it open, then landed and ran to his ship. Subodai came climbing onto the ship with a cut up face and some blood on his sword. Later at night time, as it always seems in the stormgate. Chris was sitting on a chair with his feet on the wheel, opening his jacket and taking out. The golden mooshu cow statue. " now, he snickered, now your mine"

We have arrived sir! Chris blankly looked up and got his feet of the wheel. He silently groaned a yawn, Chris stepped onto the dock of Steeds island he didn't bother to bottle his ship. " are you sure about that sir" said Subodai " that ship is only one of a kind" " what kind of thief would steal from the best thief in the spiral?" Chris heard something with his super sharp senses... " WHERE IS IT!!?" screamed a voice " I dont know what your talking about!" Steed said, ' so thats how its gonna be?" " boys take care of this" a throwing blade was flying torwards Steed the blade was caught and launched back blades were launched everywhere next thing, everyone was down except for, Chris, Chris chatted to Steed an left while leaving, he walked onto the docks to see that HIS SHIP was being sailed away. " TO BE CONTINUED"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Charlotte was quite confused. Where had these two pirate captains come from? She glanced at Kiera, but the witchdoctor looked just as baffled as Charlotte did.

Shaking off her confusion, Charlotte resolved to ask questions later. However they had come here, they were allies now. In the hallways, before reaching the silent corridors of the library, they were still all at risk from being discovered by the Armada.

But it was too late. An Armada soldier gave the alarm. Charlotte would have preferred to run, but one of the new captains, Luke, hot-headedly charged the clockworks. Charlotte drew her sword and readied her Powers, scanning her allies and adversaries to make the best choice of a first move. "So much for sneaking in without the Armada ever knowing we were here," she thought with a little sigh.
Keira's eyes widened as a whole group of Armada soldiers marched in. She seemed to freeze for a moment, and it was quite visible that the Witchdoctor was too scared to move.

Mormo lifted his staff and blew fire from the circle at the top. Then he noticed Keira. The worried water mole walked over to the black haired Witchdoctor. "Mormo say everything will be fine," He reassured her. "Mormo promises."

Keira's frozen gaze softened, then hardened into determination. "Thanks, Mormo." The Witchdoctor responded as she reached for her staff. Once she switched the two weapons out, the Witchdoctor charged towards a group of four Armada soldiers, staff in hand. However, Keira murmured something, and her Mooshuian staff transfigured into a large, skeletal appearing scythe. It was unlikely that such a weapon had been seen before. Death was the only to wield a scythe, but Keira's was different. It was larger, had more of a blade, and had holes making it seem skeletal and more deadly.

She jumped up and swung the scythe multiple times, blocking attacks from the Marines and knocking the black weapon into several, blowing them back and killing some.

Mormo grinned. "Mormo loves it when Keira does that."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Bikaneri on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:

~

"Luke."
"Jack."
OOC: Luke, I'd request you don't control mine or anyone else's characters. It gets on my nerves a little when someone does that, seeing as Keira doesn't ask so many questions when she meets someone. She kinda tries to attack them first with either her scythe, staff, or halberd, which she isn't good at handling. She's not good with the halberd I mean, she's excellent with the scythe and staff.

~

Keira ignored everything except the clockworks as she mercilessly swung her scythe like a berserker, trying harder by the second to "slay" every clockwork in her path. It was kinda scary, seeing the calm, strategic Keira tearing apart clockworks by the second.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
OOC: Sorry I didn't say this earlier, but lol I did get Emma and Kiera confused. I was tired... I think. Was I?
And same as what Emma said, I would rather you not control my character... Sorry!

Evan flew into action as the clockworks started coming towards them. He rolled to the side while Kiera was distracting them, then snuck behind the captain, sweat beads forming on his forehead. He did a back stab, followed by a push kick to disable the clockwork, at least temporarily.

After he had now attracted the attention of many of the soldiers, he followed up his attack by spinning around in a dance of steel, dealing damage to all of the troops around him. After he had taken a few serious hits, he slipped back into the shadows to avoid further damage.

OOC: I don't really know what to do now, it's hard to write an ongoing battle scene.... Help?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Luke, I'd request you don't control mine or anyone else's characters. It gets on my nerves a little when someone does that, seeing as Keira doesn't ask so many questions when she meets someone. She kinda tries to attack them first with either her scythe, staff, or halberd, which she isn't good at handling. She's not good with the halberd I mean, she's excellent with the scythe and staff.

~

Keira ignored everything except the clockworks as she mercilessly swung her scythe like a berserker, trying harder by the second to "slay" every clockwork in her path. It was kinda scary, seeing the calm, strategic Keira tearing apart clockworks by the second.
Do you wanna be friends? [ in the game... p101]

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
"That's it, my friends," Charlotte exorted, "Fight with your good hearts! Fight with your hearts brave and true!" With her words Kiera felt a familiar tingling, the sensation of spells being cast. The world around the pirates seemed almost to slow, and every detail sharper and clearer in their eyes. A sudden confidence filled Kiera, and she felt her fears melt away. She was doing well, she realized. An Armada marine and sniper lay before her, cut down by her scythe. She easily blocked a shot fired at her, then evaded the slicing motion of a halberd aimed at her by another marine.

The other pirates too felt the sudden rush of courage, confidence, and sure knowledge of accuracy. Firey Luke earned his name with his swift, darting sword and dancing feet that kept him out of danger, felling another Armada musketeer. Jack and Evan footed the dance of swords equally well. A well placed shot by Charlotte (who bore a pistol in her left hand) prevented Evan from being injured by the Armada soldier that had quickly stepped in front of him.

But the tide was about to turn. The small Armada scouting party which had intercepted the group was now joined by another. This new group was clearly headed by a captain, a clockwork with a fancy gilt-edge mask around his blank eyeholes, and sporting gold curlicues of ornament on his armor. He swiftly assessed the field.

"Primary Witchdoctor," he coldly stated, pointing at Kiera. His pointing hand shifted to Charlotte. "Primary Leader," he assessed with an equal cold tone. "Target them," he ordered his men...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
"That's it, my friends," Charlotte exorted, "Fight with your good hearts! Fight with your hearts brave and true!" With her words Kiera felt a familiar tingling, the sensation of spells being cast. The world around the pirates seemed almost to slow, and every detail sharper and clearer in their eyes. A sudden confidence filled Kiera, and she felt her fears melt away. She was doing well, she realized. An Armada marine and sniper lay before her, cut down by her scythe. She easily blocked a shot fired at her, then evaded the slicing motion of a halberd aimed at her by another marine.

The other pirates too felt the sudden rush of courage, confidence, and sure knowledge of accuracy. Firey Luke earned his name with his swift, darting sword and dancing feet that kept him out of danger, felling another Armada musketeer. Jack and Evan footed the dance of swords equally well. A well placed shot by Charlotte (who bore a pistol in her left hand) prevented Evan from being injured by the Armada soldier that had quickly stepped in front of him.

But the tide was about to turn. The small Armada scouting party which had intercepted the group was now joined by another. This new group was clearly headed by a captain, a clockwork with a fancy gilt-edge mask around his blank eyeholes, and sporting gold curlicues of ornament on his armor. He swiftly assessed the field.

"Primary Witchdoctor," he coldly stated, pointing at Kiera. His pointing hand shifted to Charlotte. "Primary Leader," he assessed with an equal cold tone. "Target them," he ordered his men...
Keira didn't notice the leader clockwork point to her and Charlotte, she was too caught up in battle to even hear or see what happened. She kicked a marine back the same moment she brought her scythe upon a sniper. It had been a while since she used the powerful weapon. The last time she did... She scared herself when she unleashed the scythe!

What the Witchdoctor DID notice was that more of the clockworks were attacking her and Charlotte instead of the others. She felt a pang of worry as several snipers marched on and managed to land some shots of electricity on her.

"Will... You... Just... DIE!" Keira yelled at the clockworks. She breathed heavily for a minute, out of energy, potentially letting her guard down.

(OOC: It took a while to post, sorry. I'm pretty sick...)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
MightySwashbuckler... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Do you wanna be friends? [ in the game... p101]
OOC: Sure! It may e a day or so before I'm online again though, as I am pretty sick.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

OOC: I was kind of waiting to see what would happen with the ships before I jumped into this roleplay, but the ships appear to have sailed beyond the horizon, so I guess I'll jump in here then. I'm also assuming this happens after the Tea Leaves of Doom roleplay thread:

Scarlet stood leaning on the edge of balcony, quietly watching the battle raging below her. She was unsure if she should really join the fray or not. Scarlet had been Sivella for a few weeks now disguised as a student. Since the clockworks had been seeing Scarlet walking around the university and attending classes they no longer paid her any attention. However, Scarlet had in fact been secretly studying the clockworks themselves.

So far she had learned something of increadible value. The lesser clockworks all had the same weekness, a spot of thin armor at the base of their necks. An accurate stab to this spot would knock of the main gears loose within the clockwork. The damaged clockwork wasn't killed outright, but without that gear in the correct place it could no longer move.

With the additional clockworks joining, Scarlet decided it was time to help out her old friends. She could not just jump into the midst of the battle because of the floor length gown she was wearing as part of her disguise. Instead Scarlet pulled out her belt of throwing knives and took aim at the clockwork captain.
A quick flick of Scarlet's wrist, and the clockwork captain was slumped on the ground with a knife protruding from his neck.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Sorry I didn't say this earlier, but lol I did get Emma and Kiera confused. I was tired... I think. Was I?
And same as what Emma said, I would rather you not control my character... Sorry!

Evan flew into action as the clockworks started coming towards them. He rolled to the side while Kiera was distracting them, then snuck behind the captain, sweat beads forming on his forehead. He did a back stab, followed by a push kick to disable the clockwork, at least temporarily.

After he had now attracted the attention of many of the soldiers, he followed up his attack by spinning around in a dance of steel, dealing damage to all of the troops around him. After he had taken a few serious hits, he slipped back into the shadows to avoid further damage.

OOC: I don't really know what to do now, it's hard to write an ongoing battle scene.... Help?
OOC: I agree Evan, it is really hard to write an ongoing battle scene, especially since we can't see or listen to each other in real time. Some things just won't fit after we write them, and that's to be expected.

What I'm trying to do is focus on short bursts of time (a round or two) and wait for the responses of the other players (some new ones may also jump in). I'm also trying to include everyone I think is there, without controlling them - simply extending what they are doing already, or telling the players what is affecting your characters (like spells).Tricky, admittedly, but I think it is nicer for us to look like we are working together rather than being a series of solos. And I think we are all new at trying this sort of thing! So does this sound workable?

My thoughts: try to focus on just a short period of time. You can take down one or two Armada soldiers, but not a dozen. Remember, your enemy is very competent -- consider consequences. It's likely at least some of the good guys will get hurt (I see Evan did... now Evan, you are injured. How do you follow up with that? It's now something to work with... and remember you have a privateer in your group, if she doesn't get taken out).

You all may use Charlotte within your text, as long as you don't have her do anything out of character (I've pretty much set forth what she is doing, so you can run with that). I'll try to run with what you do... just don't kill her off . She fights with a saber and pistol, but is not the most skillful fighter. She's not nearly the quality of Evan or Luke, for example. So would she get overwhelmed in a hand-to-hand fight? A good possibility...

Your enemies are a bunch of Armada soldiers here. No Kane, no Elites. But the Armada regulars are still formidable, and there are more than a few. In the next few minutes of battle they will likely take out Kiera and Charlotte if the girls are given no help. And, this incoming clockwork captain may be a problem. You may choose to attack him, but wait to see what his response is to your attack (and do say specifically how you attack him.). Don't expect him to fold under an attack. He may indeed hold some surprises...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I was kind of waiting to see what would happen with the ships before I jumped into this roleplay, but the ships appear to have sailed beyond the horizon, so I guess I'll jump in here then. I'm also assuming this happens after the Tea Leaves of Doom roleplay thread:

Scarlet stood leaning on the edge of balcony, quietly watching the battle raging below her. She was unsure if she should really join the fray or not. Scarlet had been Sivella for a few weeks now disguised as a student. Since the clockworks had been seeing Scarlet walking around the university and attending classes they no longer paid her any attention. However, Scarlet had in fact been secretly studying the clockworks themselves.

So far she had learned something of increadible value. The lesser clockworks all had the same weekness, a spot of thin armor at the base of their necks. An accurate stab to this spot would knock of the main gears loose within the clockwork. The damaged clockwork wasn't killed outright, but without that gear in the correct place it could no longer move.

With the additional clockworks joining, Scarlet decided it was time to help out her old friends. She could not just jump into the midst of the battle because of the floor length gown she was wearing as part of her disguise. Instead Scarlet pulled out her belt of throwing knives and took aim at the clockwork captain.
A quick flick of Scarlet's wrist, and the clockwork captain was slumped on the ground with a knife protruding from his neck.
OOC: [I'm waiting for Matthew or others who went on the ships to write. I'm expecting that the players on the ships will also make something reasonable up...
And nice try taking out the clockwork captain, Mademoiselle Scarlet. Tres bien. Good explanation for why it would work, but it's not going to be that easy . I should also point out that Blind Mew told us all the students had been sent home. But I bet there's a few work-study students or graduate students around still, Academia being what it is, and you have been posing as one with the conniving of the professors...]

Charlotte's heart momentarily lifted in joyful relief as the Armada Captain slumped to the floor. Flicking her glance upward for just a brief moment, she saw that they had an ally standing on the balcony above, then Charlotte had to scramble to evade the attack of the Armada Marine coming at her, slashing at him with her saber (a blow which unfortunately was blocked by his nimble reflexes).

However, relief was short-lived. To the horror of the onlookers, the Armada Captain began the series of the unnatural undulating motions that clockworks had upon arising, as if they were truly puppets on strings. Made more carefully than his subordinates, the captain was largely undamaged by Scarlet's accurate dagger throw. He plucked the knife out, and immediately gazed upwards to the location where it had been thrown. He gazed at Scarlet for what seemed to be a long moment. Though his blank gaze could reveal no expression, still it seemed as if there was an unnerving sense of recognition there.

But that moment lasted only the space of a couple heartbeats. In short order the Armada Captain had a sniper engaged in targeting Scarlet, and another providing covering fire for a marine who stiffly but with quick movements made for the stairs accessing the balcony.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Keira let out a yelp of pain and her confident expression became a grimace as a Marine managed to hit her with his axe. And he hit her pretty hard. Keira got up, slowlier than average, and this time only managed to take down one clockwork at a time instead of two or three. The Witchdoctor's guard was dropping rapidly.

She soon became exhausted, but didn't stop, even though her energy had run out. Keira knew that if she stopped fighting, she'd get overpowered by clockworks and the team had a bigger chance at falling.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
OOC: [I'm waiting for Matthew or others who went on the ships to write. I'm expecting that the players on the ships will also make something reasonable up...
And nice try taking out the clockwork captain, Mademoiselle Scarlet. Tres bien. Good explanation for why it would work, but it's not going to be that easy . I should also point out that Blind Mew told us all the students had been sent home. But I bet there's a few work-study students or graduate students around still, Academia being what it is, and you have been posing as one with the conniving of the professors...]

Charlotte's heart momentarily lifted in joyful relief as the Armada Captain slumped to the floor. Flicking her glance upward for just a brief moment, she saw that they had an ally standing on the balcony above, then Charlotte had to scramble to evade the attack of the Armada Marine coming at her, slashing at him with her saber (a blow which unfortunately was blocked by his nimble reflexes).

However, relief was short-lived. To the horror of the onlookers, the Armada Captain began the series of the unnatural undulating motions that clockworks had upon arising, as if they were truly puppets on strings. Made more carefully than his subordinates, the captain was largely undamaged by Scarlet's accurate dagger throw. He plucked the knife out, and immediately gazed upwards to the location where it had been thrown. He gazed at Scarlet for what seemed to be a long moment. Though his blank gaze could reveal no expression, still it seemed as if there was an unnerving sense of recognition there.

But that moment lasted only the space of a couple heartbeats. In short order the Armada Captain had a sniper engaged in targeting Scarlet, and another providing covering fire for a marine who stiffly but with quick movements made for the stairs accessing the balcony.
ooc, just to be clear, I never expected Scarlet's attack to be fatal to the Armada Captain, it was just meant to give the other pirates a bit of a breather while the Captain repairs himself or does something similar.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Keira let out a yelp of pain and her confident expression became a grimace as a Marine managed to hit her with his axe. And he hit her pretty hard. Keira got up, slowlier than average, and this time only managed to take down one clockwork at a time instead of two or three. The Witchdoctor's guard was dropping rapidly.

She soon became exhausted, but didn't stop, even though her energy had run out. Keira knew that if she stopped fighting, she'd get overpowered by clockworks and the team had a bigger chance at falling.
A refreshing breeze passed over Kiera's face, like the fluttering of blue wings. Kiera's wounds were not completely healed, but the pain had dulled, exhaustion temporarily faded, and her senses strengthened once again. Everyone else felt the same way as the healing spell wafted around them.

In the next moment Kiera felt a golden glow around her, completely enclosing her. She gasped as the Marine struck again with his halberd, but it did not touch her at all. For a tiny space of time, she would be safe.

But the attention Charlotte needed to give to those spells cost her. She managed to block the halberd attack in front of her, but could not evade the shots directed towards her by the snipers, one which hit her left shoulder and the other her left arm. She staggered backward, her pistol slipping out of her fingers...

[OOC: now I am going to wait to see what the boys do...]

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Elizabeth watched uncertainly. She had been observing the battle, watched the collision course, even seen the original group split up in the first place. To her horror, Keira had been struck and it looked as if she was going to loose her side of the fight.
"Maria, a little help please?" she asked her privateer friend. Elizabeth tied her long blonde hair into a quick ponytail and brushed her hands over her daggers for reassurance.
"Of course!" Maria grinned. "What do you need?"
"It appears as if a group of pirates needs access to the library." Elizabeth began, her heart pumping ever harder as it does when she's thinking critically. "A witchdocter and a privateer are in need of some assistance, and I believe that we can successfully save the group from disaster. The witchdocter could really use some healing... but remember, we must not let anyone know we are here! I trust Keira and Charlotte, but forgive me if I believe that the others are too headstrong." Elizabeth turned to her best friend. She dipped the most forward facing corner of her tricorn to Maria in respect, then with the flash of a purple and orange Quetzal, disappeared from Maria's view.
Elizabeth walked out of the library carefully to make sure that nobody could hear the sound of her top coat swishing. She stalked up behind the large group and looked at the commander. He seems really difficult to defeat, especially since he resisted Scarlet, an old alliance of Elizabeth's. She observed the battle longer, and watched as Keira was magically healed by some unknown source, except that Elizabeth knew what the source was.
The commander was standing extremely close to the edge, and was standing in a proud, off-balance way... she really hoped he wasn't hiding any wings under that coat. Elizabeth, within the span of a few heartbeats, took the wrist of the commander and threw him over the ground and into the polluted sky of Valencia. Before anyone noticed her, she stealthily dashed back to the library undetected.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
A refreshing breeze passed over Kiera's face, like the fluttering of blue wings. Kiera's wounds were not completely healed, but the pain had dulled, exhaustion temporarily faded, and her senses strengthened once again. Everyone else felt the same way as the healing spell wafted around them.

In the next moment Kiera felt a golden glow around her, completely enclosing her. She gasped as the Marine struck again with his halberd, but it did not touch her at all. For a tiny space of time, she would be safe.

But the attention Charlotte needed to give to those spells cost her. She managed to block the halberd attack in front of her, but could not evade the shots directed towards her by the snipers, one which hit her left shoulder and the other her left arm. She staggered backward, her pistol slipping out of her fingers...

[OOC: now I am going to wait to see what the boys do...]
Keira felt safer now, but still, worried for Charlotte who had used her spells of protection on everyone besides herself. As a Marine charged toward her, Keira used one of her best attacks, a collection of four spears enchanted with mojo, and they flew toward the halberd, knocking it over. Keira worried for her newfound friend, and called, "Charlotte? Are you okay?"

She managed to turn just in time to block a rather large halberd aimed for her with her scythe. She grimaced as she kicked down the marine and had to take on another Sniper. The marine had only been stunned for a moment, so she didn't have much time. Clockworks kept coming, and slowly, it seemed like she was going to lose.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Elizabeth watched uncertainly. She had been observing the battle, watched the collision course, even seen the original group split up in the first place. To her horror, Keira had been struck and it looked as if she was going to loose her side of the fight.
"Maria, a little help please?" she asked her privateer friend. Elizabeth tied her long blonde hair into a quick ponytail and brushed her hands over her daggers for reassurance.
"Of course!" Maria grinned. "What do you need?"
"It appears as if a group of pirates needs access to the library." Elizabeth began, her heart pumping ever harder as it does when she's thinking critically. "A witchdocter and a privateer are in need of some assistance, and I believe that we can successfully save the group from disaster. The witchdocter could really use some healing... but remember, we must not let anyone know we are here! I trust Keira and Charlotte, but forgive me if I believe that the others are too headstrong." Elizabeth turned to her best friend. She dipped the most forward facing corner of her tricorn to Maria in respect, then with the flash of a purple and orange Quetzal, disappeared from Maria's view.
Elizabeth walked out of the library carefully to make sure that nobody could hear the sound of her top coat swishing. She stalked up behind the large group and looked at the commander. He seems really difficult to defeat, especially since he resisted Scarlet, an old alliance of Elizabeth's. She observed the battle longer, and watched as Keira was magically healed by some unknown source, except that Elizabeth knew what the source was.
The commander was standing extremely close to the edge, and was standing in a proud, off-balance way... she really hoped he wasn't hiding any wings under that coat. Elizabeth, within the span of a few heartbeats, took the wrist of the commander and threw him over the ground and into the polluted sky of Valencia. Before anyone noticed her, she stealthily dashed back to the library undetected.
OOC: Hmmm. Interesting, but not sure how to play it. I was envisioning the Armada surprising the pirates in an inner corridor, where originally the pirates would have felt safer (none would have relaxed their guard in the outer courtyards). Then since Scarlet is on a balcony, she would have made her attack from a point outward to inward... of course since none of us can see what each other is seeing for the battlefield, it makes writing combat even more tricky. The Armada captain, besides giving orders, is probably engaged in hand-to-hand combat (one reason I need to 'see' what the boys are doing before I make my next move) and not likely to be flipped off the terrace (without explosives). And there is the difficulty that Elizabeth can't attack and remain unseen... but otherwise, I like it. Now how to make this work...

You possibly could dispose of an unwary Armada musketeer who was focusing on getting the right shot. One could conceivably be far enough away from the main action to do so, and even though your shadow cloak would blink out after you did this, you are far enough away that you can slip around back to the Library without being seen. Or you could try to flip the Armada captain to the ground, but that wouldn't do a whole lot of good I don't think. (His reflexes are also bound to be good -- he is a Captain). Sneaking up behind him and stabbing him would do real damage, but action will destroy your cloak of shadows, just like in the game (which this is. Sort of). With that sort of action you enter combat, as hiding will need a new spell. Or maybe I'm just overthinking this. But it looks like time for more 'revisionist history'.

And no, the Captain has surprises, but not wings. Would have been an interesting idea, though.