Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spider Fight in Bucking Bronco

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 04, 2011
I don't mean to be annoying But I need help with the Spider Fight in the Bucking Bronco Quest. Heres my Issues

1. Its 3vs1 And Thats not Right without Companions

2. Why do i have to solo it? Makes no sense

3. My skill don't seem to Work, Im a 38 Musketeer and no matter what I do i lose

4. Whats the Point with that fight anyway. makes no sense and has no impact on the quest.

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
One point of that may be this: if you aren't powerful enough yet, then wait until you are.

Some of the scorpions in arroyo grande are like that until you get more powerful

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Morgrim Owlshield on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
One point of that may be this: if you aren't powerful enough yet, then wait until you are.

Some of the scorpions in arroyo grande are like that until you get more powerful
Scorpions, x shudders at the memory x. Those scorpions gave me the most humbling lessons. Yup ya gotta grow to tackle those babies.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Scorpions, x shudders at the memory x. Those scorpions gave me the most humbling lessons. Yup ya gotta grow to tackle those babies.
the scorpions you have to defeat for the flute are called stingtails

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
If your a level 33 Buccaneer with up to date abilities and 60 armor, as well as 57 dodge, you should be fine. These guys were, I must admit, HARD!

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
because I'm a buccaneer(big health, good armor, good damage), that battle was easy.

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Sierra Sunshard on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I don't mean to be annoying But I need help with the Spider Fight in the Bucking Bronco Quest. Heres my Issues

3. My skill don't seem to Work, Im a 38 Musketeer and no matter what I do i lose

4. Whats the Point with that fight anyway. makes no sense and has no impact on the quest.
Actually, it was easy for me on my Swashbuckler, and it seemed easier than Buccaneer because you have Walk in Shadows and Walk in Darkness so you can use that thing you get from level 30 class quest to increase your criticals and take em out 1 by 1. Also, Swashbucklers have attacks that cause bleeding and poisoning and are very dodgy. I hope you're a Swashbuckler, because Swashbucklers are the greatest in Solo battles (At least, for me).

Smart Horace Reade

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
asianboss1374 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
because I'm a buccaneer(big health, good armor, good damage), that battle was easy.
go buccaneers! its true we were made to fight. but you dont have to solo the spiders. and i got companions. and the sting tails were easy. i solo it and it was a piece of cake. get some freinds to help you and by the way the dancing spiders were creepy

-jack nightgale

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
really the battle with the spiders is not hard at all you just need to use your inner confidence in yourself and lvl up of course so you'll be even stronger not in the game but also in the power to believe in yourself swashbuckler i agree is a fast solo but a musket can use traps which is very helpfull like cannonballs and traps themselves so you should find it peice o cake and if your finding that hard wait till you solo lo pan friar sand stuff like it in mooshu just try and try and believe you can do it okay

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
It's a nightmare if you try it the first time.

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Puppylove1021 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
It's a nightmare if you try it the first time.
I have to admit, I got out alive with my health at 30%.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Artemis49 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Well congrats on a sweet victory over a fight well done.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Artemis49 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Lucky you.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2013

Ok if you are a musketeer then u should have the cannon balls to help you out and block them then use your tarps on the left and right of your self so u will be protected from the spiders then use what you know if it is still hard I can help ya out just tell me what realm and what time

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013

I agree! I`m a level 34 musketeer and it`s IMPOSSIBLE for me to get through! Help would be much obliged, so if you can find the time, please get on at 6:30-7:00 central time and meet me outside the dungeon in Bonnie anne area 1. This is for anyone.
P.S. my name`s Annoying Quinn Shefield in the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Annoying Quinn She... on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
I agree! I`m a level 34 musketeer and it`s IMPOSSIBLE for me to get through! Help would be much obliged, so if you can find the time, please get on at 6:30-7:00 central time and meet me outside the dungeon in Bonnie anne area 1. This is for anyone.
P.S. my name`s Annoying Quinn Shefield in the game.
Which date would you like to meet?

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013

I almost died on that battle too. It's hard. Just don't give up, and, if possible, take a pet with you. It might help when the battle rolls around. Best of luck to you!

-Leo, level 50

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Which date would you like to meet?
Would December 7 be okay? B.T.W., what level are you, and what`s your name?

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
I'm stuck with the spiders too...I'm a level 34 Privateer and just can't do enough damage solo to kill them all before they kill me. Whichever development manager at King's Isle who thought that this fight should be solo needs to have his head examined. I've been playing almost non-stop for days now, and there has been almost nobody in Cool Ranch to team up with. Where is everybody, and how do I beat these spiders? I've only two other quests in my log, and so leveling up ain't going to be happening soon.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2013

I couldn't get past that fight either until i brought a friend. Even with an added Spider its WAY easier. To me, that entire dugeon doesn't make sense. In the end Buck Broncos like "You think you can beat me?" why didn't he just fight in the first place he was pretty hard to defeat anyway.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Nathaniel Clegg on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I'm stuck with the spiders too...I'm a level 34 Privateer and just can't do enough damage solo to kill them all before they kill me. Whichever development manager at King's Isle who thought that this fight should be solo needs to have his head examined. I've been playing almost non-stop for days now, and there has been almost nobody in Cool Ranch to team up with. Where is everybody, and how do I beat these spiders? I've only two other quests in my log, and so leveling up ain't going to be happening soon.
Welcome to the message boards Nathaniel. Maybe you should do some farming to get some tools that will give you an edge. For example, you can get some great non auction gear from Clark's house and get some great witchdoctor hits that can do damage and have added damage over time for those spiders and you can hit them long before they reach you. You can also get some great accuracy boosts from Call to arms.
You can get to Santa Pollo and do deck fights with El Kazang and get yourself Valor's Armor much earlier than from your training level and that can make the difference in how long you survive so that you can keep taking them out.
Since you are above level 30 you can also farm another Valor's Armor from Crazy Horn and the 50% boost from a Great Juju from Captain Foote and Frank Crane would really help you to hit harder.
Just do what you can to make yourself as strong as possible before you tackle this dungeon. Then you will still be in great shape as you progress in the game. If you are getting killed too fast, then equip yourself for survivability, if the problem is that you cannot quite kill them off soon enough, them equip yourself for more power. It all depends on your playing style and what your strengths and weakness' are. Losing a fight is not a fail, it is an opportunity to learn from your attempt and tweak your style and go back in and kick some tush.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Annoying Quinn She... on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Would December 7 be okay? B.T.W., what level are you, and what`s your name?
I think I may have missed your answer here. My profound apologies. Do you still need help? Can we reschedule? I feel terrible that I missed this. I should have done a watch on this so that I was notified of your response. My bad. So sorry for letting you down.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Nathaniel. Maybe you should do some farming to get some tools that will give you an edge. For example, you can get some great non auction gear from Clark's house and get some great witchdoctor hits that can do damage and have added damage over time for those spiders and you can hit them long before they reach you. You can also get some great accuracy boosts from Call to arms.
You can get to Santa Pollo and do deck fights with El Kazang and get yourself Valor's Armor much earlier than from your training level and that can make the difference in how long you survive so that you can keep taking them out.
Since you are above level 30 you can also farm another Valor's Armor from Crazy Horn and the 50% boost from a Great Juju from Captain Foote and Frank Crane would really help you to hit harder.
Just do what you can to make yourself as strong as possible before you tackle this dungeon. Then you will still be in great shape as you progress in the game. If you are getting killed too fast, then equip yourself for survivability, if the problem is that you cannot quite kill them off soon enough, them equip yourself for more power. It all depends on your playing style and what your strengths and weakness' are. Losing a fight is not a fail, it is an opportunity to learn from your attempt and tweak your style and go back in and kick some tush.
My apologies and a correction to my information. The Santa Pollo Valor's armor is with El Kaboing, not El Kazang. He is in a vortex in Santa Pollo, not in the ship in the East end of Cooper's Roost Skyway. Again, my apologies for getting them mixed up.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the response. I ended up taking the easy way by buying some crowns and upgrading my armor and weapon to Mooshoo level through the crown shop. The fight was still a tough one, but I got through it, and was then surprised to find that it was only the half way point in that dungeon. Oh well..

Anyway, I've moved on and am now preparing to face the much-feared Miranda dungeon in the Haunted Skyway. Keep your fingers crossed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Nathaniel Clegg on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I ended up taking the easy way by buying some crowns and upgrading my armor and weapon to Mooshoo level through the crown shop. The fight was still a tough one, but I got through it, and was then surprised to find that it was only the half way point in that dungeon. Oh well..

Anyway, I've moved on and am now preparing to face the much-feared Miranda dungeon in the Haunted Skyway. Keep your fingers crossed.
You will do fine. It is only scary because it is, after all, a ghost story in a ghost town in a haunted skyway.
I thoroughly enjoyed Miranda and suspect you will too.