Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical leveling

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
I am very disappointed about the nautical leveling. I have a level 50 pirate, and yet my nautical level is half that. The ship leveling should keep pace with the pirate leveling in my opinion without requiring me to fight ships over and over and over again.

My idea is that the ship level with the pirate, instead of being completely seperate. I personally do not wanna have to fight the same ships repeatedly to level it slows the game, and the repetition is boring.

Shaky Cass level 50 witch doctor

Community Leader
swishdawg101 on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I am very disappointed about the nautical leveling. I have a level 50 pirate, and yet my nautical level is half that. The ship leveling should keep pace with the pirate leveling in my opinion without requiring me to fight ships over and over and over again.

My idea is that the ship level with the pirate, instead of being completely seperate. I personally do not wanna have to fight the same ships repeatedly to level it slows the game, and the repetition is boring.

Shaky Cass level 50 witch doctor
As nautical level isn't necessarily required to complete the game (you can always board ships you need to destroy), it's treated as more of a bonus and for something else to do to earn a seperate set of awards. This type of game is always going to have some kind of grind in it. You do get some nautical xp from doing quests of course, but the main chunk of it will be the actual fights. That way, if you really enjoy fighting ship to ship, you can get stronger at it and equip better gear. If not, you can stick to hand to hand combat and still complete the game.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Sorry, but I cannot agree with that suggestion.
When I hit level 50 pirate level cap, I like to believe there are more things to do to keep me busy without wasting my time in the game. Continuing to level nautical is one of those things. It also provides us with additional goals to achieve to have access to bigger/better ship equipment.
This is actually one of the few things that I think is pretty well balanced in the game, and I dont think needs any adjustment. In beta we didnt get ANY nautical xp while questing, they have added this in the live game to help those questing raise their nautical without having to work at it. This was an excellent adjustment, and makes the game playable, without "requiring" repetitive nautical XP farming.

Raising nautical level along with the pirate would also misrepresent their ship battle experience as a whole. When I see someone with nautical 20, i expect them to operate their ship with the skills that getting that nautical level would have required, not having had it handed to them, and them not have any ship skills at all.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
May 10, 2010
I have never had a problem with Nautical Level, most of my pirates nautical level is usually much higher than my character level, simply because my friends and I love to farm them. Not only that, but we help eachother with all ship battles. If I need ships destroyed, they help me, if they need ships destroyed, I help them.

Ship farming is tons of fun, just wish they would drop more gold, sometimes, even doing mooshu ships, you can get 1000 gold, but then, sometimes, you get 20 gold, go figure.

But I do love the ship battles and nautical level is not hard, no reason to board ships if you dont have to, just get groups of friends together and blast them out of the skyways!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Just like farming on land, you also farm in the skyways. As a rule, I try to keep my nautical the same level as my character. Much of the time I do ship battles solo, but sometimes my friends and I go to a good spot for nautical, gold, and ship gear drops, and we have a lot of fun going back and forth between enemy ships.

I recently started a new pirate, and my friends took me to a spot for great nautical on my tiny little raft. By the time we were done, my raft was nautical level 24, which meant I could use better equipment, and made doing solo battles easier.

Just like any type of farming for gold and gear on land, you have to do the same in the skyway. If you have friends you can do this with, all the better.

Lazy Lenora Leech L50 N50
Inky India Innsbrook L50 N50
Brave Brynn Bristol L50 N50

Community Leader
Nautical leveling is absolutely more enjoyable with just one extra person. The more the merrier! Since I play at a weird time of day (11pm-2am Pacific Standard) there aren't that many folks on, so I don't get as much chance to team up as I would like, but when I do, it's some of the best fun in the game!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Like Talkin I normally don't see many other players during my play time, however when I do and they are fighting ships I like to stop and spend some time helping them just to keep my nautical level up. The good thing is that it so easy to help with ship battles and without any talking required people normally start working well together (taking turns been the ship that takes all the damage etc).