Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your Favorite Companion?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Sarah Steele.
has, and always will be.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
Bonie Ann is the best companion inmy opineon

Captain
May 02, 2009
  • Favorite Buccaneer Companion:Egg Shen; he is just so cool!
  • Favorite Musketeer Companion: Rooster Cogburn; at level 52 with Acurate 3 his accruacy is BEAST! (111)
  • Favorite Privateer Companion: Lucky Jack Russel; he's the best in the Spiral
  • Favorite Swashbuckler Companions: Kobe Yojimbo, Kan Po, Milo Graytail; they're just THAT cool
  • Favorite Witchdoctor Companions: Old Scratch; he can go BEAST some times.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
My favorite companion would be Lucy Sterling (aka Sarah Steele) she is accurate, dodgy, criticals a ton, great riposte and always my first mate. (She also gets defeated a lot in pvp)

Your great and friendly pirate: Stormy Wolf Gordon
level 50

Ensign
Jan 10, 2011
My favorite comapanion? totally is bull ronin guy ( I forgot his name SRY to anyone who likes that companio-n to!!! ) WHY? well he is cool and once he upgrades he gets more like stronger than before!!!!!! and totally awesome.

My 2d favorite companion is my dog handsome dan He is awesome I got him from admirals Bundle AND HE ROCKS!!! he can heal he can do awesome sword+eletricblaster attack! and but the only problem is that he
doesnt do that much damage. Though I like his bladestorm even though he is not .!
and the awesome attack where it goes black and awesome music goes on! :D

THOUGH it may look like I like handsome dan more than kobe there is so much actually to kobe I can not fit it in here! So I just wanted to have my handsomedan happy just giving him more text even though I like kobe more! thats all.

-Trevor silentsharp Lvl23 I think.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
Darth JT on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My most favorite companion in the game currently is Kobe YoJimbo!

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

What is your favorite companion and why?
1st favorite: bonnie anne. i fully upgraded her and shes AWESOME. she only missed her targets twice as a fully uprgaded compainion ( unless they make more upgrades in new chapters) i also love her fiery personality
2nd favorite: helephant. most ppl dont know this but you can get a helephant companion from yuji's sidetask in mooshu.
3rd favorite:el toro: El toro is one of THE BEST companions in the game so far.if he used his whip more, he'd be unstoppable.
4th favorite: Mustang Sally: my swashbuckler unlocked her, and shes amazing.
5th favorite: Sarah steel, also unlocked by my swashbuckler.

tip: if you see companions you really want in the crown shop, dont buy. why? because when you reach a higher lvl, they come to you as higher lvls. i saw this as i was monitoring mustang sally on my witchdoctor. you purchase her 2 levels higher than you no matter what.
wicked scarlet, lvl 42

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
My favorite companion hands down has to be the shark cutthroat from the game stop bundle. Once you promote him he has a hook on one hand and a awesome sword in the other. I also like Froggo Villa but his accuracy is terrible.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
I'll give you my top 8 favorite companions.

1. Lucy Sterling. I bought her when I had just finished SI. She is very useful in my opinion and can hold her own in a fight.

2. Keisuke Yagi. I like his cross-eyed face and he is very useful in total. His Hide in the Shadows and Critical strike combo is amazing and he can heal on top of that. Why wouldn't I like him?

3. El Toro. The guy can dish out a lot of damage and his Critical strikes aren't only poweful, but fun to watch too. With El De Corps the guy is almost unstoppable.

4. Bonnie Anne. Her damage is amazing. Give her Burst firex2, and overwatch, she will kill with ease. Her Scatterblast not only does a nice chunk of damage, but lowers the enemies' dodge too.

5. Louise LeBisque. His Critical strikes are very powerful. My favorite one would have to be when his harpoon gun acts like a machine gun. I'm also a huge fan of his Rain of Motarshells and the way he talks too. The guy is a blast.

6. Wing Chun. He is a great companion in battle. His Call to Arms is useful and he can take hits from close ranged attackers and long ranged attackers too.

7. Gaspard De Vole. He is great wall. He takes hits and deals a lot of damage too. He blocks pretty often and doesn't miss too much. The guy doesn't really give me a reason to complain.

8. Ugabuga. He looks very cool with his Witchdoctor top hat. He has some great powers and is really useful in a fight.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Ensign
Jul 16, 2012
My Favorite companions are not necessarily my best companions. So I will give two lists

Most Useful Companions

Scurvy Boris' Power Rankings:

#1. Monkey King ( battle to battle no one consistently hits harder)(Swashbuckler)
#2 Egg Shen (great skill set)(Buccaneer)
#3 Wu Phu (hits very hard)(Witch-doctor)
#4 El Toro ( great crits)(Swashbuckler)
#5 Commander Emmett (good skill set)(Musketeer)

Favorite Companions (animations)

#1. El Toro
#2. Egg Shen
#3. Iago
#4 Rooster Cogburn
#5. Goronado

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
I have a lot of favorite companions, so I'll choose my favorite out of all the schools.

Buccaneer: Subodai, he looks so serious all the time it's almost funny
Musketeer: Bonnie Anne, she's got that pretty Irish accent
Privateer: Wu Tang from the Crown Shop, I like the "in your face" move he does after defeating an enemy
Swashbuckler: Hands down Sarah Steele, she's just plain awesome
Witchdoctor: Mormo, he's super powerful

If I had to choose one favorite it would probably be Sarah Steele. Even though she doesn't have that much health, she's very powerful and "dodgy". I hope this review was helpful!

Say hi if you see me in the skies:
Cassandra Quinn, Level 25 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 16, 2012
My favorite probably is monkey king cause he does so much damage but the bad thing is he has low health

Ensign
Nov 21, 2012
Sierra Starsong on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
I love the constant bickering back and forth between Ratbeard & Bonnie Anne. I have to put Bonnie's keen eyes up in the crows nest and Ratbeard below decks manning the cannons just to keep from yelling "Knock it off, you two, or I swear I'll turn this ship right back around to Puerto Mico!" You'd think they were brother and sister as much as they love to argue with each other.

Favorite "victory move" so far - Kobe Yojimbo dropping to one knee for a Tebow-esque moment of prayer.

Thank you, KingsIsle, for giving each and every Companion large and small a distinct personality, for making them all so much more than just units and stats, and for not forgetting the "role-playing" in MMORPG.
Completely agree. The only time they have agreed on something was the horribleness of my Puerto Mico outfit.

My favourites are Sarah Steele and Ratbeard. Ever since Sarah's been on my crew, she's disliked every new companion. She hated Old Scratch, Lucky Jack Russel, and Ratbeard. I still think she hates Ratbead. Ratbeard has just been so straight forward about everything possible. He's like the cranky old man on my crew. I'm just waiting for him to crack a "Back in my day..." rants. Ratbeard and Sarah fighting for first, and Bonnie Anne in second.

Combat wise it's the same. They are my first three shipmates, and awesome so far in all of my battles. I actually used to *gasp* dislike Sarah. She would be out in about 2 rounds because of her bad health and constant misses. However now she is a great dodger and blocker, but doesn't have the best critical hits. Ratbeard gets constant critical hits, and for now, with all of his new epics, is the best, because of his promotion. Still waiting for Sarah's promotion.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Don't have the Monkey King yet (I have had two pirates hit level 50, and they have stopped there, part-way through Mooshoo). Looking forward to it.

Having had a chance to play with El Toro since my previous post on this thread, I would have to say he is now probably my favorite. I love his promotion quest ("No, that's just my shoe"). He has outstanding abilities (that esprit de corps ability is tremendously useful), and he receives a lot of them too. The animation for his critical hits are also a lot of fun. And he is one of the faster companions, too. An all-around winner.

Sarah Steele and her cousin Lucy Sterling are deadly, deadly, deadly. And have very graceful critical hit moves (but oddly graceless strides if one is your first mate and running beside you). My swashbuckler hired Lucy, and when both she and Sarah show up for a fight, it tends to be a short fight - especially if the enemy is mainly composed of melee types.

I also love Goronado. Effective in a fight, and he just looks awesome. (Odd that his colors don't match your crew... I wonder if KI will change that at some point). I have loved primates as long as I can remember, so I thing the Big G and all the monkeys are just a lot of fun. The monkeys are not as effective as many other companions, though.

I have one of the new pets from the tribal crew pack - the raptor, Kawil Doomclaw. He is very nice - looks good, and very handy in a fight. And the cat from the original bundle (he has random names) is still one of the best-looking companions, I think.

-Michael

Ensign
Jun 11, 2011

He is an awesome Bull Samoori, his Crown Brother Wagyu or as I call him WagE is a very worthy purchase from the crown shop. He starts with First strike and later on, I train him in relentless twice, then riposte!

My second favorite companion is Kan Po, who is also a very worthy companion as well as his crown counterpart. He starts with Riposte, which I later get riposte 2 and Relentless twice, and he gets a heal.

I like both Emmett and Lucky Jack Russell. When you level them up a lot, they can do SO much damage. I have proof, too. My friend has Emmett and he defeated SO many guys. Plus, canines are my favorite animal.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2012
my favorite companion is El Toro!he is the best,but i know he has low health but he is so strong! now what is your guys favorite companion in pirate101? i would like to know.

you get el toro when you leave to haunted skyway, after you talk to death for the first time. then you talk to sly winkum in tumbleweed and then finaly you talk to el toro.you always get el toro even if you are other type. but swashbucklers get el toro and mustang sally at the same time!

tell me your favorite companion? mines el toro!

level 39 musketeername is husky lily cormac in game.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
El Toro is my favorite. He deals out such good damage, which makes battles go by slightly faster.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I would have to say that El Toro is my favorite companion. He does so many critical attacks and he can do damage above 200 when you get him. He also takes out and weakens so many enemies.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
It's a four way tie between Gaspard De Vole (I love the spinning ball critical trick he does; which I've named "The Bowling Ball of Doom"), Bonnie Anne, Mustang Sally and Subodai.

Crafty Kiley Hawkins Lv: 50

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Does anyone know where I get the companion Monkey king? I'm a lvl 13 swashbuckler but for future reference I would like to know when and what lvl I get that companion.
Red Serena Richardson lvl 24 witchdoctor

Red Serena Richardson lvl 13 swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
BossnessGG on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
Does anyone know where I get the companion Monkey king? I'm a lvl 13 swashbuckler but for future reference I would like to know when and what lvl I get that companion.
Red Serena Richardson lvl 24 witchdoctor

Red Serena Richardson lvl 13 swashbuckler
Sometime during Mooshu. I think that you get him towards the end.
Bristly Kevin

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am level 50 with two characters and holding with them... at a guess somewhere about 2/3s through MooShoo, judging by how far those characters are in Prospector Jake's MooShoo quest; my characters have not received the Monkey King quest yet. Or the Kitty Ninja quest. I look forward to both.

-Michael

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
I've had quite the amount of favorite companions. Bonnie Anne and El Toro for example. But right now my favorite companion is certainly monkey king. Incredible damage going all the way up to 700 damage,lots of good epics such as riposte and first strike (for once first strike is good on a companion) that show up a lot,and last but not least a high dodge that matches for his low hp,making him a force to reckoned with.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2009
kieran68 on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I haven't reached the end of the game, but at the moment my favorite is Thunder Hoof. He gets criticals a lot and is really powerful.;)
OK,changed my mind. I just got crowns and bought Froggo Villa. he has awesome epics and is SO powerful! Even though he's cool,I can't wait until I get El Toro! (da da ta da!)

__ ___
l
/l

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
LadyClockwork on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
1st favorite: bonnie anne. i fully upgraded her and shes AWESOME. she only missed her targets twice as a fully uprgaded compainion ( unless they make more upgrades in new chapters) i also love her fiery personality
2nd favorite: helephant. most ppl dont know this but you can get a helephant companion from yuji's sidetask in mooshu.
3rd favorite:el toro: El toro is one of THE BEST companions in the game so far.if he used his whip more, he'd be unstoppable.
4th favorite: Mustang Sally: my swashbuckler unlocked her, and shes amazing.
5th favorite: Sarah steel, also unlocked by my swashbuckler.

tip: if you see companions you really want in the crown shop, dont buy. why? because when you reach a higher lvl, they come to you as higher lvls. i saw this as i was monitoring mustang sally on my witchdoctor. you purchase her 2 levels higher than you no matter what.
wicked scarlet, lvl 42
Where is Yuji?

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012

my favorites are tier 3 bonnie anne ( fully promoted one), Shriku Neko ( ninja cat), and El toro ( el toro) All three are VERY strong and worthy. El Toro is probably the strongest companion in the game so far. or, on my swashbuckler, Sarah Steele. she always hits her target
- wicked scarlet, lvl 50 witchdoctor
- Isidora Alcott, lvl 16 swashbuckler
- Charming Valeria Noble, lvl 8 musketeer