Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Powers:Witchdoctor

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on the main boards stated that he is considering new powers for the next update. Assuming we get a 10 lvl update I figure the addition of 4-5 new talents/powers could be warranted. Here are my ideas for witchdoctor powers.

Name: Mojo Echo 2
Lvl Required: 66
Type: Epic Talent (Passive)
Range: Weapon Range
AoE: Single Target
Effect: Bonus attack if you hit(35% chance base)
Explanation: Another Rank of Mojo Echo that allows witch's the same potential to chain as other classes.

Name: Spectral Shift
Lvl Required: 68
Type: Power (Active)
Range: Self Only
AoE: Self Only/ Single Target
Effect: Turn into a Ghost for the next 5 rounds.
Explanation: Ghost gains alert 1, fly, -25% damage to self and can pass through all units(including enemy companions)

Name: Widows Caress
Lvl Required: 71
Range: Infinite
AoE: X shaped pattern
Effect: Reduce enemy movement by 50% for the next 5 rounds.
Explanation: An AoE slow that gives witch the potential to limit the movement of an entire team.

Name: Mojo Javelin
Lvl Required: 72
Effect: x3 spell power to target(ignores armor must be defended by will)
Explanation: A long range powerful strike particularly dangerous to swashbucklers and bucaneers.

Name: Soul Anchor
Lvl Required: 75
Effect: Anchors the soul to this realm for 2 rounds.
Explanation: For the next 2 rounds the unit selected cannot be killed. The unit will still take damage up till 1 health. This power allows a witch or his selected companion to endure fatal damage for 2 rounds- Giving this fragile class time to recover or flee.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I just came up with an idea that could be implemented for the witchdoctor. Its called the crystal ball. It summons an entity inside a 3x3 square of fog, similar to that of moo manchu's hat. You are able to fire your hexes from your own location, and as if your character is standing in the location of the summon, with 3 range. The reason for the fog is so that the summon cannot be simply taken out by a musketeer.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Care if I make a Privateer continuation of this? I'd enjoy it if you'd allow me.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
akhenaten751 on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:
Care if I make a Privateer continuation of this? I'd enjoy it if you'd allow me.
I already have my own thread w/ those powers made. However feel free to create your own. The more the better.

Ensign
Aug 31, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard on the main boards stated that he is considering new powers for the next update. Assuming we get a 10 lvl update I figure the addition of 4-5 new talents/powers could be warranted. Here are my ideas for witchdoctor powers.

Name: Mojo Echo 2
Lvl Required: 66
Type: Epic Talent (Passive)
Effect: Bonus attack if you hit(35% chance base)
Explanation: Another Rank of Mojo Echo that allows witch's the same potential to chain as other classes.

Name: Spectral Shift
Lvl Required: 68
Range: Self Only
AoE: Self Only/ Single Target
Effect: Turn into a Ghost for the next 5 rounds.
Explanation: Ghost gains alert 1, fly, -25% damage to self and can pass through all units(including enemy companions)

Name: Widows Caress
Lvl Required: 71
Range: Infinite
AoE: X shaped pattern
Effect: Reduce enemy movement by 50% for the next 5 rounds.
Explanation: An AoE slow that gives witch the potential to limit the movement of an entire team.

Name: Mojo Javelin
Lvl Required: 72
Effect: x3 spell power to target(ignores armor must be defended by will)
Explanation: A long range powerful strike particularly dangerous to swashbucklers and bucaneers.

Name: Soul Anchor
Lvl Required: 75
Effect: Anchors the soul to this realm for 2 rounds.
Explanation: For the next 2 rounds the unit selected cannot be killed. The unit will still take damage up till 1 health. This power allows a witch or his selected companion to endure fatal damage for 2 rounds- Giving this fragile class time to recover or flee.
I've loved the ideas, especially the Soul anchor and Spectral shift, but I've one question: How can you expect the first storyline update in 2 years and 7 months to add only 10 more levels and 4-5 powers/abilities? Valencia is surely coming, and I suspect either Polaris or Krokotopia after it. Who knows, maybe even half of a third one?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
These are all great ideas I just see one problem
With spectral touch would you still be able to you use your powers while you are a ghost?