Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mitch

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
Miracle Mitch is starting to become annoying. I remember when you could just revive them at a life fountain. But now you need to spend gold.I lost 30,000 gold on one companion.Please make it free again

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I was worried about this feature with the update but I have to say I really like it. It adds another level of excitement to battles knowing that you can't just use your companions as fodder.

In the battles before, I never worried about losing my companions (or myself for that matter as long as one companion was left standing) because it would all be reset as soon as the battle was over and I got to a life fountain. Now I have to plan differently and use more strategy instead of just jumping in headfirst to battles knowing there's no real drawback to *losing*.

After all, even if a companion or two gets knocked out there are plenty others ready to step in and take their place while they're healing up on bed rest. I never pay to revive----I just use the opportunity to enjoy seeing my other companions show up to help.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Musketeerman123 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Miracle Mitch is starting to become annoying. I remember when you could just revive them at a life fountain. But now you need to spend gold.I lost 30,000 gold on one companion.Please make it free again
The idea is not to have Mitch heal 'your mostly dead' companion, but to try using another companion instead. You can always take them off 'bed rest' and give them another assignment, so that they are at least doing something for you. The cost reflects the level of the companion. As Ratbeard has said, "Miracles don't come cheap".

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Whenever my companions die in Aquila I always take them off of bed rest. Once they are off bed rest they become wounded which is the most helpful way rather then spending a fortune on healing one dead companion. Though it does make it longer it helps with powerful companions that have fainted and you think you can't win a battle with out them. I am a level 65 and when I unwound my companions its takes off about five hundred health but I still win the battle.

Yes I do agree with you that Miracle Mitch has horrible prices but if you want to win battles and save money, make them wounded. I did like the old update when my friend would stay in the dungeon and I would go to the life fountain and teleport to him and he would do the same. Now we have to take them off bed rest and they lose some health. If you like companions with high health don't do this, but if you like damage do it. I promise you it will help in the long run!

Sincerely,
Olivia Freeman Level 65

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
A lot of people have been crying about this, but I like this feature. My companions rarely die and if they do I have backups. I think it just takes a bit of strategy. You still have many other companions to use!

Ensign
Sep 25, 2011
I'm fine with Mitch and all but its too expensive. I end up putting my companions on bed rest and taking breaks after i lose a battle. Especially the fact that, the higher level companion you have, the longer the wait for them to heal. If i lose a lot of battles then I wake up my companions and I can fight again. If I wake them up three times or more, I can't use them until they're healed.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Musketeerman123 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Dude I agree like 100%! Bad then you got to revive them at life fountains but when I made a different account in June I noticed you can't do that anymore!
I was like aww WHAT! I am so not spending 30k on my companions it's a big rip off! No wonder I never see anyone in his shop. Bring back the life fountain idea so you don't have to spend gold on healing companions plzzzzzz!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
SnazzySwashbuckler... on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
Dude I agree like 100%! Bad then you got to revive them at life fountains but when I made a different account in June I noticed you can't do that anymore!
I was like aww WHAT! I am so not spending 30k on my companions it's a big rip off! No wonder I never see anyone in his shop. Bring back the life fountain idea so you don't have to spend gold on healing companions plzzzzzz!
Just use a different companion when one goes on bed rest. Or, don't just charge in with your low health companions, let the enemy come to you.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It is not good strategy to use your companions wounded. Would you want to go into battle wounded? Take the time to train and utilize your entire crew. It is not good to only rely on four of them. When you do your battle style becomes predictable and you can be easily beaten.

Remember a pirate is nothing without his crew.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
As much as I don't like the cost, I must admit I likes this better too. This game is all about strategy and this feature helps promote that. I mean sure I miss the life fountain, but it just makes it too easy. I love a challenge! Your other companions can help you with more flexible strategies. On my I always fight with the same group of musketeer companions whenever we have to fight a mob or a not-so-powerful boss. However in Marleybone with Rooke and the Dragoons, I had a completely different team that was all melee and everything went pretty smoothly. I didn't die and neither did that group of companions. You still have plenty of useful companions! Besides, it's really fun discovering new strategies.