Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Picture changing

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
When you hatch sometimes the picture changes to something other what your supposed to get. Like me and Chrissy are trying to get me a macaw and it showed the macaw egg but when I opened my backpack it was my normal bird, can you fix this please?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
When you hatch sometimes the picture changes to something other what your supposed to get. Like me and Chrissy are trying to get me a macaw and it showed the macaw egg but when I opened my backpack it was my normal bird, can you fix this please?
I agree that this is beyond annoying. For example with my marathon 25 hatches for my Grimtooth Reaver, I would see this egg at the hatcher and my hopes would rise for it is the highly coveted red egg. Then I would open my pet page or backpack and see this and have my hopes dashed once again. I can handle the disappointment of a failed morphing but it really adds salt to the wound when hopes are falsely raised.

Administrator
Hi! I just wanted to update you that we've been looking at the cause for this and we're coming close to solving the mystery. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. It is a bug, and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Glad to know it will be fixed. I haven't done any morphing lately but I've had the same glitches with pet wranglin'. In fact with that same Toothy egg! LOL

The red on top and blue on bottom showed up in my pet slot but in the preview on the pillow I had the light blue on top with the darker blue on bottom and ended up getting a Not So Great White Shark.

One question I had that I'm not sure is a glitch or intentional: Are the pet eggs supposed to be the named the same for different types of pets?

For example I've gotten an Ice Scarab and a Coconut Crawlie both as Pinching Eggs. The Armadillo Verde & Mini Minotaur are both Mysterious Eggs. Will this be the norm for egg types?

~SM~

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 30, 2014 wrote:
I agree that this is beyond annoying. For example with my marathon 25 hatches for my Grimtooth Reaver, I would see this egg at the hatcher and my hopes would rise for it is the highly coveted red egg. Then I would open my pet page or backpack and see this and have my hopes dashed once again. I can handle the disappointment of a failed morphing but it really adds salt to the wound when hopes are falsely raised.
I am right there with you Jack and Chrissy. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to morph my Dinolizard with my White-tailed Jackalope in hopes of getting the furry little dino/deer, hybrid guy that vigorously and perpetually runs the track in the Arena. Most of the time I receive a white egg with a brown spot that produces the Jackalope. A few times I am shown the all blue Dinolizard, shelled egg but upon looking at the egg in my inventory it switches to the white/brown Jackalope egg.

Then I about leapt out of my seat when, after morphing, the egg displayed on the screen was blue with a red dot on it. I was certain that I had finally done it and had successfully morphed the hybrid- "Dinolope" or "Jackalizard" or "Buckolizard" or "Dinojack" of "Lopalizard" or whatever it may be called, if it even exists.

Needless to say my excitement soon turned to ice cream....and lots of it. When I checked my backpack it had indeed turned into the "standard" white with a brown spot, Jackalope egg. But there is one positive that came from this....disappointed can sometimes be so satisfyingly yummy!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
The same thing happened to me with the Scaly egg, where it showed up red after being morphed and then it showed up green in the pet screen. The Scaly egg also shows up different in the inventory slot (as having a large purple dot) and in the pet picture (as having three lines).

Ivette Xavier, Oracle