Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is black colour more expensive in the market?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Yo, this has been bothering me for a while. I wanna know why some colours increase the cost of an item. For example if you dye an item black, it would be more expensive if you dye the same item in red for example. I don't get it. It would be a bit unfair if you chose your flag to be black mainly, and you end up unawarely paying more than a pirate who has a red flag.

So why the different prices for different colours

I would also like to know if flag changing will be in the update.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
To quote Mr. Gandry, "Some dyes are rarer than others." It's just a feature to make the game more realistic, I guess.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I guess they did it to highlight the rarity of a color.

Developer
From time to time we update the prices of dyes, to adjust for demand and possibly steer players into other (cheaper) colors to keep the visual palette of The Spiral diverse and interesting.

Black is usually in high demand. (Especially for Pirates.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
From time to time we update the prices of dyes, to adjust for demand and possibly steer players into other (cheaper) colors to keep the visual palette of The Spiral diverse and interesting.

Black is usually in high demand. (Especially for Pirates.)
Wow, that never occurred to me. Nice ploy. Problem is I am way too stubborn, I mean A Lady Pirate just HAS to match her flag.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
So that explains why purple and green are expensive.