Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Whats the points of guns

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Ahoy! ok so recent have been sparing a lot with my 63 musketeer I found my myself in a 1v1 with a max swashbuckler. But as he went first he walked all the way over to where I was standing and attacked me and his companions made it a third of the way there. Since he made it all the way there in one turn I had a huge disadvantage with no times for buffs and more importantly traps. Lucky I won thanks to a few lucky epic but by only about 200. My point is that it seems kind of pointless to have guns if the enemy can run right to you in one turn. Either we need some kind of super duper knockback, a sniper buff, Or I am totally Over reacting.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Normally people can't run all the over in one turn. So you would normally have a little time. What I think you need is a big wall that stretches across the board. That would give you more time.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Not all players can just speed across the board that quickly.

Swashbucklers are the fastest which is why he/she was able to speed across the board that quickly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Simply lay those traps then take a turn to run through them. He will have to follow you to hit you and you are immune to all but Zeena's traps.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
The Swashbuckler you were fighting likely had a power from his clothing which let him travel the distance. (Some Buccaneer powers enable the user to travel twice the regular distance) I have one of those cards, as a Privateer, and they are so awesome.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Simply lay those traps then take a turn to run through them. He will have to follow you to hit you and you are immune to all but Zeena's traps.
Well firstly when I was introduced to PvP, the golden rule was never rush forward. I don't know why your opposing swashbuckler did so... You should have had a musketeer companion(s) with the talents Overwatch and burst fire, and these mixed together create damage for a charging melee unit. If he charged despite the circumstances and did some death dealing damage, please give me his name and castaway cove address, so I can sail my galleon to his lone island and ask tips from this brave pirate.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
There is a haste that can give you 7 extra steps he probably used it and if you were a musketeer wouldn't you have overwatch it was just well planned you had all melee companions and he got good hits that's really all unless it was a small board was this in pvp