Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's your favorite world in pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
My favorite world is marlybone

Jack walker -32 swashbuckler-

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Marleybone though I hope Darkmoor will bump it off when it becomes reality.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I would have to say Marleybone. I have always loved Victorian England back to my first romances with the Sherlock Holmes books. As a P101 world, they really are all the same. But Bonnie Anne's quest alone (Guy Fox, what an awesome name KI) pushes Marleybone to the top.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Mooshu is the one for me. I just love all the scenery there from the rising sun in the sky to the open feel of the pathways. Aquila is almost as good well done with the scenery too but I really just love sailing along Mooshu skyways.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
Its hard between Marleybone and Aquila. But I definitely know for sure El Dorado will be my favorite world of all time.

Paul Level 58

Captain
May 16, 2011
Aquila for me. I am TOTALLY into greek myths, and I thought KI did a great job of expressing them. Bravo, KI!

Community Leader
Marleybone- I do have a soft spot for Skull Island though

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Marleybone for me as well, for several reasons. First, I really like the setting (which is more Regency than Victorian in many ways, although it does wander about a bit in the references), which is to me the most traditional pirate-y setting outside of Skull Island. Second, as one of the two newest skyways it really reflects KI's decision to bump the amount of detail in the ambiance, particularly the number of people wandering around town about their own business. And that war-torn skyway is really impressive and atmospheric. It has some really interesting tactical fights, and some fun quest lines. And it has Catbeard in prison. And some excellent new companions. I can't think of anything I don't love about Marleybone.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In order, from favorite to least favorite:

Marleybone (see my previous post)

Port Regal. Very pirate-y setting. An extremely welcome break from Cool Ranch. You can upgrade to a better ship and have it look like a pirate ship. Catbeard is hilarious. Gilbert and Sullivan are a lot of fun, too. Some fun quests. S A short-but sweet chapter.

Skull Island. Classic pirate setting. Enemy ships look like pirate ships, pirate-hunters, and fat merchantmen; the clothes you buy look like pirate clothes. Long, but very diverse plot lines, and it introduces lots of themes for the game. My favorite part is the Golden Monkey section (and I love the constantly changing governors in Puerto Mico).

Monquista. Still looking quite pirate-y. Monkeys as Conquistadors works for me. In the quests, you are fighting the Good Fight. The planet-of-the-apes disguises are a lot of fun. One of the shorter chapters, so it doesn't become too repetitive. One of the skyways I most want to see more fully developed.

Mooshoo. Not extremely pirate-y looking... but actually quite a reasonable fit as it works as 18th century Asia (where pirates were certainly not unknown). A looong chapter, but it never really becomes boring. Even the run-back-and-forth quests aren't too bad, given there are only the three subsections and they are connected conveniently. Some of the areas are beautifully rendered (the powdered snow in the breeze, frozen lakes, etc.). Another reason I really like Mooshoo is that it means I have escaped from Cool Ranch.

Valencia. Looks quite nice, and is important to the over-arching storyline. Love the Armada disguises. Interesting-looking, ominous skyway. Too short to become too emotionally attached to it at this point - but hopefully it will be developed more fully subsequently.

Cool Ranch and Aquila - separate post (out of space)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I probably should have said up front last post that I am not going to rank Aquila, as none of my pirates have completed it (I stop them adventuring when they hit the maximum character level), and my two level 65 pirates haven't much more than dipped their toes into the Aquilan skyway).

Cool Ranch. Hands down, my least favorite. Aesthetically, cowboys-and-injuns just doesn't work for me in a pirate-based game. I don't want a giant Native-American looking canoe thingie for my pirate ship; I don't want my pirate dressed like a riverboat gambler, Native American shaman, or 7th Cavalry trooper (at least now we can stitch those clothes... nothing we can do about those ships, though). Paddle-wheelers are not remotely pirate-y to me. And Cool Ranch goes on forever. It may even take longer to complete than the Skull Island skyway. There are a huge number of Run-Here-Then-There-Now-Here-Now-Overthere quests, which become just a bit tedious over time. Because the Skyway is spread out so widely these quests become extremely time-consuming and boring. I am not a game designer, but it seems to me if your players have time to wander away from their computer, make a cup of tea, read several pages of the book they are working on, and eventually return to find their ship has still not reached the destination they are aiming at to earn a probably about 35 experience points, then... well, never mind. I love this game, but my pirates always dread reaching the Cool Ranch section.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
I think all the worlds are fantastic, before the update it was Valencia but now I'd have to say Marleybone!! its funny i didn't really like MB that much while playing W101 but the way they created it on p101 with the story, npc and just the world in general was outstanding. Mooshu was also quite stunning compared to the w101 version. i hope developers keep up the fantastic work if we go back to any w101 worlds in the future.

Also i agree with Paige Moonshade, there is something about going back to skull island.

Dylan

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
As far as Pirate101's worlds go, my favorite would have to be tied in between Marleybone and Valencia. In Valencia I love the stormy skies and the Italian/Spanish feel and look of the place, plus it holds the Laurentine Library. The Machine is so foreboding I get the chills looking at it when I go there! I love all of the colors and the way we just go in and get out so quickly, that way we don't stir up very much trouble with the armada. I particularly enjoy this aspect because then I have no reason to associate Valencia with negative gameplay.

Now for Marleybone, Marleybone is truly amazing. I've always wanted to go to England and I love putting on a British accent, so now I have a good excuse. ^_^ I love the way the graphics truly submerge you into the world. You can smell the polluted, war-torn air, you can hear trading stands yelling over the crowd, you know that no matter where you look, gentlemen will be wearing tunics and ladies will be wearing dresses. There's such a fine culture there, underneath all of that war. That world is teeming with discovery and it's like an Industrial Revolution that we get to see before our very own eyes! But, I must say, my favorite part about that world is the sky. I love the blues of the night and the way the stars twinkle -- Marleybone may be changing, but the sky will always remain the same. The clouds look like the ones that angels would lay on, and although the sky may be littered with ships and Valencian armada bases, the sky is truly my favorite thing to look at in the entire game. Well done, KI -- very well done.

~Elizabeth, level 53 ~

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Sam Underhill on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I would have to say Marleybone. I have always loved Victorian England back to my first romances with the Sherlock Holmes books. As a P101 world, they really are all the same. But Bonnie Anne's quest alone (Guy Fox, what an awesome name KI) pushes Marleybone to the top.
Bonnie's quest is what topped MarleyBone as my favorite. Before, it was Aquila, but the backstory to Bonnie was amazing! I have a feeling we'll be hearing from Guy Fox again real soon...

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
Hands down favourite is Cool Ranch

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Definitely Cool Ranch. I always felt a touch for the west. The world also reminds me a little when I was a child- it's el toro ( zorro ). That's the reason I like him soooo much!

Fair Ashley Holystone

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Indigo Ring on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I probably should have said up front last post that I am not going to rank Aquila, as none of my pirates have completed it (I stop them adventuring when they hit the maximum character level), and my two level 65 pirates haven't much more than dipped their toes into the Aquilan skyway).

Cool Ranch. Hands down, my least favorite. Aesthetically, cowboys-and-injuns just doesn't work for me in a pirate-based game. I don't want a giant Native-American looking canoe thingie for my pirate ship; I don't want my pirate dressed like a riverboat gambler, Native American shaman, or 7th Cavalry trooper (at least now we can stitch those clothes... nothing we can do about those ships, though). Paddle-wheelers are not remotely pirate-y to me. And Cool Ranch goes on forever. It may even take longer to complete than the Skull Island skyway. There are a huge number of Run-Here-Then-There-Now-Here-Now-Overthere quests, which become just a bit tedious over time. Because the Skyway is spread out so widely these quests become extremely time-consuming and boring. I am not a game designer, but it seems to me if your players have time to wander away from their computer, make a cup of tea, read several pages of the book they are working on, and eventually return to find their ship has still not reached the destination they are aiming at to earn a probably about 35 experience points, then... well, never mind. I love this game, but my pirates always dread reaching the Cool Ranch section.

-Indigo
My list, Mates:

Marleybone: I always love dark, edgy settings. Making this at the top of my list!

Aquila: Been a Mythology geek-head for years now (right after watching Percy Jackson, i loved mythology). I was stunned that there were no Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief references there (other than the Gods, of course, but that's not really much of a reference...), but the Battle of Troy was outstanding and reminded me of the book/show itself!

Cool Ranch: I actually loved this world because it gave us challenges, adventures, amazing stories (like El Toro and the Mag. 7), and some pretty awesome companion(s). We actually got to fight someone other than the Armada for once, and I believe this is the only world that doesn't have Armada ships flying around. Plus, it seemed like wherever you went, it had a backstory. I mean... that's where we found El Toro and Mustang Sally !

Mooshu: By far the most breathtaking, but I felt like it was rushed a bit here and there. At least with Cool Ranch, you could tell they took their time. Here, they obviously took their time with the landscaping, but there were moments where I felt as though they made us go places that we didn't really need to go to... still an awesome world, though.

Valencia: Has potential. We only went to Valencia for 10 minutes, but I can tell this world is fixing to mark itself up to the top of my list real soon...

Skull Island: Eh... lol, I know it's a pirate's paradise, but honestly, I couldn't wait to finish this world up and go to the next (i felt the same way in Wizard City). I just can't stand being trapped in one world for a long amount of time, especially when I know there's a lot more out there, just waiting for me...

Monquista: ... There's really not much that I liked about this world, to be honest. I didn't care for the companions (we didn't even get a main one!), the quests weren't all that great. Right after we left Skull Island, I was really excited to be in this world, but after seeing what I've seen now (MB, CR, Aquila...), This world has to be on the bottom of my list. I think I've gotten 2 companions from this world and they are now on the bottom of my list with Sleep Tokens. I honestly didn't get much of anything from Monquista, except those Travel Papers to MB and Valencia, thanks to Gortez...

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks for telling me guys lvl 39 now so happy

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
marlybone, i loved the world in wizard101. i did every quest to get the badge (if you want it you have to do Kingston park, :I) but i managed to do Kingston and survive (whew) so i got it. i loved the rooftops and the big cat thugs, and what i loved most of all was the dungeons. my favorite was big ben. i liked the end where we had to fight two bosses and a monster. i'm almost to marlybone and cant wait

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
MINI Beaster on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for telling me guys lvl 39 now so happy
Welcome to the boards, mate